1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White Girl/Chinese Dress Scandal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarkHorse, May 4, 2018.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Go outside, you've been in the basement too long.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My opinion as a Chinese American is this is a non-issue. There is nothing wrong a non-Chinese wearing a Qipao as it is for Asians who love to dress in Victorian English fashions. I wonder why this particular instance got so much attention. I just remembered that on February 13th at the Rockets at Twolves game the Twolve dancers most of whom are white, also wore Qipaos. I shot a video of it and infact you can hear a friend of mine joking about it as "cultural appropiation."

Os Trigonum, MoonBus and B-Bob like this.
  3. theimpossibles1

4. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I see what you are doing here. You are mocking LOF/LOH. :D

5. theimpossibles1

I find it funny that this Jeremy Lam douche is so offended by a white girl wearing an asian dress but he has no problem saying "*******" and potentially offending hundreds of millions of christians.

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

If that's the only person complaining (or starting this thing)..... Given the last name, Dude probably don't even know about the culture he's complaining other people are appropriating.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is an airball right there.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is it's not like the Han dun wear it.

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Dude, I'm all for exchanging cultures. People that are offended need to get over themselves

10. wizkid83

Yeah, but if you're someone mad about cultural appropriation, isn't it like the Han culturally appropriated it?

I admit, one thing that triggers me are oblivious self righteous hypocrites.

#50 wizkid83, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  11. malakas

malakas Member

I only saw it now.

All I can say is LOL Americans...:rolleyes:

ROXTXIA likes this.
  12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

SJWs at it again.

With billions of people in the world, anything you do will offend someone. I wish the news would not give a platform to a handful of those easily offended.

arkoe likes this.
  13. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

They weren't throwing gang signs and they weren't praying mockingly. Those poses and signs are from a popular youtube channel called H3H3 they were just paying homage to it. The video is about smoking weed and nothing to do about culture or race. I think that is the problem that people didn't dig into it a bit more before freaking.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Christians aren't the only ones who believe in God. Some people believe in Based God as well.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's just the flavor of the week twitter outrage. With the right framing and retweets, your story can get traction too.

tinman likes this.
  16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I'm fine with it... as long as I get to take it off of her :)

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You ain't b******tin'.

Is somebody kidding with this? Who GAF?

18. wizkid83

Apparently one Asian and bunch of folks bothered that one Asian GAF. Seriously, can some one let me know who else was outraged by this? Kept searching for more complaints but can only find the original meme.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think it went more like this

Some dude tweeted his rage, several thousand whites jumped on the hate train, their insanity was exposed and ridiculed, they abandoned position like rats.

importance of free speech playing out

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its a dress and she looks good in it. I dont really see the reason why anyone should be up in arms about it. Could she have worn it to get attention at the prom since it was a different type of dress? Sure but what high girl doesn't want her prom dress to get attention? I think this whole thing went a bit overboard. There is nothing to show that she was doing it to mock anyone's culture (at least from what I've read). Its a really nice looking dress as well.

Like for me personally, as an indian, it doesn't bother me at all when non-indian women wear Saris or salvars. Actually I think they look way hotter when they do wear them.

One of the biggest strengths of our country is that its a "melting pot" of various cultures, religion and ethnicity. Stuff like this get blown out of proportion is counter to that strength.

david_rocket and ROCKSS like this.