1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Houston_Rockets

People, Clint Capela is getting a maxed contract (his max, not max max) offer whether you like it or not. It's not about who's better, it's about what centers can you have when (if) you sign LBJ or PG13 this off-season.

People can continue to post about how good Clint is, and how much he has improved to get likes, because it is cool to defend the guy you have seen grow as player on your team but reality is still out there. If you don't believe that a bottom feeder, is not offering a max contract to a 23 year old, not injury prone RFA (incredibly important because salary is inflated because that is the only way teams will not match) Center that has developed every year he has been in the league and has the numbers he has this year, I have a bridge to sell you.

Regardless I'm 100% sure Morey is talking every day with Cp3 and Harden about the next off-season/this year trade deadline and how crucial it will be for the next 4/5 years, so decisions will be made surrounding what, specially Cp3, knows about banana boat probability.

Kind of off topic: You have to appreciate the love Dj has for Houston, I know decisions by the Rockets should not be based on players loving to play for the city, but can't help but want this to work out in a way where he has a chance to play for his favourite hometown team.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I view this news as a very good thing

DJ is 1 of the better bigs we can have in this system...if he’s our plan B, then that’s a good plan B

if Clint is offered up in an opt in and trade for Lebron, then sure, come on home DJ

bilaal14 and s3ts like this.
  3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it goes up to 300% next offseason doesn't it? I'm pretty sure that's one of the changes

4. Aleron

You should replace "bottom feeder" with "Mark Cuban", because we all know that's what you mean ;)

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Correction, he has the best PG in the NBA plus the MVP feeding him throughout the game.

riko and s3ts like this.
  6. Aleron

sign and trades of rfa's like that aren't really plausible, you need to send the rfa to the team he wants to go to or he has no reason to agree.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dre needs to know that Clint is the starter here. He will have to sign after a buyout for the veteran minimum, and accept his role as a valuable backup. Nene ain't going no where too. If he can't accept that, then forget it.

8. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

I just flew in from LA. Daryl Morey was on my flight... we spoke for about 20 minutes from the plane to baggage claim. He is the most genuine guy you’d ever want to meet. Really great guy. By far my favorite person involved in sports... athlete or executive... I have long suspected Cyberx is DM... but it makes more and more sense as this comes out as he’s leaving LA. If this is the case... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not substitute Jordan for Capella... DJ is a freak athlete but Capella’s basketball IQ and intangibles far outweigh anything Jordan brings to the table.

cdrive, bilaal14 and s3ts like this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@cyberx any news on Paul George????

10. riko

riko Member

If we get Lebron then we probably be hard pressed to bring Clint back so a cheap Jordan makes sense .

Paul
    Harden
    Lebron
    Ryno
    Jordan

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What all did you guys talk about? Feed us big dog

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I doubt the Rockets would be willing to trade the assets necessary to obtain DeAndre Jordan, and I doubt even further that the Rockets will open up enough cap room to sign Jordan while also re-signing Chris Paul (let alone Trevor Ariza or Mbah a Moute). Meanwhile, even though Capela might break the bank this summer, his Bird rights will allow the Rockets to keep this team intact while still re-signing Clint.

Until I get some more concrete monetary figures, I'm going to chalk this up as "wishful thinking" on the part of DeAndre Jordan and his agent.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah of course, and i actually don't see Capela agree to be traded to Cleveland, but like i said just a thing to consider cause if that's something we want to be able to do (a sign & trade for Lebron), there might not be another way cause i don't think the Cavs would have any interest in Anderson alone or with a future 1st and/or other fillers.

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No thanks, he should go to the Spurs. I like my boy Capela better.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t make sense. Capela’s birdrights are the deal breaker, and DeAndre isn’t turning down 200 million.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Jordan is the better player. Would only do it if we were sending Clint to the clippers in a sign and trade. Jordan isn’t going to take a massive massive cut to come.

I could be wrong tho.

17. riko

riko Member

He has the best pick and roll passers in the NBA spoo feedings him left and right

saleem likes this.
  18. rockets13champs

I love u cyberx

19. rockets13champs

When was the last time a born Houstonian played for rockets? Clyde Drexler??

And Clint>Deandre just saying

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Good 2nd option, but I would pay Clint to keep him here