1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"They call her Pocahontas"-President of the United States

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Nov 27, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except to claim that the Navajo tribe has someone representing them and then throws out the name Pocahontas, which is his way of making a stereotype, he is making fun of Native Americans. That isn't the intended target, but that is exactly what he was doing.

He did it because he is so stupid that because he didn't know what to say while standing in front of a Native American tribe, the only thing that popped into his mind was his Pocahontas crap that he's used before. The fact that he is so completely ignorant of why that would be offensive, is in itself offensive.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No kidding!

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The constant "but what about" tactic is so boring.

Deckard likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Surprised he didn't crack an Andrew Jackson joke

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It wasn't a slur, it was "fun and effective", "witty and funny"...

Tara Setmayer Shreds Ed Martin After He Says Trump’s ‘Pocahontas’ Slur Was ‘Fun and Effective’
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/tar...trumps-pocahontas-slur-was-fun-and-effective/

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its basically all the Trump supporters have left...

CometsWin likes this.
  8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Agreed. My point was why must people like RL defend him by spouting off things other people might have done wrong.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly...it’s sad it even needs to be stated. ****ing idiot, but it’s not a surprise he came into slurp Trump c*m in this thread.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What makes you think he didn't chose the place? He did defend Jackson not too long ago and he loves to give these low-key nudges to his racist supporters.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

"She's not a real native american, therefore it wasn't racist.."

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Liberals calling this a racial slur is the reason why Trump is your president

BruceAndre and Roc Paint like this.
  14. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

It's not just liberals, it's representatives of the ethnic group itself that are calling it a racial slur.

No Worries likes this.
  15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yep, you know, sometimes, you just want to yell at people. Cathartic. I fully expect the usual suspects like BigTexxx, etc. to be deeply offended at my language. Cool with me. I'd say it exactly the same as I did. I've spent a lot of time in Fort Sumner, NM, Shiprock, AZ, and Gallup, NM doing research and interacting with Native Americans. It's been a terrific experience. And it's really sad that the assclown we have as a President would put those individuals in an awkward position b/c of his infantility.

And LOL at Commodore trying to turn this into a "But.... Warren...."- seriously? Like that's the real problem here vs. a President who is such a social fetus that he doesn't even understand what he did is wrong.

This is the equivalent of honoring African-Americans for their involvement in the Civil Rights movement and saying, "You guys did a great thing for your country... I like you guys.. well, except for this one senator, we call her Harriet Tubman... but I do like you."

16. Buck Turgidson

I would blame it more on rednecks, r****ds and russians, but whatever. Hell, I know you fit 2 of those categories.

wouldabeen23 and krnxsnoopy like this.
  17. dandorotik

The reason why he's our President is that enough __________ like you enjoy the bullying and the misogyny and the stupidity. You embrace despicable behavior in the name of getting an agenda passed.

18. dandorotik

Absolutely.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Warren lied about her heritage to advance her career and the president made fun of her for it. why should i care?

20. Nook

Nook Member

The people that hired her explicitly stated several times publicly that it was never considered or discussed and her heritage was never brought up. They stated that it was not a factor in her getting the job.

No Worries likes this.