1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Multiple package explosions in Austin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Mar 12, 2018.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That is how Amazon delivers half of our packages. Just look at the tracking number and compare to your account. It probably starts with TBA

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I've done this, and was expecting a delivery today. She even said "its an amazon package", but still too scared to open it. So, whoever is doing it in austin, is getting their desired outcome.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you're okay since you're expecting an Amazon package.

But if you're worried, you could always call the cops and they'll come and safely do a controlled explosion. But then your Amazon item will be destroyed and you'll request Amazon deliver another one. Thus repeating the cycle. But yay fireworks.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

You don't have anything to worry about. You don't live in Austin and you were expecting the package. No problems.

Now open up the package and let us know what happens.

Sajan likes this.
  5. updawg

updawg Member

We've already raided the heb and twin liquors. It's the equivalent of a winter storm warning or hurricane in the gulf

I feel bad for the delivery guys, most of our **** is delivered by unmarked cars .the Amazon guy has a yellow vest but nothing else

They need to catch this ****er soon .Sucks explaining to a 3rd grader what's going on.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

or they are really knowledgeable about explosives and are basically toying with the city. do some package-on-porch bombs which makes everyone scared of packages. then switch to trip wires on sidewalks. they probably will switch to something else next.

the trip-wire takes it to a whole new level. im not walking my dog at night till this f*** is caught.

7. updawg

updawg Member

I'm with your thinking on this .this guy is staying one step ahead at all times. He better not **** with kids walking to school . Hopefully he blows himself up soon

I'll still go on my business as usual but I did remove some stuff from the front yard that the neighborhood kids play with .would be way to easy to put something in and a 4-10 year old walks right onto it .Sucks but once it crossed my mind I removed it. If it can happen in Travis country it can anywhere

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I live in north Austin. But I have already had to have a conversation with my 2nd grader. Perhaps this is the kind of **** that makes people say to stop moving here.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

at least they got this idiot

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

If its san antonio then next could be Houston. Scary

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These folx are terrorist

Rocket River

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Right, wonder if it is connected at all. Did they bring a package, or start mailing stuff via fedex? Crazy stuff if related.

Then fedex has to wonder how many more of "those" packages they have. Can they safely deliver anything else?

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the FedEx explosion was a package that originated in Austin and was destined for Austin, meaning that the carrier took it to the sorting facility before it exploded. The bomb probably had a different trigger, meaning it's the third different type used if it's the same person.

Another suspicious package at the Austin airport's FedEx facility.

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think they're saying it is related, at least per the latest update.

17. updawg

updawg Member

Supposedly sent from the FedEx location on Brodie in sunset valley .hopefully there will be good video / evidence if true

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

FedEx and UPS will have to start a different screening process soon, especially if these packages are ending up at the hub or end distribution centers without the bombs being detected.

Eventually the employees will get weary of doing their jobs if it means possibly losing a limp and at worst their lives.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No terrorism nexus? What does that mean? This is terrorism.

What is the White House going to say, btw, if they finally catch the guy and he's a Muslim ISIS bombmaker? All of a sudden, it will be terrorism in their eyes?

peleincubus and conquistador#11 like this.