1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Honk at Me Bro [Public Service Announcement]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Are you splitting at a light or in traffic? I used to honk at lane splitters when I was new to driving... thought motorcycles were "cheating" until I saw some helmet cams of motorcycles getting rear ended while stopped at the back of the pack at a red light. It is waaaay safer for them to split but most people don't realize that.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

If I can just get off of that Austin/Houston Freeway without getting killed or caught or honked at....

#62 Buck Turgidson, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

If this is happening when you’re in the fast lane, you’re the *******.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I’m not your pal, buddy.

theimpossibles1 and DudeWah like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

You're not Canadian, are you?

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I’d say by posting out of anger in here, the honk accomplished exactly what it was supposed to accomplish.

I’m driving a family I don’t need douchy drivers that think they are badass swerving in and out and speeding. Thanks!

Sajan likes this.
  8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Found a gif of the OP

[​IMG]

Jayzers_100, arkoe, Sajan and 3 others like this.
  9. theimpossibles1

Wrong and wrong. Thanks for your .02 though. Many of yall assume i'm driving like a maniac just because I said I drive more aggressively than some. FWIW this guy honked at me because I, at the front of the left lane, accelerated somewhat quickly and switched to the middle lane. Not a cut-off, not a swerve, just a simple pass.

You know what they say about assumptions...

10. theimpossibles1

Lol, cute. That is a perfect example of a driver who is too passive causing problems. Practically the exact opposite of my situation.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you use your blinker?

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

13. theimpossibles1

Probably not. I use my blinker when it has any effect on any other drivers, otherwise I tend not to.

14. bobrek

Anytime someone changes lanes in traffic, one’s blinker has an impact on other drivers. Based on your original post, you should have used your blinker since you were changing lanes in front of another driver with other cars behind you.

15. theimpossibles1

I was well ahead of the cars behind me and moving faster than them. No effect.

16. bobrek

You said you were in front of other cars in the left lane. You 'accelerated quickly' and changed lanes in front of another car. If I were the car in the middle lane that you got in front of after accelerating quickly out of the left lane, I would have appreciated notice that you decided to change lanes in front of me, you know, the car you had to accelerate quickly in order to pass up.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That's a real shitty justification. Indicator usage should be second nature to any safe driver. Being "aggressive" is no excuse.

18. theimpossibles1

I respectfully disagree. If you are disciplined about using signals in any situation that could affect any other drivers that's what matters. In this case I was a good 50 feet ahead and adding distance. Really made no difference to anyone else.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

at 70 mph that's 0.5 seconds. Perhaps less if someone is driving aggressively and counting on you to maintain lane control and isn't blessed with the ability to read minds. Perhaps someone on a motorcycle with lower visibility that you missed.

20. theimpossibles1

I appreciate your concern. But this was at 35mph, and I wasn't dead stopped (as you assume in your example) but rather adding separation.