1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How about once you actively refuse to become a customer?

Your reaction to this has been so over the top and laughable, I just don't see a reason to keep going with you. As I said, you can't be serious. You are legitimately trying to argue that there was no store policy against non customers using the facilities despite obviously being wrong and you use damage control spin from the CEO in order to push that narrative. I don't think an actual thinking person would seriously push forward with that.

It just shows the lengths some people will go to defend even the worst people based solely on the color of their skin. Like I said before, you'd have a totally different take (and no one would have ever heard about this) if the 2 douchebags had different color skin.

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

When the manager says buy something or GTFO.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's interesting that according to the men (and the white knights who come to their defense due to the color of their skin) Starbucks employees have no right to tell them to buy something or GTFO because Starbucks isn't an actual place of business, it's just a place for people to hang out and have business meetings. The funny part is that Starbucks is going along with that narrative and throwing their employees under the bus in a misguided PR stunt. It'll be funny to see what happens as a result of this new policy that Starbucks isn't an actual place of business and is effectively just a publicly owned hangout spot. In the sticks and suburbs I don't think it'll matter, but I'd bet some spots in highly populated areas are going to get really interesting as a result of this foolish PR stunt.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ive met with clients at starbucks and did not buy anything. ive used the restroom at starbucks without buying anything. ive used the restroom at a nyc starbucks after a homeless dude took a massive disgusting dump in there and presumably did not buy anything.

that being said, this idea of closing the stores for sensitivity training is an over-reaction. you have one dumb-ass in one store forcing thousands of people to do a training session to tell them not to be racist. if i worked for starbucks id be insulted that they think we all needed that.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Part of the reason I keep coming here is that you guys can always be relied on to provide Tariq Nasheed level unintentional comedy.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

16 pages of the "racism doesn't exist" crowd defending Starbucks lol.

That manager was clearly afraid of black people. Why else call the cops within 2 minutes of their arrival? That's an unreasonable amount of time for you to dictate whether or not someone will be a patron or not.

White people get more than 2 minutes.

edwardc likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Atta boy Tariq

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Keep on trolling.

Invisible Fan and edwardc like this.
  9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Nope.

You simply can't defend your initial assertion. Arguing about the existence of a "policy" is race agnostic (at least on my part). Why would color of skin matter if we are talking of local practice versus policy?

You are the one who keeps on inserting silly non-sequitur (sexist, misogynist, etc.).

Show me the policy. ("show me the birth certificate" - now you know how it works :D )

Exiled likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and of course it can be selectively enforced . . . .
    and of course there needs to be any 'reason' for it

Correct?

Rocket River

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I presume, like any other business, they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Thus, the manager is well within their right to refuse to allow bathroom use if you don't order anything, request that you leave if you then refuse to order anything, and call the police if you refuse to leave. The enforcement would be at the discretion of the staff, and the reason would be that there was a refusal to be a customer.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Arguing that there was no policy is effectively arguing that the woman is lying and that she made up a policy that is very common for businesses in densely populated areas. It's laughable and just shows that the [​IMG]

Movement has a long way to go before misogynists like yourself will get on board. Clearly you need some help when it comes to implicit bias. If a man was the manager would you be questioning him? Of course you wouldn't, just like the 2 little bastards wouldn't have.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ultimate troll job taking place with this believe women schtick

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully people of color realize that these racist liberal coffee shops suck and they switch to the more tolerant party.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It is indeed at the discretion of the staff until they decide to enforce based on skin color, clearly. Hence, topic. Hence, thread. Hence, apologies. Hence, let's move on already.

the thread only continues b/c white warriors want to claim racism is over. Why? What's the threat to you guys, who look just like me? We have it good. We aren't going to be getting kicked out of Starbucks anytime soon, I guar-an-tee.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Stupid doesn't claim racism is over. He claims racism is legal because he's a 19th century race warrior, I mean... strict Constitutionalist.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

#HollyHyltonToo

18. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

My argument will be the same IF the manager is a man (or trans) and the 2 gentlemen are WASP. I'm sure it will be the same for yours.
    So, can you please point me now to the policy which you asserted ABSOLUTELY exist. That. Is. All.

Bobby, don't speak in absolute terms if you can't prove it. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Meanwhile, Starbucks insist they welcome everyone (that is even NUMBER ONE in their mission statement formulated years ago). And here you are telling me they are contradicting their own mission statement?

I think you are slow. I'll spell it out now: They will never codify into a policy something that will contradict their own stated core value. It could be encouraged BUT WILL NOT be made a policy. Hence, the code word "local practice". All the other non-sense you are spewing out are all smoke screens to the fact that you cannot produce the policy that you claim "absolutely" exists. I have provided you the official mission statement, can you provide me now the policy that contradicts it? Thanks.

I realize this is the 3rd or 4th day that I am waiting for your policy. OK, I give up. This will be my last word. Have at it.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Here comes Bobbythekiddo.

2CB322E1-0516-477E-9821-BA79FDC96913-2176-000004B97F574307.gif

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure it would, your inability to believe women proves that you aren't an ally and are just another oppressor.

As to the 2 pieces of ****, if they were anything other than black men, no one would have ever heard about them getting tossed out of a Starbucks and if they did happen to hear about it, they wouldn't care. We wouldn't have misogynists running down a poor innocent woman who was just trying to do her job only to be attacked by the patriarchy. We wouldn't be dealing with the soft bigotry of low expectations either.

I know you won't accept it if a woman tells you, but perhaps you'll accept reality if a man shows you proof of "no loitering" policies at certain Starbucks
    locations.

[​IMG]

There you go, you no longer have to believe women because apparently that was too much to ask of you. You should be ashamed.