1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we have been really dominant but..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree with this

Rocket River

s3ts likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1st in the west 14-4
    1st overall in pt differential +9.8

DonKnock likes this.
  3. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I don't know why everyone is so sensitive. I'm not complaining. Just stating an observation. I'm not a Harden hater. I'm just saying against great teams, it's what we need from Harden. We're blowing out crap teams we don't even need cp3 for. Of course the stats are great. If we're beating the warriors, celtics, and spurs by 40 I'll shut up and celebrate with everyone, but this is against the nuggets and knicks (without porzingis). Stop pegging me to be a hater when I'm for the team's end-goal success (playoffs), where Harden is going to need to be able to sustain stellar play against the exhausting defenses that don't just let him get in a rhythm nearly as easily. I believe he can do it (and think off-ball play will actually HELP him do it) and offered my opinion because this is a fan site and you're encouraged to talk about the substance of the game rather than just defending against supposed trolls.

#183 HewbieTrippin, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    riko likes this.
  4. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Those are great numbers and credit to Harden for being great regardless, but the point I'm making is that we're playing against very subpar teams in this small sample size. I'm not doubting the two's ability to play together, I'm just stating a concern when we play against better teams that will force us to be able to play with both of them going at their highest capabilities. Watching the Knicks' game today, it looks like Harden is doing more off-ball stuff and I hope it continues and gets even more dynamic. Once it becomes a regular part of his game, we're going to be at another level.

riko likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Yep the real test will come in december and january when we play the Warriors and the likes of the Wolves.

DonKnock and HewbieTrippin like this.
  6. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Yeah, also wanna see how we do against the Spurs (even without Kawhi, their defense is a good test), Thunder, & Celtics.

7. riko

riko Member

Not afraid of the Thunder or the Spurs without Leonard. The Thunder are a team that if you slow them or get the game away from them early will get frustrated and will start making bad decisions with the ball. A team like us that can blow any team out will frustrate them. They also are a horrible and i mean horrible team in end game situations and we have two players who are great finishers.

8. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

Paul had 5 assists to Harden this game

4 catch-and-shoot 3s
    1 alley oop layup to a cutting Harden

This game is the best I've seen in terms of these two playing off of each other. They're figuring things out yet destroying teams while doing it. If Harden can keep nailing these 3s off of Paul's passes, the offense is going to be unreal.

9. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Yeah, I agree. I believe we should be able to beat them for sure. But it's still a confidence boost if we do so because most of our competition (besides the Grizzlies at times) has been pretty easy. Oh and that first game of the season haha. But I agree with you on the Thunder. I just hope they never figure it out ...

10. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Yeah, I definitely noticed Harden coming more off screens for 3s. It seemed simple, efficient, and just the right basketball play. It was good to see and I'm hopeful to see more in transition/semi-transition where I think Paul can find Harden for even more open 3s. I also was glad he got that cut as I think they will be there a lot in the future due cp3's ability to probe and not lose the ball.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Some people has to find something to complain about. If they didn't, this world wouldn't be civilized.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

LOL we beat the defending champion warriors first game of the season at their home court during their trophy night

a team with basically 5 superstars
    2 top 5, 1 top 10, 1 top 20, 1 top 50 player

with only a top 5 player outscoring and ourproducing everyone in the game including those 5 superstars in the game
    and half of a top 10 player

and you can't even celebrate that with everyone?

you must be trippin!

lighten up! stop digging for trivial and insignificant negatives

the fact that 1st seed in the west and 2nd overall in pt differential with only 1 superstar playing MVP calibre ball for 15 out of 19 games is amazing

or are you saying wins against weak teams or teams without their superstar doesn't count

so the more you should celebrate because those 4 losses without our 25M superstar doesn't count either

13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I'm not sure why you're so scared to acknowledge reality. If it's "negative" to you that we're playing crap teams, then so be it. Most Rockets fan can acknowledge that our schedule hasn't been that hard and that isn't taking a dig at Harden. In fact, I DID celebrate for us winning the first game against the warriors and was freakin' surprised we pulled it off. But making a big deal about stats against the nuggets doesn't have much relevance to our play against truly good teams. Why is it such a bad thing to want more for our team (and our best player) so that we can all celebrate a potential championship? I think you're being overly sensitive. I'm not even taking a shot at Harden, merely mentioning my opinion on what I hope (and do currently see) him doing, which is off-ball options on offense.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Reality says you'r being a Debbie downer. Dude we have won against some very stout teams, Warriors, Cavaliers, 76ers (big surprise) Grizzlies twice( we started their downfall) Nuggets, Knicks ( I don't care they were two key players) and Pacers.

Do we have room for improvements, heck yeah. But as of right now, they are playing some very inspiring and exciting basketball. Harden is playing like the best in the business. We are getting better defensively. We are not turning the ball over like year's past. Capela all around game has improved tremendously. The man has had quite a few double doubles.

15. vlaurelio

I'm confused now.

"If we're beating the warriors by 40 I'll shut up and celebrate with everyone"

the team you expect who can't beat the warriors just beat them and is now 1st seed in the west over the warriors

so the team pretty much surpassed your expectations amiright?

it's just CP3's 5th or 6th game. We've seen Harden play elite off-ball SG in OKC, we've Harden play elite offball SG in limited plays with CP3.

But most of the time even with CP3 in the court Harden will be MVP Harden. Not off-ball Reddick. Running around off-ball is for people who can't create their own shot. Morey and MDAs system is more 3's and layups, spacing, shooters staying in their spots not running around for a midrange at the elbow.

And not sure how Harden playing like Reddick l can help the rockets beat GSW by 40. How do you even do that? How much can harden score by playing like Reddick?

I trust MDA, CP3, and Harden at which points in the game Harden will run around off-ball like Reddick. Not some debbie downer who expects the MVP to be a combination of Lebron and Reddick.

The main selling of the Rocket was CP3 was gonna play with an elite playmaker like himself. Not play with a richman's JJ Reddick.

so you' don't think the 11-8 6th in the west Nuggets with its wins over multiple .500 teams Memphis (beat us twice), Toronto (beat us), NOP, MIA, OKC is a good team?

you trippin again?

let me summarize

win over GSW during thier trophy night on the road - not enough unless its a 40 pt blowout
    30 point win over the Nuggets - Nuggets ain't even a good team. We should have beat them by 60.

Will you still be this unsatisfied if you were a GSW fan?

#195 vlaurelio, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good post. However I'd argue a win is a win is a win. As long as the Rockets win, I don't care about anything else.

They could win 75 games all by 1 point each...and I'd be just fine with that.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What would I do if we were perfect,
    where would I go for disappointment.
    Love without pain would leave me wonderin' why i stayed.

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Curry had already taken a back seat to Draymond passing and handling the ball before KD got there.

Drogba likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You keep hammering home this turnover point so let's analyze turnovers.

All turnovers are not created equally.

Harden may average most turnovers, but he has a high percentage of dead ball turnovers. Why does this matter? If the turnover is dead ball then the defense at least has the time to reset.

https://public.tableau.com/views/Tu...t1?:embed=y&:loadOrderID=0&:display_count=yes

Who are the worst at live ball turnovers?

Ironically, 2 players that Harden played with.
    1) Lin
    2) Westbrook