1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Brunson

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by BigggReddd, Dec 27, 2017.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Jalen Brunson is projected to go early to mid second round, and I have a strong feeling Morey will try to pick up a young guard with some potential to work in MDA's system.

Offensively, I think that player to take a shot at is Brunson. He's averaging 18PPG, 5.0APG, 3.5RPG, 1.0SPG, 1.3TOV and shooting 53% from 3 on 4 attempts per game, 61% overall, and he plays roughly 30MPG.

Anybody think this kid is up on Morey's draft board?

Also, can anyone fill us in how he is on the defensive end? All the times I've watched him play, I've never focused on his defense. Oopz.

ball king23 likes this.
  2. Normalus

Normalus Member

He does look more like 6'0''. Not a liability on the defensive end tho, at least in NCAA.

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

RICK BRUNSON ex rockets player son?

4. basketballholic

Jay Wright is an excellent defensive coach, even more specifically a great perimeter defensive coach.

I haven't studied Brunson defensively but I can guarantee you he's at least defensively sound and he'll get up into his opponent and hassle him. Just because he's coached by Jay Wright.

I'll be very surprised if Brunson lasts until the second round. But if he does, and we're still looking for a third playmaker, backup point guard answer, then I'd be all in. It's obvious his bball iq is off the charts. He always keeps his head up, scanning the whole floor, great vision, sees everything, and he consistently makes great plays. Would definitely like him with a second. Doubt he'll be there.

BigggReddd likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

That's what I love about Brunson. The kid has great composure.

basketballholic likes this.
  6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

7. ball king23

ball king23 Member

Jalen Brunson good pick would be my pick defensive minded and a good ball handler for a good backup pg hardworking player

BigggReddd likes this.