1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/16/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

(Warriors lead series 1-0)
    2018 NBA PLAYOFFS - ROUND 3, GAME 2

[​IMG] - VS - [​IMG]

Game Starts At 8:00 PM

The Rockets2K TV Listings
    Game is televised nationally on TNT.

Thanks,
    Clutch

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. junk151

junk151 Member

We need to turn the corner.

joeson332, DonKnock and rocketman84 like this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I am still strongly confident in this team.

I do not buy the bullshiit media narrative that a game 1 loss is the end of a series.

I don’t think it hurt us mentally.

I do believe this is as close to a must win as there is.

I got the rockets winning 117-109.

Let’s go #RedNation

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The good news is the Rockets can't collectively play much worse offensively and the Warriors can't play much better.

CP3, Ariza, Tucker, and the bench must contribute in Game 2. And the defense has to be there all game long. It's fine if Durant is getting his, but you cannot leave their 3-point shooters open.

Treat this game like it's an elimination game because it is. Go down 0-2 and it's over. Win and you head to Oakland with a 1-1 split and only have to steal one at Oracle.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot one other positive. The Foster Brothers crew will be nowhere in sight.

danoman, DonKnock, Chanmarr and 10 others like this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Adjustments will be made, Durant will cool off, Rockets even the series.

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Klay is done with his best game of the series. D'Antoni will make adjustments. Series will be tied after 2 games, just like in the Jazz series.

DonKnock, Chanmarr, IvanLCPM and 5 others like this.
  7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Durant will get his points, that's okay. We was closing into his air space, the man is 7 foot and jumping. It's hard to even mess with that type of shot.
    Klay MUST NOT get open shot. Klay must be locked down. Soon as this man get the ball, STAY GLUED on Klay.
    Curry we clearly got figured out, just keep attacking him on the offense and keep a hand up on the three point line.

Role Players such as Nick Young needs to be locked out too. Can't allow him to get open threes.

I'm sure Rockets will bounce back for game 2.

jojolover, DonKnock, Chanmarr and 5 others like this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Must win. I am looking at the role players and Gordon. Be on your A games! It's already hard to play those fancy boys, we can't afford missed wide open shots, dunks, FTs. Hopefully it was the jitters.

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Raise your hand if you would like a "boring win."

Blurr#7, Roc Paint, Chanmarr and 20 others like this.
  10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

bench has to be better. off ball d has to be better. they shot like 65% for the 1st half and we were tied. we got this man

Chanmarr likes this.
  11. igotwhipscollectingdust

12. what

what Member

The nba is a joke right now. You got 1 team that can coast against the other 29 teams.
    It's a big joke. You might as well tank for the next 5 years you'd be better off.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"Rockets can't play much worse" ... "Other team couldn't have played better"

Tired of that horseshit line of thought.

I want to see this team come out with an attitude. Come out with some balls to fight back and not get punked.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

Rockets 0-5 in playoffs when Scott Foster officiates.
    14-3 otherwise. Hmmmmmm
    COINCIDENCE?

Game7, bj3175, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Response Game...Rockets will be headed to Oakland with a 1-1 tied series.

MyLateRegistration and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I want the team to come out with energy not just in the 1st quarter, but all quarters especially 3rd and 4th.

We need everyone to up their game and Harden to match or exceed KD production

Harden and co need to watch film to help work shot clock violations out of the offense

We need to NOT leave 3 pt shots uncontested

For KD - I hope we can defend him just a bit better and hope some off his shots don't go.

I also want CAP and Ariza to check Green if he starts shoving and pushing Harden. We got to send him a message instead of having them look away and run down the court as harden is getting abused. Not saying to push or hit him but get in his face and let him know what's up. I do believe he was baiting one of our guys to run in and push him and get a Rocket ejected.

In closing- Must win.

YallMean likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can the Worriers win without Tony Brothers?

Chanmarr, Remlap, Game7 and 3 others like this.
  18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Come out firing, move the ball, Dantoni your are one of the best offensive minds in basketball, make adjustments please.

Remlap and bj3175 like this.
  19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rockets are gonna have a better outing. The Rockets will make adjustments. It seemed that everyone(media) who jumped off the bandwagon really saw what the Warriors are capable off when really playing their brand of basketball. Its beautiful to watch. Its selfless and its proven to be winning.

That being said, the Rockets too have a style that has shown to have success this year. Its up to Mike, Chris and James to go into the lab and create "great" shots for their players/teammates. Think the Rockets have to clean up on defensive rotations a bit more. Yes its demoralizing to play defense against Durant, but it was never supposed to be easy to take away a 7 ft 2-guard. Lets play with the same intensity and aggressiveness and even this up...Go Rockets!

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Ffffuuhhhhhhhh KD the p***y why you ruin the game of basketball :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TheRealAllpro likes this.