1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Colin Cowherd] "I don't trust Houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Apr 24, 2018.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Really wish all these talking heads would STFU with this "intangibles" crap. Intangibles are great for identifying the guys who will put the work in to get better off the court. Intangibles are really important when you're looking at prospects or trading for an unproven young guy. Intangibles are about want-to and work ethic and drive.

Intangibles don't mean squat once the game starts. Every guy in professional sports plays to win. Nobody--in any sport--who has enough drive to become a pro player steps out there and says "eh, I guess I'll just mail it in today, I don't care if we lose". These guys are ALL "alpha males", they wouldn't be there if they weren't.

And you got a real problem if you think being a winner requires being a dirty, cheap player like Draymond Green. (Hope he steps on a LEGO, and it hurts. Bad.)

Lastly, essentially suggesting that we're going to lose because we traded up from Patrick Beverley to Chris Paul... laughable logic.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just watched it. do you think he trusts Houston?

DBrunk01 likes this.
  3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well he has a point - you can't trust these Rockets. Of course we can't, we haven't seen yet what they are like in big games since it's a new team, with Tucker/Green/CP3/LMM. I don't know how Harden and CP3 will respond in situations like last year's Spurs was.

However I think we have some "dog" and "men" in this team. Tucker, Ariza, CP3 have enough "dog" in them.

I'm so eager to see how Harden and CP3 deal with adversity in next rounds.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What is there not to trust?

Results speak volumes.

WCF champs or not.

Overall champs or not.

I am far more comfortable if he said they must be vastly improved. Houston has ways to go.

The man has obvious TRUST Issues.

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

So Cowherd says "analytics don't win in the playoffs," but then in the same breath he talks about Golden State -- the team that brought the 3PT shot to dominance over the midrange.

Cowherd is just moron with a pea for brain.

He's been riding LeBron's jockstrap all season long, advocating LeBron for MVP over Harden.

Now, when it was looking like Cavaliers might be eliminated in the first round, Cowherd jumped on the Ben Simmons bandwagon comparing Simmons to Magic Johnson and saying that he finally feels like the league is ready to move on from LeBron because Simmons has arrived.

This guy has no insight on the game, just a loud mouth sports radio jockey, which are a dime a dozen.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He shouldn’t trust Houston.

If I wasn’t a fan and I was on the outside looking in I wouldn’t trust us either.

That said, it’s up to the team to prove everyone wrong. All these peoples opinion’s are irrelevant.

*I didn’t listen to the video so if he said other dumb stuff don’t @ me.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

LoL

8. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Colin Cowherd called John Wall a "have-not" who wasn't raised in a "strong family" because he had the audacity to dance the Dougie during player introductions in his first game. Cowherd is a racist, vitriolic blowhard.

Kellerman's spicy hot takes I'll tolerate, but let's not promote the likes of Colin Cowherd around here.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Basically this

Certain weak-minded posters will read this as, "I'm cheering for Houston to lose", but I can't force them to be strong.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

All these national "hot takes"

[​IMG]

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

tinman, u should listen to J. Cole’s latest album KOD...rap ain’t dead yet my friend

12. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

**Sees starting lineup with CP3, Tucker, and Ariza"

"Yeah this team definitely lacks toughness and dog, lets go with that take, seems reasonable"

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MAN = GOONS

Rocket River

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nuff Said

Rocket River

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So dumb.

Fine to "not trust" them. I don't "trust" any team except Golden State if the definition of "trust" here is really "I think they will will the championship."

The logic though for his lack of "trust" is stupid.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Good for him.

17. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

must have daddy issues

18. macan

macan Member

ain't no way Colin can replace Max in hearts of Clutchfans!

19. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

Y'all forgetting Gerald Green....how dare you!

20. eslate22

eslate22 Member

he called ariza “LA, palm trees tough” i used to listen to him religiously when he was at BSPN, but he has fallen off the map since moving to Fox