1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: Does James Harden deserve to be the unanimous MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

stupid ass bimbo

jevjnd likes this.
  3. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Regarding cowherd's argument saying it's the system, what happen with Kobe and Melo with Dantoni?

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Truly an idiots convention when Sauces appears to be the most intelligent person on the panel.

"Don't love Houston's bench" - Colin Cowherd on the best bench in the NBA

IvanLCPM, Mazulis, Blurr#7 and 6 others like this.
  5. MD_in_Training

How does someone like Cowherd have his own show? I honestly don't understand it. Dude has no logic in his arguments. The difference between Kellerman/SAS and Cowherd is that the former pair KNOW they're putting on a show and are arguing for the sake of arguing. I swear, half the time that SAS is shouting, Max has a sheepish grin on his face. Cowherd, on the other hand, thinks he's smarter than everyone else and truly believes what he's spouting.

His argument that Harden wasn't as impactful as Curry was in 2015-16 was a total red herring. Being the second ever unanimous MVP doesn't mean that he needs to be better (or even as good as) than Curry. The MVP award isn't a cross-time comparison between players. It's about who is doing what in comparison to his peers THAT YEAR. So, if Colin wants to say that Harden is not the unaminous MVP, then what he needs to argue is WHO ELSE is deserving of that award. If you can't name a second deserving MVP, then STFU. Dame? Lebron? GTFO.

Secondly, his Chip Kelly analogy is asinine. Going by that analogy, then Tim Duncan should never have been MVP and Kahwi should never even have been considered due to the fact that Pop is probably one of the best if not the best coach in NBA history. Is he going to come up with an objective measure of "how good a coach or system is" then subtract that value from the MVP scoring a player gets? Unbelievable.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does it matter?

I hope BSPN votes him 3rd as a bloc again. DO IT.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

did cowherd say he didn't like houston's bench???? that's insane.

Mazulis, jevjnd, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook and jevjnd like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I had been avoiding these talk shows and all these videos posted on here all season and decided to take the plunge with this one...I’m only a few minutes in and Colin Cowherd is already annoying the sh*t out of me

D’antoni gets too much credit for what Harden is doing...Harden is in isolation an insane amount of the time, and he takes a ton of off the dribble/highly contested shots...only 27% of his threes are assisted as opposed to other high volume 3 point shooters like Steph and Dame who get 62% and 41% of their threes assisted and aren’t in isolation nearly as much as Harden is

some of these fools act like Harden is getting all these wide open shots and D’antoni is making the game so easy for him because of his system...nah, Harden is just so great that he makes it look easy...we’re not even running Mike’s 7SOL offense like back in PHX

most guys could not thrive with the type of shots that Harden gets and is constantly taking

Curry plays in a great system alongside multiple stars that also enhances his numbers, but that never gets brought up...

split41, jevjnd, BigM and 6 others like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I couldn't get through the full video, it's too dumb. I hope Westbrook wins the award as a 4 seed with a triple double average.

How can Lebron get votes with the hellacious January he had?

Furthermore, I'm not really into blonde hair and blue eyes, but I think this white woman is stunning.

Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  11. HookemHorns1250

Harden will win the MVP, there’s just no way to screw this up for the majority of the voters.

However, it is just... amazing... how some voters are clinging to AD, because he lost Boogie and continued to have a good season, and has his team in the playoffs. They are literally trying to make all the cases that Harden has already done in the past, except, now that it’s not Harden, it’s ok to make them.

Harden with out Dwight when he got hurt. Harden making the playoffs with a sub par team...etc.

RocketsTerps, Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  12. photojoe

photojoe Member

People are still saying MDA's system is what it is?

What a pathetic argument...

Cowherd: "The system works for everybody!"

...except Melo and Kobe. And Harden is putting up way better numbers than Nash did

13. HookemHorns1250

As for Collin, I can’t stand a lot of the things he says, but he might be the only person willing to admit the truth abou Westbrook. Sometimes he takes it too far, but he’s the only one I’ve seen stating that Westbrook just makes his teammates worse.

Stormy1234 and Jake Tower like this.
  14. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

What's up with Cowherd? Wasn't James 2nd in MVP voting in 2015 when McHale was coach? To me it seems the D'antoni has even altered his style to fit Harden's (and Chris too) game. Slower pace and more iso ball. This dude's argument is totally invalid. Why am I not surprised?

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don’t think these guys know what “unanimous” MVP means in the NBA.

To be an unanimous MVP, you have to get all the 1st place votes. People get to vote for the MVP by their top 5 ranking.

It seems like they are saying that because Harden should be the winner, players like LBJ, AD and Lillard won’t even get a vote. As if, voters only get one vote. No 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place votes.

As for Harden being unanimous; I would be pleasantly surprised. Broussard makes a great point, most everyone know who votes for whom nowadays and you don’t want to be the one that let your bias show in your vote. I think there is an overwhelming consensus that Harden is going to win MVP and the real discussion is who is coming in 2nd

Stormy1234, Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I didn’t even finish watching after that. I guess any player that has a good coach that fits their style of play shouldn’t win the mvp.

Stormy1234, D-rock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't generally care about MVP discussions, but this is so incredibly fvcking stupid that I have to comment.

When you look at it player by player, there is simply no one else with a case for a 1st place vote.

Anthony Davis is an amazing talent and deserves some recognition for keeping his team in the playoff hunt after losing Cousins. Give him a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place vote.

Damian Lillard has been excellent, and leading the Blazers to the 3rd seed is a great accomplishment. Give him a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place vote.

LeBron James is the most talented player in the league, but his team has been an utter disappointment and at times this season he has looked completely checked out. Give him a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place vote if you absolutely insist on recognizing his greatness.

Demar Derozan is the best player on a damn good team, but their record is still worse than Houston's, and he's simply not in the same tier as Harden individually. Give him a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place vote.

Kevin Durant has had an excellent season statistically, but like Derozan, his team's record is still worse than Houston's. In this case, that is true despite having 3 other Future Hall of Famer's on the roster. In addition, he's already missed 11 games and will miss more as he recovers from a rib injury. Give him a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place vote.

Don't get me started on Russell Westbrook.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

didn't even watch it. media conspiracy

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They act like the McHale years never happened

Rocket River

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Of course he does. Steven did it so why not the real MVP.

Stormy1234 likes this.