1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Perception can become reality even if does not have an ounce of truth but if stuff like this is being reported from WaPo via Chron... there's going to be problems (I think Solomon is a hack, for the record):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...uring-national-anthem/?utm_term=.76b63545534f

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Mcnair did nothing wrong

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Bob should go the Rockets and Astros brass on how to properly run a sports franchise in Houston. His backwards mindset isn't leading the Texans anywhere.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL.......coming from one of the Biggest bigots on this site, is not helping McNair's cause.

5. Mr. Space City

chris paul would have never came to the rockets if mcnair was the owner.

luckily the rockets don't have dumb owners that say dumb **** that could run away free agents.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

One thing that seems clear is he's not very focused on winning.

As long as he makes his money he's good

adw, Buck Turgidson, showa13 and 3 others like this.
  7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

being called a bigot by libtard is an honor.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tone-deaf idiot unpologizes - the subtxt - he's the real victim of racism.

Also, if I'm Kaepernick's attorney, I'm jumping for joy that McNair is getting himself on record about Kaepernick, of his own voilition.

Way easier to go into a deposition and make them look terrible when they have a statement that you can trip them up over.

Congratulations to Bob McNair, the NFL ownership menagerie is a pretty toxic group overall, but he is really making a push for the bottom of the barrel

TheRealAllpro and Mr. Space City like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Look, old man, if you're trying to go the Donald Sterling route to sell the team then you're going to need to glam it up a little bit. If you're not trying to sell the team, then someone who loves you (if there are indeed people who care about the man) needs to tell you to shut the **** up. Right now, this is all just coming across as you being a closet racist, or at the very least, appallingly elitist.

Either drop a real bomb and sell the team or never talk into a mic again.

macho GRANDE and Mr. Clutch like this.
  10. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

I remember I used to rouse Cowboy fans about the antics of Jerry Jones, now I just STFU. We've had some terrible seasons and this is by far the most embarrassed I have ever felt as a Texans fan. :oops:

Nook and Mr. Space City like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

While I agree McNair should probably leave it alone and let it die, why, when asked should he not answer how he feels it went down? We can have Lebron talk about everything he knows nothing about like he’s some sort of worldly philosopher on all things known, but gets praised for his stance. A bit hypocritical to say McNair can’t give his side of a story when asked. Just because you don’t agree with him doesn’t mean you’re right and he’s wrong.
    Still think for business purposes it’s best to remain silent on things and just run your business how you see fit.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Maybe, except for the fact that he's lying and everybody knows it save a few clowns in this thread.

/Bob: I never said that about Obama, Duane is a liar!
    /confirmed by several players that he did say it

According to the manual, the next step in this process is "Ok he said it, but what he said isn't that bad, so I don't see why it's an issue."

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That part is a bit damning. As far as saying he didn’t say something political. If that many players can recall him saying something, he probably did.

tehG l i d e and LongTimeFan like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

So McNair is either a liar or he is really, really stupid.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Hey Bob, remember that time you very publicly said you were against the Bathroom Bill, and then it turned out that you secretly were funneling money to the PAC pushing to defeat the same bill? Then when you were caught you suddenly wanted your money back when it was exposed what a coward you are? Good times.

Also, appreciate you speaking out against Trump being divisive..... oh wait you donated one million dollars to getting Trump elected.

Still cutting those checks for Ted Poe?

No one buys your nonsense.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Or he's a coward.

He insists the “inmates” he was referring to were not NFL players, but rather league executives who he felt had more control over major decisions than the owners. “I really didn’t have anything to apologize for.”

Yep. Definitely a coward.

Just admit the players kneeling pissed you off and you want to stop them from doing it.

You're allowed to have your own opinion too, Bobberino.

#1236 DonnyMost, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Nook, Buck Turgidson, JeffB and 3 others like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I think the coward part is already commonly accepted, no?

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

I think more than anything it shows that his apology for using what I would describe at best as being a not well-thought-out analogy was completely insincere. On top of that, it opens up a can of worms that has no redeeming value whatsoever but also carries the potential to scare off players from coming to this team in the future.

JeffB, cmoak1982 and Mr. Space City like this.
  19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

McNair is an idiot. All this is stupid and he needs to just shut up. BUT DAMN STOP WITH THE KAEPERNICK STUFF!!! All of you arguing that he would be better than Weeden or Savage, and the media all over our team for not signing him... IT IS A BACKUP QB POSITION!!! What about the 9 teams that don't have a starting qb?? Why arent they being yelled at for not signing Kaep? No the only reason Kaep to the Texans gets complained about is to further the draggin of McNair's name.. He is doing that on his own, everyone else needs to shut up about Kaep. We have a starting QB, multiple teams don't but they can run out there with whoever and don't get yelled at at all.. Just stupid.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nobody here is hypocritical at all, and this has not a single thing to do with LeBron.

I welcome Bob McNair for being so lacking in self-awareness and so thoroughly entrenched in his plutocrat bubble that he has no compunction about accidentally airing his own self-righteous grievances.

I fully respect his right to do so, repeatedly!

And for the record, I don't even think he's wrong, he's admitting he's laughably out of touch with society and popular sentiment among the rabble, and also among NFL players - I completely agree with him!

JeffB and Mr. Space City like this.