1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving is an idiot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Nov 1, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uhhh, newsflash he went to another stacked team. He basically followed Horford, Hayward and Brown to Boston wtf.

I can totally understand and respect Irving from wanting to move away from Lebron and step into the spotlight but he just changed teams from one superstar laden team to another superstar laden team. Why is everyone glorifying his move when Celtics were Eastern Finals contenders without him and they just added another superstar in Hayward? What Irving did is exactly like what Durant did, its jist that the Cavs beat the Celts instead of tge other way around.

RiceRockets and Codman like this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

Not really? Did Kyrie join a 73-9 team? Did he join a former MVP?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really? But he still went to a powerhouse team that didn't need him? Celtics straight up upgraded their roster similar to how GSW upgraded theirs when they added Durant. We're talking about the East, in the East the Celts are dominant just look at their record now. They even won all their games without Irving he is the icing on their cake similar to Durant in GSW. Even crazier is they lost Hayward to injury if he was healthy this season Celts might up a 73-9 record.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

followed. not really. everyone isn't glorifying anything. more people than not dislike kyrie around here. like i said previously people were rooting for him to fail from the beginning. thinking that ohhh clev sucked when lebron went to the bench,a 20 yr old irving by himself was terrible in clev. when hayward went down, it even looked worse for him and the team. im glad hes proving doubters wrong. horford is no superstar. hayward is the closest thing to an actual all star in this league and well hes down for the year.

Codman likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Brad Stevens is a great coach. Even if Kyrie plays bad they win.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure hes a good coach. i never discredited that but still doesnt mean kyrie isn't a big reason why they're winning.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

That 18-0 run against GSW, was when Kyrie was on the bench right?

SIL

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

If everyone isn't glorifying anything how come everyone talks about Irving shaping his own destiny? How come some analysts said their MVP is Irving?

If Horford isn't a superstar then are you saying Irving isn't a superstar? Bevause its pretty clear Horford has been more instrumental to Celtics' streak than Irving. Horford gives them 14 pts 8.8 rebs on a mind numbing 65% TS while anchoring their defense. Irving has 22 pts and 5 assists but on only 58% TS. Even Brown and Tatum have comparable production to Irving, if they played as much mins and took as many attempts they would score around the same amount of pts.

Look at your own post. You said nobody is glorifying Irving but then proceeded to glorify him by throwing shade on every other player on the Celtics wtf.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Sports talk out here on the West coast radio right now,

"If Kyrie isn't your MVP, then you must not watch basketball."

"This campaign is similar to Iverson in 2001, it's his to lose. Team was structured to fit his offensive strength."

SIL

roslolian likes this.
  10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

To borrow from lavar ball, yo just stay in your lane Kyrie. Leave it to the scientists to determine if the world or earth is flat or not.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yet he's still averaging less this year than last..

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats great. doesn't disprove anything i said

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

im not glorifying him. idc about whatever media outlet or outside youre referring to. this board for the most part has rooted or anticipated kyrie to not do well. i appreciate guys who impact winning as opposed to these fake superstars people like to throw around that may have some good numbers, that continue to lose on their own teams. theres a difference between glorifying and appreciating the game objectively. people just love it when teams suck and apparently, its not the players fault. its everything around them. teammates suck, coach sucks, FO sucks. when teams are doing well, oh its the coach and not the players who get credit. ill never agree with that. when you have positive impact players it effects everything on the team and they absolutely deserve credit. they have a huge effect on shaping team culture and whether or not guys want to play with you and get their amount of production needed to win. just bc you dont agree, thats just on you.

since the kyrie haters like numbers. Games this season in the last 5 mins and score is within 5 pts. Kyrie is 24-39fg. 65 pts 10asst. 0 tos. but yeah he doesnt get credit. its the just the coach. its also more horford. oh wait its brown and tatum. if someones a kyrie hater, nothing is going to change that. the year will play out and speak for itself

#73 YOLO, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  14. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

I think what you're overlooking is (and it's a monumental oversight), hands down, the MVP of the '16 Celtics was Isiah Thomas and Irving joined a version of the Celtics without IT2. And, unbeknownst to him, he joined a team without Gordon Hayward.

The Durant comp doesn't really jive b/c of a few critical differences:

1 - Irving's team beat the team he joined - Durant's didn't
    2 - Irving joined a version of the team he beat without their best player (IT2 addressed above) - Durant didn't
    3 - The team Irving joined ex-Hayward (and ex-IT2) couldn't sniff the 2016 ECF - Durant joined a championship pedigreed team with consecutive finals appearances and the best record in NBA history
    4 - The team Durant joined retained their top 4 players (arguably top 5 or 6) - Curry, Thomson, Green, Iggy - Irving joined a team which lost 2 of its top 4 players (IT2, Crowder)

Some of those are marginal or tangential to others but the bottom-line is the '17,16-2, Celtics ex-Irving are a shell of the '16 ECF Celtics. The '16 Warriors ex-Durant had just put up the best regular season record in NBA history and were leading 3-1 in the Finals looking to repeat and lost in a nail-biting game 7.

Koperboy and Easy like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are building a strawman argument here, no one isn't giving Irving credit. What is happening is you are giving him too mich credit, like Irving is hard carrying the Celtics every game.

Last 5 mins? So what? A game is 4 quarters long wtf. Does he get paid to play the last 5 mins or the entire game? Based on the stats Irving is shooting below 50% fg and his teammates like Tatum and Brown shoot at a similar or even better % than him. Irving isn't doing a harden, he isn't even the most productive player on his team.

Are you honestly gonna say Irving has done more for the Celtics than Horford???

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

false. theres plenty of people not giving KI credit. it is what it is. i fail to see where im giving him too much credit. nothing ive said isn't true. of course the kyrie haters will say otherwise. its not a surprise. i can only laugh at the stuff people are just saying to overlook KI. while you have people praising all these other fake "superstars"

#76 YOLO, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I would love to have some sort of data related to intelligence tests among players in the NBA. In my mind, I believe I know which players would score highest, but in terms of intellectual deficiencies, I'm not confident who would score in the lower range.

I've heard plenty of rumors about your franchise "smarties," but I've also heard allegations that Reggie Evans didn't understand that Canada wasn't a city. (Seriously)

Kyrie's geography stuff is just funny...But, there are probably countless discussions that would anger our wallets for paying guys who have the phonemic awareness of a ferret.

Gilbert Arenas is "sneaky smart," as is good ol' Shane Battier. Our very own Chris Paul is considered to be quite the intellectual, too. I'm not sure if JaVale is in the same realm yet....;)

roslolian, malakas and BigMaloe like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't Drew Gooden think Memphis was a state?

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Dude, they're playing unreal basketball and have won 15 straight and the second best player is Al Horford. Horford is good, but he's not in All-Star in the West, and apart from him they're really leaning on young players. Brown and Tatum have been great, but look at some of the players getting minutes off the bench, pretty ridiculous.

What I'm saying is Kyrie is doing a Harden-esque job of carrying his team, something I didn't think he was capable of. I thought he was a dumbass for wanting to leave Lebron, but maybe he did just need his own team to fully realize his potential.

20. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Not sure if this thread is about his intellect or his basketball skills