1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/10/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2018.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's a ****ing idiot.

pippendagimp likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised you keep mentioning Kellerman with me. IDGAF about him. Save your key strokes.

I'm also surprised you keep acting like I'm not a "TRUE" Rockets fan. You could NEVER win ANY Houston Fandom debate with me. You already know this.. that's why you ran my PHI SLAMA post. The homie, @SamFisher, did as well. Yeah. Yall remember that thread.. AND, yall both remember running.

The '97 Rockets are on-par with the '98 Astros in my book regarding disappointment. But you rarely post about the Astros (or Texans), so you probably don't know/feel the similarities.
    __

Respond with something stupid...... again.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, please dude. I'm a 99er.

I can tell how old you are because you called the 97 team a disappointment.

The Texans? Dude I was watching the Oilers.

You are acting like the Kellerman fans and you hate on Kenny Smith

A MEMBER OF CLUTCH CITY

This site is for Rockets fans first, every other sport or politics or video game section is supplemental

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow that Ingram guy has a crazy release and just made it count, great story!

roslolian and Remlap like this.
  5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

You are a member of Clutch City's Main College HATERS Fraternity. Congrats. Never spoke on liking Rice/TSU/PVU either. Quadruple Fail on your part.

'97 had Dream, Barkley, Drexler, and Willis... and lost in FIVE games in CFs. YEAH, that's disappointing to me.

I say FIVE because Eddie Johnson was LUCKY crap.

That team going to the Finals to -- somewhat -- answer Rockets-Bulls conversations. YEAH, that **** ****in disappointing.
    ___

Oilers. Okay. Yeah, every true Houston fan should love them. But, what? You're a Titans fans now ?

That would introduce an entirely new spectrum of failure for you in this conversation.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

dude.

you don't remember 97 or weren't alive when it happened.

I don't care if you take a bath in the bayou and still have a 713 number
    or have a room full of furniture delivered from Mattress Mack in unmarked trucks

your takes on 90s Rockets teams have no credibility to me

I'll just stick to the brotherhood if I want a discussion about Barkley and 97

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Great post dodging everything said.

It's also completely r****ded considering the topic at hand. Cool-sounding -- that's why I somewhat like you --, but r****ded considering the topic.

We are STILL homies though since you're a true Rockets Fan.

I just know what level to keep you..

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I love my 97 Rockets and I remember what Barkley did

you can hate what he says but not what he did

And Barkley is a friend to Clutch
    http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=30

• Clutch: Hey Charles, can I ask you a few questions?
      Barkley: Sure, man.

Clutch: I write for a website called Clutch City Online and a lot of fans asked about the new rules. I know it's being casually referred to as the "Barkley Rule", but we wanted to know how you think this is going to affect your game and the Rockets game this season, being that the Rockets always do a lot of post up.

Barkley: I don't think it will affect me at all to be honest with you. I think it will give me an advantage because I know exactly how quick I have to make my move.... and it only counts if you're dribbling the ball, so if you're facing up it doesn't matter so I don't think it affects me at all.

Clutch: Who do you think is the "Team to Beat" in the West this year?

Barkley: There is a lot of good teams. I don't think there are any great, great teams. San Antonio is very good. I think the Lakers obviously are going to be better. I like our chances after that.

Clutch: We have a lot of Rocket fans here in Austin and I know many wanted to know what you think of Austin so far.

Barkley: (excited) Oh it's nice man, I had never been here before. I'm having a great time. I am. I was excited to see the city and it's been...

Clutch: Hit Sixth Street?

Barkley: Yeah, I went to Sixth Street last night. It's an interesting street. You can get in some trouble down there. (laughter).

Clutch: Great. I saw some of practice yesterday and you looked great yesterday. I appreciate you taking the time...

Barkley: No problem man.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I don't need Barkley schooling.

He's arguably the #1 biggest Freak of Nature the league has ever seen.... 6'5" with a Rebounding Title.

But... we're not talking on-court skills.

Rockets ballin so HARD, he gotta bow down.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

He's been giving the Rockets credit and you are not basing your view on him on this year, you are basing it on when he said we sucked, which we did in the other eras.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

That fool knows he employed several area restaurants.. yet no mention.

However, he WILL broadcast we BIG though. Dirty water will be known.
    ___

You already confirmed my point when you said THIS year.

You know them fools been hatin.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a lot of benefits that come with that salary though, which make it much more lucrative. It's a shame we didn't snag the guy, with our game being based around the 3 pt shot.

13. arjun

arjun Member

He didn't sign a 10 day, he signed a rest of season contract...which for him (0 years of service, signed on 4/9) would amount to $14k.

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I was at the game last night and here are my observations:

- Joe Johnson plays negative defense. Besides camping on the perimeter waiting for a shot, he does nothing on the other end of the court.
    - Zhou Qi is lost on offense. I know all the bench players are trying to get their stats but it doesn't seem they run any plays through Zhou in the post. On defense he is actually pretty good at blocking/altering shots. He has the Yao Ming effect where he is so tall and long that players freak out when they shoot around him. All he has to do is get a hand in their face.
    - Nene was awful on both ends of the court. He is the 6'11 Center version of Joe Johnson.
    - PJ Tucker surprisingly looked a tad shorter than Harden. He definitely looks undersized for his position.
    - There were far less Rockets fans than the Clippers game a few months back. Not sure if this was because the game didn't matter or cuz Lakers tix are generally much more expensive than Clippers games.

15. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Yea verily....

hakeem94 and tinman like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

If the 99ers were in the Marvel Universe

We'd own the Reality stone

cause we keep it real

[​IMG]

#696 tinman, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Joe Chee had 3 blocks in 5 mins. If we played him 30 mins he'd have 18 lol.

Seriously though dude looked really lost out there but the Rox have nothing to play for. Just play the scrubs, this win cost us the Prince who would have been big in the playoffs.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That teams problem is they had no point guard, it was a roster issue. basically post up Barkley post up dream post up drexler lol.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was the dawn of the Matt Maloney era. Brent Price went Weekend at Bernie's so we picked up any stiff who looked like he could shoot a three.

Kevin Willis was built like a Panzer. Prob from the same assembly line.

mixtape!

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah like I said we had no point guard, lol.

Invisible Fan likes this.