1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Coach of the year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 29, 2018.

1. WeAllHateDallas

My vote would be for Nate McMillan.

How many people had the Pacers in the playoffs this season?

The Raptors and Celtics were suppose to be in the playoffs.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Y'all need to stop this....like arguing for unanimous MVP, as if this were MLB that loves to vote unanimously vs NBA that has only done it once.

No coach has ever won COTY two years in a row. No one.

That said, we should demand that Morey is EOTY.

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah ok but how much work do you think MDA put into making Harden and Paul work? They kinda coach themselves. Its like saying Lebron's coach was a genius the year he beat GSW in the finals.

For me it should be Casey, Stevens, Portland coach or Pop. Those guys have made their team overachieve.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rox are gonna beat every other team except GSW anyway, intimidation isn't needed. Rest is more needed for GSW since they won't be intimidated by records seeing as how they lost to the Cavs the year they set the NBA record.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kinda crazy though, Rockets could and maybe should win almost every award this season:

MVP - Harden
    COTY - MDA
    EOTY - Morey
    6th man - Gordon
    MIP - Capela

I mean, Brad, Lou, Oladipo etc are all strong and deserving candidates but damn, the Rockets are really having a terrific season.

Personally i expected them to make the playoffs, or tbf, to battle for a spot in the playoffs, the East is just not that good.

Oh, didn't know that, well, Brad it is then...i guess at least.

Also yeah, time for Morey to win the EOTY.

6. Fantasma Negro