1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Barkley - Rockets vs Warriors Preview] 'They got homecourt! another good thing for the Rockets'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 8, 2018.

1. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

I didn't like the comment, by Shaq I think, that Golden State doesn't hang their head when the threes don't drop, but play defense and find other ways to score, implying that the Rocket's don't adjust when their threes don't fall. Seems like an ignorant statement given many of the wins against Minn. and Utah.

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  2. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

You know....Im really sick of Kenny Smith. He sounds just as dumb as the other two.

3. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

math rockers are usually nerdier than math teachers

but both are cool in my book

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Well Barkley just figured out the Rockets are an isolation offense and Shaq thinks our defense is still bad like the casual fans who have watched two rockets games since 2015.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. moose

moose Member

Anyone know when is game 1? Really hope it’s on the weekend

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

What's he depressed about? GS would have swept the Jazz if the Jazz found some way to beat us.

7. Game7

Game7 Member

Same. I am a math rock fan, a math teacher fan, and a @Mathrocker fan. I just couldn't help myself...the bait was there for the taking.

Hyped from being at game 5! GO ROCKETS!!!

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Shaq needs to let go of the lazy narrative that rockets don't play defense, this guy must be sleeping through everyone of our games. Also they act like the warriors swept both series and the rockets took 7 games each. Warriors also got blown out but it's ok for them because they are just being bored and relaxing, but when the rockets relax and turn it on when needed it's "oh that ain't gonna work against the warriors'. Chris broussard, Colin Cow Manure, skip, shaq, kenny, barkely, all these guys sound like a bunch of lazy clones that dont' know how to analyze match ups. Look, the rockets are not favored and shouldn't be but to act like it's so lop sided and like what the warriors have done is so much more impressive is absolutely silly. If your comparing stats in the playoffs, both teams are 8-2 (GSW might be in a few hours), both teams have blown out their competition, both teams have also came out flat in the losses they had.

Caesar, jevjnd and adw like this.
  9. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Interesting the score is somewhat close with Golden State versus New Orleans, I thought that Chuck said that Golden State will blow them out in the first half... :rolleyes:

10. JazzLakerHater

He tries to sound smart, but in reality he's just as clueless. I do love the show, but certainly not for basketball analysis reasons.

11. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Yeah, its for entertainment purpose. I guess they got paid for that. Not really analysis. If you want analysis, go over to NBA TV.

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm so relieved. Shaq bailing too, saying we'll go cold before the Warriors do. I want all these old farts predicting an easy ride for the Warriors.

The entire TNT panel is encrusted with lazy ego and needs to be swept out. (Well, I'd make an exception for Kenny.) Their halftime commentary was rote and ignorant. A lot of stupid whining about the Rockets' energy, and not a word about the outstanding defense being played by a severely hurt team in a 1-3 road game. Quin Snyder is a freaking genius.

topfive, don grahamleone and adw like this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

In their defense they're talking about the team that actually matters, everyone knew the Jazz were going fishing. I thought it would be a sweep after game 1. I agree Snyder is a great coach, though.

I'm also glad everyone is counting us out. I don't know if we're going to beat the Warriors (I'm on the record, us in 7), we likely won't. I think it's going to be a lot closer than these fools do though.

Lastly, I'm an unapologetic homer.

14. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

Now that I've thought about it some more, Shaq does have a point. Golden State did sweep us during the regular season and they have been so much more dominant during the play-offs not to mention how low our defense is ranked this year, I mean, ... Oh, wait... never mind.

15. jayfree

jayfree Member

What the Rockets need is to get out to a 2-0 home advantage start against the Warrios. If GS wins game #1 on Houston's home court then watch for this series to be over in 5 as that punch to the chin maybe too much for the Rockets to overcome mentally.

If Houston wins the first game then this series is going 7.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Barkley just said that Harden and CP3 will be playing guards that are 'better' than them.

Curry > CP3, alright whatever, sure.

But no F'n way is Klay better than Harden. These dudes are not even the same tier. Put Klay on the Kings and watch that team pick top 5. Put Harden on the Kings and he drags them to the playoffs.

EDIT: He also said that Harden and CP3 has to guard them...but this is the man like 2 weeks ago saying that Harden is one of the best offensive players EVER...seems very contradictory. Sounds like instead Klay is going to spend all of his energy Guarding Harden, Harden with how often the Rockets switch may not even be on Klay for 20% of the game since they run him off screens so much.

don grahamleone, Caesar and adw like this.
  17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's only close because Steve Kerr didn't put the Hampton 5 out there lol.

don grahamleone and houston19519 like this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There is no rhyme or reason to anything these entertainers have to say about the Rockets. The weird thing is that they never disagree on anything substantial when it comes to our team. They are uniformly ignorant about how we play.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I agreed with Shaq. The Rockets have not face a defense like the Warriors that switch on everything. When they do that, Harden and Chris Paul can't take advantage of anything and that was their strength. Without the ability to exploit anything, other Rockets would be forced to stand around and watch because Harden and Chris Paul is not doing anything other than going one-on-one and force shot under pressure.