1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

790 was getting their butt kicked even though they were the home of the astros and going on that ws run

longer version:

https://chirb.it/K7vMw8

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Josh is trash. Overall 610 and 790 have pretty wack hosts. I like a few but most have no idea about sports in general. Just one topic.

htownrox1 and joeson332 like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

around the 1:50:00 mark

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Landry Locker: You're shaking like a little b****.

Innes: Who the ****...Who are you?! Who are you?!

:D

http://www.chron.com/sports/texas-s...Innes-Super-Bowl-Radio-Row-fight-12539638.php

Sending local sports radio host Josh Innes to the Super Bowl basically guarantees some sort of publicity stunt, and he came through again Wednesday morning on Radio Row at the Mall of America.

With rival Houston sports talk stations SportsRadio 610 and SportsTalk 790 in close proximity to each other, the hosts for the morning shows got into a shouting match with each other live on both stations.

With Seth Payne and Mike Meltser hosting their show on 610, 790 producer Jim Mudd approached the 610 table and started recording their show with his phone. Eventually, Innes joined him and got the reaction for which he was no doubt looking.

Payne, the former Houston Texans defensive lineman, ripped into Innes on air, referencing Innes getting fired from Philadelphia radio before returning to Houston in 2016.

"You're a fraud, you're a joke, you bounce around, the Philly people here know you're a joke, the Houston people ...," Payne said. "You have like one employer left who you can work for."

When Innes told Payne and Meltzer theyd eventually be fired, Payne went into a little psychoanalysis of Innes.

"You're weak, you're insecure, you can't leave things alone," Payne said. "You'd be so good if you'd focus on being good, but you're so obsesed with everybody who doesn't like you that you fall apart."

SportsRadio 610 has the highest-rated morning sports talk show in Houston.

Things got even more heated when 610 producer Landry Locker jumped in and told Innes: "You're shaking like a chick. Yu're shaking like a chump. You're shaking like a little b****."

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain was a guest on the 610 show and eventually walked off while the argument was still going on.

Earlier this month, Innes stoked the fires of the rivalry by calling in to Payne and Meltser's show in the morning.

At last year's Super Bowl media night, Innes had Mudd dress up in a trash can with Brock Osweiler's number painted on it.

#1024 J.R., Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    macho GRANDE and tmoney1101 like this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This is pretty funny...

Oh and Innes sucks.

6. updawg

updawg Member

Timely bump .

I live in Austin and our sports radio is pretty bad so I've recently tried streaming Houston's. Holy ****...this dude is even worse .all he does is talk about how fat he is and act like a wannabe stern. Pretty sure he's racist as well. Is that chick really his girlfriend? That is terrible radio, I can't believe Houston has dropped that bad. Who listens to this? I can't believe mattress Mack advertises with this crap .

I guess I'll stick with howard stern and Austin radio now. Also, I'd like to listen to Charlie but his timeslot isn't good right now

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

If I were 790, I'd be embarrassed that this guy represents my station.

Sadly he'll just claim he did it for attention and ratings

EDIT: Nvm, they're actually promoting it SMH. They must be proud

#1027 TMac'n, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    tmoney1101 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Why would 790 producer Jim Mudd record 610’s show? Doesn’t make sense unless it was after Innes’ run-in, which the article states was the case.

And yes it was rude to ignore McClain like that, but it was equally as eye-rolling and hilarious to hear John mention his years of experience once again.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They were trying to bother those guys and create a confrontation. It worked.

10. clutch citizen

That’s just sad. How could anyone respect 790? Anyone down to start our own sports radio show? Clutchfans 690 Nice Sports

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nobody respects them. There is a subset of listeners that enjoys his amateur assclown behavior and they listen. Good for them. Everyone deserves to have an entertainment option.

clutch citizen likes this.
  12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I won't tune into 790 till 10AM and usually tune out about 3PM. I can separate the hosts and I don't consider Anus a part of them, just a usurper on borrowed and paid for by Mudd-time.

arkoe and TMac'n like this.
  13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You can tell when which host has the 790 twitter account at certain times.

TMac'n likes this.
  14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I switched over to 97.5 when Lance joined, and I don't think I've listened to a minute of AM radio since then. Which is odd since I had never tried 97.5 before now. I've enjoyed all the hosts on there and haven't found a reason to switch.

Dankstronaut, MadMax and texian like this.
  15. clutch citizen

True. That’s why Skip and Max and Stephen A. Smith get a lot of face time. I do feel like this was all planned on both sides. Not only did no one try to stop it, but the producers participated in it. The little thank you / no hard feelings tap Innes gave Payne at the end was odd. The only payoff worth all this is if they get in the octagon or if local radio hosts participate in a royal rumble.

joeson332 likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Good to see Houston sports radio is still utter garbage.

joeson332 likes this.
  17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

This is the same way I am. Although I'll tune into the Bottom Line occasionally. In the afternoon, 97.5 (the Blitz) is really lame, and I refuse to listen to Texans propaganda on 610

joeson332 likes this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I just started Howard Stern, jesus I have been missing out

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

790 used to be fun to listen to couple years ago, but I'm not sure what happened. I took a like 1-2 year break from listening as often as I used to and 790 just suddenly is so different.

Do you guys feel the same way about it? Was this always the case and I just never noticed how shock jock they have become?

joeson332 likes this.
  20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

feels planned though...