1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rockets lack one thing to compete with the warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, Nov 9, 2017.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Gentlemen,gentlemen! We already have the formula to defeat the GSW! It's simple. All we have to do is have a "ring ceremony" for them before each game we play them.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sam Dekker was it. Now he's gone.

Doomed.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think you mean Rudy Gay level.
    :D

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

We need to go sign Carlos Delfino. Rumor KD still haven't recovered from that monster dunk.

[​IMG]

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

You can't be serious. Wow.

6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

that's why i used the idiot font :p

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

what?

8. sig006

sig006 New Member

My 3rd message on this amazing forum just to say ...

WHAAAAAAAAT??

DonKnock, Os Trigonum and napalm06 like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Who is MKG?

The Stig likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This dunk was the moment KD realized he needed to hide behind the Warriors.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's great to see someone on this forum make better threads than myself

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We do lack one thing.

And that's LeBron.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Is member "what" Michael Kidd-Gilchrist?? Only MKG would start a thread like this lolol. I still want Wilson Chandler on this team though.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The grizz lack one thing to compete with the Warriors. A winning record.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nicely done

17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Yoooooo, please pass me whatever you are smoking so I can get through these up coming finals!!

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

1. This is coming from a poster who has so desperately wanted his/her team to beat the Rockets each season that he/she is blinded by an arrogance that stems from a faulty belief system. You may be an "expert fan" for the Grizz, but based on this post, your understanding of the Rockets and their vision is about as solid as Stromile Swift's jumper.

2. MKG is not a "stopper" in any sense of the word. In fact, around the league, including by his peers, he's considered significantly overrated. Sure, he was a high draft pick, but what has he done to impact his team to the point of making a large-scale trade for his services? The fact that you mention MKG, while talented, is beyond ridiculous. I can give you 10-15 more options that make more sense for the Rockets, not just to focus on KD, but for the future. You seem to believe that the Rockets are ONLY playing to beat the Warriors. In fact, the Rockets are playing to win and beat everyone. The Warriors do not live and die by KD, yet, you seem to imply that MKG would allow us to ignore Steph, Dray, Iggy, etc....

3.We don't OVERVALUE Eric Gordon at all. The reigning 6th man of the year much more talented and versatile than what you "wrote" above. You don't consider his value on defense or the hustle plays that go unnoticed. You also fail to notice how strong he is when it comes to defending stronger guys in the post. And, above all, you've failed to realize that a shooter with infinite range, the ability to drive and finish and take the tough shots is much more difficult to find than a one-freakin' MKG.

4. Trevor doesn't get the respect that he deserves. He is one of the last of the remaining "elite stoppers." Has he lost a few steps? Sure, but with his length, he is easily our best go-to defender. He forces guys like LeBron to shoot fadeaways. But, and a big BUT (ha), he makes every opponent's shot more difficult. If it goes in, fine, but Trevor has mastered the art of making each shot require more variance. He forces guys left, right and deacclerates his movement to force their vertical into an awkward motion.

Why do you think Kobe trusted him so much in final moments? In Washington, why was he always on the floor against the best player? It's because he is exceptional at making shots difficult, and when or if those shots drop, they're relatively lucky. There are times Trevor plays defense as best as you can on someone, and the shot still goes in (Same as Shane Battier). The fact that the shot goes in doesn't make his attempt weak, it just makes the shot superior.

*I could go all day about Dray being an "Elite Stopper," but he's only considered that because of his supporting cast. Put him on, say, Orlando, and his defense becomes a liability. His jumper becomes common, and he's no longer the Shi* in the bay.

5. NO ONE claims Capella is good enough for the long term. He's young, he is learning. Is he doing a pretty damn good job? Hell yes, and I have been his greatest critic since day one. He has been uber-efficient and as you should know, he has the highest fg pct. in the league. Clint does what is asked of his role very, very well. Is he a championship-caliber center on offense and defense? No. But, we also have an experienced NeNe who makes up on offense what Clint lacks. As for Tucker, please look beyond scoring. See: rebounding, pressure, crisp passing, leadership and hitting big shots. He is one of the toughest guys in the league and he's still getting into shape from his injury.

You probably forgot who D Morey is, but understand that 15 games into the season isn't his end game. He's looking for the next big change to separate the men (the Rockets) from the boys (the Grizz). Security in multiple positions will be here shortly, in the same way I told you Luc would be here as a security blanket to Trev/Tuck.

Normally, I wouldn't respond in this manner to such a post, but when you make ridiculous claims about our need for a KD stopper, while lacking all sense of valid evidence or an understanding of chemistry and team vision, I could not help myself.

And cheers to Chandler Parsons! That Dallas contract sure didn't stop you from stacking more cheese! Dame and CJ sure miss you in Portland!

19. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Crack kills

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

should be a sticky ;)