1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook is the Most Overrated Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kingkingston, Apr 10, 2018.

1. omgTHEpotential

Imagine giving CP3 Russell's frame and athleticism.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be completely unfair to the league.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ook-oklahoma-city-thunder-says-pad-statistics

Russell ticked about stat padding:
    "A lot people make jokes about whatever, stat-padding or going to get rebounds," Westbrook said in an answer largely unrelated to the question that was asked. "If people could get 20 rebounds every night, they would. If people could get 15 rebounds, they would. People that's talking or saying whatever they need to say, they should try doing it and see how hard it is.

"Since everybody wants to be talking, I'm tired of hearing the same old rebound this, stealing rebounds, all this s---. I take pride in what I do. I come out and play, and I get the ball faster than someone else gets to it. That's what it is. If you don't want it, I'm gonna get it. Simple as that."​

Melo, with his low key observations, is coping:
    "Sometimes you want to fight him a little bit, push him out of the way," Anthony said. "For me, it's good ... to have a guard like that to be able to crack back and get rebounds. He steals sometimes. He steals rebounds sometimes. But any time you can have a guard like that to come back and rebound the way he does, because we want to push the break, when he gets it off the rebound he's able to jump-start the break and a lot of good things happen from that."​

Please leave PG...would Quadruple Double be in the works "if he tried"?

That would be Kellerman ratings GOLD.

We'd have not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6...

...not 7 Kellerman Harden troll threads.

Clutch and RyanB like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No. He was somewhat clutch -- against sorry teams -- toward the end of the season, but he's already built a solid foundation of severely under-performing in crunch-time.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I used to defend Westbrook against his haters. Although he was low IQ, I liked his passion and energy. Few superstars go all out all the time.

But after last season, my view of him has completely changed. He was clearly stat-chasing to the detriment of his team. I feel that he is like a spoiled entitled brat, spoiled by all the media hype of his triple doubles. Now he really believes that he is the greatest hero of all time and all the rebounds and all the shots are belong to him. LOL. This kind of grandeur delusion is scary, tbh. Yet, sometimes it is almost funny. His game is kind of comical.

Richie_Rich, adw and BigShasta like this.
  6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

his career best TS% is 5% lower than harden's career low as a starter.

RiceRockets likes this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Entertaining player, terrible teammate. I'm glad he's on OKC.
    Yeah a one man fast break.

Wilbon and Tony were just talking about how the warriors tanked the game against the Jazz last night so they could avoid them and OKC (which is a total p***y move for a champion btw if true) in the first round. Tony said they’re scared of OKC because Westbrook “is the only guy in the league that can beat you by himself.”

The only team Westbrook is beating by himself in the playoffs is his team.

#27 tmoney1101, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

He would probably have 2 or 3 championships in the bag by now.

9. kiwirocketsfan

You have to respect Russ the player, he has achieved some remarkable feats even in the era of stat inflation.

I think he is fairly rated as a player and overrated as a team-mate and team foundation piece.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought Portland was a lock for three... Then they lost 4 straight.

I haven't watched enough of the jazz to see how they match up against the warriors. Seemed like it was Mitchell, Yule C and two ugly giants wearing other teams down.

Wonder how full strength Portland will be. Might be fatal if the spurs land in their bracket half cocked.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I didn't compare his TS% to Hardens.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And Harden's best season is 16.9% higher than Westbrook's worst. What is your point??

joking joking

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They’ve lost their last 2 games against the Jazz by 19 and 40.

Their system doesn’t seem to work without curry. Unless Kerr can make some adjustments I think they’re vulnerable against anyone until he comes back.

RocketWalta and DesiB like this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

Westbrook with Harden BBIQ would be unstoppable.

He's so talented but too stupid.

15. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

He just got enough rebounds against Memphis to average a triple double this season again. He simply must get the MVP award again

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think if you took an honest poll of team's fans around the league the majority wouldn't want Westbrook on their team at a supermax contract. They know he can't really carry a team despite his gaudy stats. Other fans may not like Harden, but they know damn well he'll get better results with a worse supporting cast.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

The other funny thing. Out of OKC's original big three, they ended up holding on to the one that is very clearly the worst of the three

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was the only one willing to stay. Harden could have stayed if he took a little under the max. Durant left for the easier route to the ring. OKC was up 3-1. There are things to criticize him for, but this is kind of absurd.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL he was willing to stay for the max

OKC let go of harden because they rather have WB, Ibaka, and Perkins over Harden

in hindsight knowing how harden is a winner while wb is a loser, wouldn't OKC be better off paying Harden and holding on to their big 3 OR trading WB for major pieces?

20. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

You might be onto something Chuck. Many in our esteemed sports media who follow the NBA are easily distracted by shiny objects and the like.

I blame social media.

[​IMG]