1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This 4-Game Losing Streak is the Best Thing For Us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xaos, Dec 28, 2017.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you didn't think we were going to win every game......

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

why would he go there after we win the title ?

lionaire likes this.
  3. markelliott1997

This is like walking up to someone who literally just got dumped and saying "No, trust me, this is really good for you".Maybe that's true, but it still hurts pretty freaking bad right now.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  4. rockets13champs

we are 1.5 games ahead of the spurs. We must fix this quick. Or else it can get ugly quick. 1 seed is out of question now. This 2 game lead for warriors is a huge cushion. We must maintain the 2 seed.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . .. . I would be more panicked but
    the Refs literally cost us 2 of the last 4 games

They were not helpful in the others . . . . but in 2 they f*cked us for sure

Rocket River

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i just don't see how any longtime basketball player/fan can watch the nba and conclude that it's legitimate. week after week the same promoted/featured teams just happen to get favorable officiating while their threats get F*CKED with inexplicable calls. starting to believe these games mean nothing, it really is only about the bucks

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

Just believe it and don't spend a dime on the league. I stopped doing that since 2015.

8. Rockets4Life13

It’s almost comical with the vegas lines most of the time. They sometimes give out ridiculous spreads where u are like „wow i HAVE to take that“ and you’ll end up losing all the time. Also, miraculously, whenever over 70% of the money is on one team, the other team wins.

It’s all about the $

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this deadication go out to adam "i'll do just about anything for 2 bits of" silver

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The only thing better than a 4-game losing streak would be a 5-game losing streak.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5-game losing streak would be awesome!

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why is #3 or #4 seed any worse? Still gotta get past warriors and still don’t have a good home crowd

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Imagine we lose as many games as we’ve won! We could then make a thread saying we’re sitting at .500

Gorki and hakeem94 like this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Road Ryno makes us a different team and #4 gets you the warios too early. #2 or #3 are not that different except the strength of the #6 or #7 1st round opponent.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  15. pippsux

pippsux Member

I choose to look at it as half empty half full. In 18 games they are 14-4, not 9-9 or 4-14...

.....and they are still unbeaten with cp3 in a full game ( didnt finish lakers game)

......and still top of their division

......they are who we thought they were ( jack up 3's and pick n roll) would u rather the jvg slow to a grind days.....play defence but not a lick of offense.???

This team had its franchise player targeted by refs all season not getting the calls he used to and is still leading the league in scoring and his team has 25 wins. He doesnt sit out games, plays hurt and notoriously pouts.....that makes him human and flawed and so is this team. ...., he plays every game so every thing he does is over analyzed.

Remember, this is the dude that realised the Kardashian curse was real or at the very least a distraction, and walked away. Ask TT, griffin, odom how they are doing

MDA has been coasting while Harden and cp3 went on a tear. He got lazy. He needs to coach this team.The 4 game skid is on him too.

Morey, needs to stop thumping his chest and yapping about obsessions concerning the warriors....if im on another team and i read the gm is looking past us, thats bulletin board material. He needs to stop talking and pick up pieces to contend.

#35 pippsux, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

i totally agree, but looking at it from another way , i dont want anymore 20 point leads to be determined by refs at the end, we cant let that happen!
    As a big picture outlook, this isnt the "best thing" for us whatsoever...winning with cp3 and capela out at boston wouldve been the best thing for us.

Still though other then maybe playoff seeding this wont affect the team come june, but you would hope harden and mda learn from it.
    Harden is our best ft shooter but we dont have to force feed him...EG and ryno both shoot 80%+ from the stripe....oh and dont let ariza inbounds please for the love of god

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Rockets are missing 3 key players out of their rotations - CP3, Capela, and Luke - i'm disappointed that the team hasn't played better, but any team that would be without 2 of their 5 starters and 3 of their key rotational guys would struggle.

19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

20. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

so we were maybe overvalued there for a bit,

but after the way we've played lately, i'm pretty sure we're going to be undervalued again!!!
    good news, right?