1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we going to unleash “Road Ryno” in GS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, May 17, 2018.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon combined to shoot 11-15 from three tonight.

I don’t expect insane eye popping numbers like that every game.

We’re going to need three pointers.

Will Dan Tony play Road Ryno? Dude needs an injection of confidence and he could be useful.

Maybe James Harden should personally call him.

da_juice and don grahamleone like this.
  2. MyLateRegistration

We should. Rather see Ryno than Luc. Ryno hold his own vs GSW 9/10. Luc cannot play again, unless he hits 80 layups with contact on practice.

3. igotwhipscollectingdust

I liked the short rotations but I do think Luc and Ryno can still provide value in this series. The problem is there is really no margin for error.. If Ryno comes in refusing to shoot and Luc keeps blowing point blank shots then I would say that MDA should refrain from playing them.

saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ryan Cheese.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gerald becomes the replacement for them in this case, by default, I hope.

roslolian likes this.
  6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i don tthink we can beat them w/o ryan. maybe luc, but ryan is much more valuable with pj or luc in there.
    not only cuz of his offense, but ariza doesnt have to play 40mpg guarding the best wing scorer. pj can help with that, but instead he's playing pf.

at least eg finally showed up.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  7. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Ryno is starting to look like the biggest waste of money in history. I used to think we need him to spread vthe floor but here lately he is not even looking for his shot. I wish he would turn it on.

roslolian, topfive and napalm06 like this.
  8. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

9. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Did you see him in garbage time last night? No confidence, just going through the motions, didn't even attempt a shot. This guy should not play anymore this year. Scared to do anything.

DudeWah, Sean Dr34ms, adw and 2 others like this.
  10. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

What I seriously do not get is why he isn't willing to shot the ball anymore. He usually has the ball wide open and chooses to pass the ball back or either pass to someone who's guarded. Wouldn't you think the coaching staff would address that? Especially with D'antoni always preaching to shot the open ball. It's baffling!

adw likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think both teams will play about 7.5 guys in game 3.

ryno lost his confidence and won't even shoot. moute is looking like he has a case of the rynos too.

the good news is that the warriors got rid of their depth by placing iggy in the starting lineup. they only have livingston and young, and west for a few minutes at center only. ego, green, and hopefully moute can/should outproduce those guys. the rest of the series.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

He was talking or asked a question about Tucker the game before but yes, he says shoot it.

"That's what we believe. Hey, shoot 'em. If you're open, shoot 'em, I don't care who you are except I won't let Clint shoot threes yet but everyone else, if you're open, you shoot it. That's a good shot, we believe in you. If you're playing hard & not taking selfish shots, that will not affect the game negatively if you miss 'em."

Hey Ryan Anderson, when you're in the game, shoot it mother****er!

DavidRocket, adw, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The problem is he looks to have lost all confidence in his shot.

Ryno has got to have that gunners mentality or he’s going to kill us with his hot potato act.

If he can be convinced to shoot then I’m all for him playing.

DudeWah, roslolian and Jake Tower like this.
  14. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

What pisses most fans off about Ryno is not that he's missing shots it's just that he's not evening shooting

When your only real skill is to shoot the ball and your paid 19m you just need to shoot the ****ing ball!

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

y’all keep holding out hope for this dude when he’s been useless for weeks

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

he has no confidence

roslolian likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I hope Ryno gets a lot of minutes .... if he plays , it means garbage time.

roslolian likes this.
  18. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Got to give credit to MDA, he subs a person in, if they don't perform, he puts someone else in.
    Luc misses 2 layups, sub Gerald in.
    Ryno scared to attempt a shot, put someone in who will take the shot.
    Nene getting burned on D, sit his ass down.

So much different from McHale's keep the same rotation in even when they don't perform. I know we have a deeper bench but I think McHale would have Ryno, Luc and Nene out there even when they aren't putting up numbers.

darksoul35, roslolian, Drogba and 3 others like this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Just no op. I don't wanna see Anderson or Nene or Joe Johnson. Tuck wagon line up is what should start. That's the only adjustment u make. Those other guys would.make it to easy for the warriors to just pick on them. We have enough offense. I don't wanna sac defense for something that isn't needed

roslolian likes this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

I would say just give the minutes to green

I know he has not been hitting threes as he normally does but to me it just takes one game and he could be in fire again from deep

Just get rid of mbah altogether, I feel bad for him but the dude had to get his shoulder fixed it just looks obvious it’s not right.

Once again I would test the waters with Anderson maybe even JJ if it gets that bad

Otherwise I would just repeat what we did last night

roslolian likes this.