1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/11/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2017.

1. j@amc

j@amc Member

Agreed. I don't love giving up 57 uncontested looks. 40 a game is more what we've been used to this year.
    I'm glad CP3 didn't want to lose. He challenged everyone, and it was nice to see Harden feed off that energy.
    Not sure the Pelicans' offense could be any better, but they were were clearly missing Davis on D.
    As much as I like Cousins, he was showing clear conditioning problems. That really surprised me.

Bring on Gasol and Aldridge. I'm excited to see how MDA will attack the Spurs big lineup.

Deuce and jeffvangundy like this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

As much as i love AD, they would’ve been blown out with him... their offense works completely different then yesterday when AD is playing. Moore and Holiday would’ve likely not gotten into that kind of rhythm with AD/Boogie sharing the shots

jeffvangundy, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Looks like everyone wants to hit us with their best shot now. What a thrilling comeback win last night.

Man I just love our fan base. When we were down and the Pelicans continued their sizzling hot shooting in the 3rd, jokers were throwing in the towel. But Mr. CP3 caught fire. Then Harden brought home the Buffalo meat. We're talking about some clutch shooting and stingy defense in the 4th.
    Now my MVP of this game goes to Clint Capela. This youngster put on his big boy pants last night. Im telling yall the block party on Downtown Main st was off the chainzzz. Man Capela didn't not wither to Cousin bullying but made him scream out like a little chump every time someone touched him.
    EG the sharpshooter jumper finally showed back up. Both him and Capela kept us in the game long enough for our Superstars to take over.

Another great comeback win.

#1163 Htownballer38, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This. Their ball movement and player movement without AD is great.

SIL

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

This was an amazing win. To come back to wins this game... man. Pelicans shooting was unreal.

6. simon_!

simon_! Member

we are the rockets, resistance is futile even if you are red hot and playing your game of the life.

Remlap, FANfrom86toNow and D-rock like this.
  7. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

that was unreal performance from both teams. Surrealistic experience.

D-rock, hakeem94 and joeson332 like this.
  8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dang that joker has you on his block list too. Wow talk about a very sensitive person who hates to be called out on his dreadfully wrong hot takes. Lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man stop worrying about what those clowns think. Once you do that, oh life will be that much sweeter. #trust

joeson332 likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Letting opponents Shooting 75% for the first 3 qtrs is going to catch up with us.

And we let them. There was little physically. We let them get to their spots without harassing them. Rarely did we contest by jumping and trying to block but instead contested by putting a hand in their face which doesn't bother many NBA player. And we didn't run anyone off the line. We basically dared them to shoot threes until the fourth quarter

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We won and that's all that matters.

Yeah babbyyy

BoneYardDog likes this.
  12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Two games dude. Two freaking games out of 25. Let's not throw up the panic flag just yet. Mind you we are still top 5 defensively.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Panic flag? Since when is criticising defensive effort hitting the panic flag? Let's not be dramatic here

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There's no doubt that Aziza, Luc and Tucker are very good defenders, but I'm wondering if Troy Williams can be used as an emergency defender at the 2 spot as well. I would appreciate any input about him.

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  15. Rockets4Life13

S/O to the fans last night at TC. Easily the most hyped crowd so far this year

Reeko and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No team in this day in age will sustain that type of defensive effort you expect in ever game. Some teams will get hot just the Pelicans and Trailblazers did. But let's not act like we have been getting torched. Our defense has been great. Top 5 great at that.

But hey I get it, we fans needs something to grip, complain, or as you put it criticise. It is our human nature

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you even watch the game. the pelicans were hitting tough shots and practically everything. if they truly shot like that on a nightly basis, they wouldn't be a .500 or below team. that was just fluke shooting and it caught up to them in the 4th quarter. it happens sometimes, and the rockets still found a way to win. that's what the best teams do.

the reasons people try to find a way to complain is horrible around here especially while not looking at the actual contexts

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

DonKnock likes this.
  19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

The crowd seemed more lit last night

20. Rocketeer4Life

Anyways, I don't give a **** what you think. You seem to want to be the clutchfans police. Only a fool like you would want to take the role. Good luck with your job ;)