1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/29/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Great Team win....Beard is BALLING!!

-Great to see us start off so strong against an undermanned team. In previous years we would take a situation like this for granted, Its great to see the killer mentality

- Ariza,PJ, Luc.....when these three hit their 3s we will be in the winning coloumn 95% of the time. Great all around game from all 3. Welcome back LUC.

-CP and CC both played a great game.

-EG needs to step it up. Looking for the foul too much, not playing in rythm, not playing with any sort of confidence. WAKE UP PLZ. we might not need EG asmuch in this series but hes essential in the next.

Bearding!!
    RunAsOne

saleem likes this.
  2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Think we're gonna sweep the jazz. They are just happy to be in the second round.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is such a Playoff performer.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

They have similar hair dos.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I wish Anderson would be more like Mirotic. I care less about his bricks than I do about him not shooting.

Little Bit likes this.
  7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

CP3 needs to take care of the ball better, glad his turnovers didnt factor much

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Anderson will never be like Mirotic. His moves are so predictable. Yesterday with his typical spin move. I don’t know why he thinks he can just do it whenever he wants.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're such a square, man :cool:

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think he’s the reason the lead got to 10.

whiskeyred likes this.
  11. j@amc

j@amc Member

I can't be too negative after a comfortable win. There are lots of markers of our consistency.

The Jazz are another solid rebounding team, but they only got 6 offensive boards for the game (4 from Gobert who was largely invisible)
    The Jazz only had 23 offensive rebounding chances (on 76 shots). They did, however, limit the Rockets to 4 offensive boards in 33 chances.
    Without Rubio, the Jazz turned the ball over the entire game (18 TOs).
    The only defensive presence for the Jazz was Favors. The Rockets went 1-6 against him.
    Chris Paul was 1-5 from the field with 5 TOs in the second half. Was he just saving himself for another game?
    Gordon continued to struggle from the field.

Yawn, none of that mattered as we were in complete control from almost the opening tip.

saleem and BigShasta like this.
  12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Good win. Great to have Luc back. Gordon needs to shoot better and be more aware on def.

Like last years playoffs, Ryan playing at the same nonchalant in-game intensity.... Zero. Nothing u can do bout that.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

C'mon Gordon. Get back to that All-star form in the early regular season when Paul was out. His shooting was unreal.

It's so good to see Luc,Tucker,Arzia all back on the court. Our defense was great.

Clint once again making Tillman pull out that check book. When he runs from one end of the floor to the other. It puts so much pressure on the other team.

Jake Tower likes this.
  14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

CP3 was awful late in the 3rd. He keep turning the ball over carelessly and let them cut the lead down to 15. Thankfully he somewhat redeemed himself at the end of the quarter with that 3-pointer.

If the Rockets don't beat themselves, the Jazz will have a hard time extending this series.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Great start to the game and that continued in the second quarter. They let up in the second half after building such a large lead. I never felt that the Jazz were going to be a threat to come back even though they cut it to 11 at one point in the 4th. Chris and James were balling in the first half and James continued in the second half. Tucker was amazing tonight, even with Gordon terrible game the Rockets were cruising because of Tucker. Nene missed some easy ones but was very solid on defense which was great to see.

The Rockets need to just clobber the Jazz with Rubio out. He is really important to the Jazz offense and I dont believe Utah is a threat at all to the Rockets. I am sure they were tired and all, but the Rockets were getting whatever shot they wanted Sunday. They finally started to hit some of these open ones. Gobert does not want to come out of the paint at all. He is going to be struggling defensively this series since he cannot sag off of anyone in the PnR with Harden or Paul.

16. houston19519

houston19519 Member

CP3 seems to need time to warm up in each series - I expect a big game out of him in game 2 like the last series.

I'm sure its a huge luxury for the first time in his career to have a guy to score 40 plus points on his team an he plays avg - an they still win comfortably in the playoffs

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He actually had a pretty good game aside from the turnovers. That midrange jumper was money in the first half. Which is good because the Jazz are conceding that shot.

saleem and houston19519 like this.
  18. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Very true - that midrange jumper was cooking - I think Utah will "try" and make there adjustments to Harden's game 1 performance an try an get the ball out of his hands some - in return CP3 will be more aggressive in Game 2 if that happens

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member