1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I haven’t enjoyed a movie at a pure childlike level in a while. Ready Player One was like someone hacked into my brain and made a movie about my dreams.

Glad I didn’t read the book since everyone I know who read it picked the movie apart instead of enjoying it.

Haven’t felt so immersed in a universe since Avatar.

10/10

CometsWin and B-Bob like this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Saw Pacific Rim: Uprising over the weekend and was thoroughly disappointed. The original was amazing on many levels and this was just so "blah" so many issues with the lazy plot and it didnt have the same sort of action styles. I didn't see it in IMAX or anything but I wished I went to go see Ready Player 1 instead. Elevated expectations probably had a factor in it, but it will still really poorly done IMO for such a large scale movie.

cheke64, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House on amazon last night. Really enjoyed this film about the guy who was "Deep Throat" during the Watergate crisis. First time I've seen the story portrayed from his point of view and from the perspective of what was happening in the FBI at the time. Really good historical drama, even if the reviews have been mixed. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Watched The Meyerowitz Stories on Netflix tonight. Excellent cast, basically well done. Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, and Dustin Hoffman make it work. Maybe a little slow during the middle, but overall worth watching. 7/10.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

A Quiet Place is really good. One of the few scary movies where the cast aren’t a bunch of complete dumbasses.

Cool concept, great execution.

9/10

B-Bob and htownrox1 like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Coco

10/10

Great movie. Visually beautiful, story is well done with good script.

GRENDEL and mikol13 like this.
  6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Blockers

All the funny scenes were show on the trailer. So avoid even tho rotten tomatoes says its fresh when it should be 50% rotten

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

A Quite Place

8/10

Really enjoyed this movie! Also this isn’t really a horror movie as it is a thriller. My only gripe is that it ended 10 minutes sooner than I wanted it to. But it gave it kinda like a short story feel. The acting was so good from everyone and there wasn’t a moment I wasn’t on the edge of my seat. I’m a big fan of Jim Halpert really glad his first movie as a director was a success.

Rewatched a couple MCU movies to get myself hyped for Infinity War.

Spider-Man Homecoming - 8.5/10
    The best Spider-Man movie. Slept on this one when it first came out. Vulture is up there with Kilmonger for best villain in the MCU

Thor Ragnarok - 9.5/10
    Thor and Hulk buddy cop movie. What else could you ask for, oh yeah Jeff Goldblum is amazing

Dr. Strange - 7/10
    Really like this movie, not as rewatchable as Ragnarok or Gaurdians but I enjoyed rewatching

Severe Rockets Fan and htownrox1 like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Atomic Blonde-8.5/10

Enjoyed this much more than expected. Love the music in the movie, for me it helped my rating.

GRENDEL and justtxyank like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just watched A Quiet Place.

It was intense.

Not really a horror movie, but had more heart racing moments than any horror movie I've seen in a long time.

Didn't know John Krasinski actually was the director - really, really good job.

Loved everything about it.

GRENDEL and htownrox1 like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unsane= 6/10
    A Quiet Place= 8/10
    The Ritual= 10/10

11. Roxs-Redemption

Tomb Raider 7/10

GRENDEL likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched Hannie Caulder with Raquel Welch, best part was trying to catch glimpses of her ass through the poncho she wears in the first half of the movie. A bit lame overall, but not completely hopeless as a movie. 5 or 6 out of 10? wouldn't watch it again though.

Also saw the Finding Vivian Maier documentary on Netflix. This is excellent if you like documentaries, and the photos they show are great. 9 out of 10

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

A Quiet Place - 9.3/10

Very impressed with Jim's first major film as a director, it's very hard to make a well written horror movie that's actually scary these days and he succeeded. The acting was also great, the movie would've been a perfect ten for me but I thought some decision making towards the end was a bit extreme and unnecessary. Movie leaves a great opportunity for a Sequel and Prequel.

Downtown Sniper and htownrox1 like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Absolutely, they can even go in a fair few directions with a sequel.

The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid!

Obito likes this.
  15. cebu

cebu Member

24 hours to live - 7/10. great action but not so deep story line. overall it was entertaining.

16. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

The Death of Stalin, directed by Armando Iannucci. Stars Steve Buscemi, Jason Isaacs, Jeffrey Tambor. Funny film based around the power struggle between Stalin's groupies following his death. Definitely check it out.

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. cebu

cebu Member

in theaters or netflix? ty.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Game NIght - 9.5. Didn't know what the movie was about but i'm sold on anything Bateman. Great, fun movie. Also a great cast of people from shows i like.. Winston from New Girl, Sharon from Catastrophe and a mini Friday Nights Lights reunion with Coach Taylor and Landry, who was hilarious.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Theaters. I also enjoyed it. Same guy who created Veep.

cebu likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I've been talking this up for a couple of months, glad others are watching and liking.