1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Ref Complaint thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Biggest complaint is no calls more than blatant calls.

1. hacks
    2. DEFENSIVE THREE SECONDS
    this one kills me because driving lanes are closed because Adams, Basil and Draymond simple play a zone....in the middle ......we isolate and it allows the other team to cheat.

I am a homer but the Rockets seems to get the worse calls at home and away.

esp non calls

Rocket River

adw and DonKnock like this.
  2. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

The NERVE of James Harden to rip the very officials who made him a star

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Refs Suck, Media sucks harder & #therealLaVarBall sucketh the most hardest

Crashlanded19 and adw like this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The refs suck when you have to depend on them.

thirdengine likes this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I would like to complain about them but we know the refs. They are a bunch of sellouts and we know it for a fact.
    Maybe not all of them but most are and as long as there is one in the game they will impact the game. We know what happened like kings vs Lakers a couple years back. And that hasn’t been the last.

You also see that at a certain game they stop calling obvious fouls or calls to favor the team that they want to win. In basketball the refs influence a game a ton. Even one call or no call can turn the game around, specially last minutes.

Even with that said we have won games that the refs have call nothing on us. And they won’t help us. The team has to play better and be more focus. I think the win streak got in their heads specially Harden. And he has been complaining a lot. My guess is he is complaining to Ryan a lot too and we know Ryan if he isn’t happy he isn’t shooting well or not shooting at all.

Hopefully this wakes the team up. They got a great team but without chemistry and help from everyone we won’t go far, and it all starts with Harden.
    They gotta go back at playing ball and playing defense. And stop caring if the refs are calling fouls or not.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

wow, that celtic game was nothing that makes me want to post in this thread.
    i mean, wow. love how they... i can't... wha. ugh. c'mon. something.

ipaman likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's time to accept that the league has issued a mandate against James Harden. He's not going to be officiated the same anymore. He is going to be held to a different standard than others, and there will be many nights that he is unfairly officiated.

No reason to complain at this point because it's obvious that nothing will change.

Ideally...Morey/D'Antoni would publicly complain. Take a fine, but let it known that there's something going on. Harden tried to do that last week but clearly that didn't matter.

"The Harden Rule" has ruined James Harden's reputation among officials. It's not even about the 3 point drawing. It's simply a matter of dictating Harden doesn't get calls like others.

#8 J Sizzle, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This loss is on Tony Brothers

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This **** is getting ridiculous

Rocket River

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Stupid League has their rules get exploited by genius player. Pissed League says we'll show you. From a sporting perspective, that's super facked up because Harden didn't create the rules he broke, he doesn't have a whistle to call fouls, he didn't change the rules to destroy his game, and a League should never target it's own product. This (X-Mas day too!) type of **** will convince me somethings up so I'll watch less because I'll know it 'aint fully legit. I could be wrong but I, and many others, can easily convince myself it's true with stuff like this.

Ratings are up, recent highs in fact, and it's because of the product (young amazing players) not the refs. But the refs are way too much part of the NBA story and they about to fack it up.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's disgraceful

DonKnock likes this.
  14. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

larry bird never gets that call against him in the garden.
    or both of those calls,
    in the final seconds
    of a close game
    on ridiculous flops
    larry bird
    larry
    james harden is my larry bird and i want the refs to treat him like one!

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The NBA's Last Two Minute Report states that both of James Harden's offensive fouls drawn by Boston's Marcus Smart in the final 7.3 seconds of the Celtics' comeback win were correct calls. However, the report also states that Boston's Al Horford should have been called for traveling before his game-winning shot.

[​IMG]Tim MacMahon, ESPN Staff Write

17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Actually, upon further review, NBA cited five missed traveling calls and a lane violation on the Celtics, all in the final minute.

Per Feigen

DonKnock likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"[2017] Ref Complaint thread"

so, does the thread title mean we are locking this thread after Sunday's game?

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

MEDIA CONSPIRACY... ESPN headline only covers the fouls by Harden.

NBA affirms refs' late foul calls on James Harden in Rockets' loss

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@LaVar Ball @smitheygerard