1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP needs to put "Liberal Icon" in the thread title

2. Anticope

Anticope Member

Anthony Weiner was forced to resign after his first go-around as Carlos Danger and couldn't even come close to getting elected mayor of New York. As usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The problem is . .. neither side will move until the other does
    If Franken resigns . .. no one thinks Trump, Moore or anyone else on the other side will
    The reality is . .. the other side will use the moment to put one of theirs in Franken's place
    and
    Vice Versa

Rocket River

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure he never said anything about assaulting anyone. When people allow you to engage in sexual contact, it's not sexual assault. That said, the fact that your entire basis for deflection was to whine about Trump......well I mean, you aren't the only person with Trump Derangement Syndrome so I can't blame you for it.

I think if credible allegations of sexual assault came out against Trump, even the Trump supporters would turn on him. To my knowledge, there haven't been any serious credible allegations. Perhaps I'm wrong, I'm neither a Trump supporter or a Trump biographer.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Marion Barry was caught on camera smoking crack and he was able to be elected mayor again after he got out of prison despite failing to win re-election while the scandal was going on, I think you overestimate Democrats thinking that Weiner couldn't make a comeback too. With them it's always been tribalism above all.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I agree with you on this. But electing someone like Moore and Trump after knowing everything about them, that is a whole different level, I fully expect Moore to be elected to senate.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

And yet, it happens so often that you had to go back almost 25 years for an example. But by all means, keep barking about the principles of Democrats while claiming that a Republican politician grabbing women by their genitals without consent isn't sexual assault. It's a great look for an objective observer such as yourself.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sure, can hi
    Smoking crack is victimless.

Sexual assault isn't. Someone's poor life choices that don't harm any one else isn't my business and shouldn't be yours either.

Also, Donald Trump has almost a similar amount of allegations placed in him even from his own ex-wives relative to Bill which I'm sure by now you've already pegged him as a a sexual assaulter. His comment about grabbing p***y and assuming they don't mind because they don't speak back IS EXACTLY the type of sexual harrasement people in power perform all the time and is the type of sexual harrasement that is being ousted on a daily basis yet you believe all those instances but the Donald...

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, as usual Bobby's points fall apart under any tiny bit of scrutiny.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

ROFL

TRUMP GOT ELECTED!
    ROY MOORE WILL PROBABLY STILL GET ELECTED!
    MARK SANFORD GOT ELECTED AGAIN!

Your post is so ridiculous. Neither side cares to the point of losing.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In terms of Senate seats, Senate Dems really has little reason to stick by Franken. Minnesota's Gov is a Democrat and will appoint a left-leaning replacement and a special election in Minnesota will also likely result in another Democrat elected. If this allegation is even a somewhat significant headache, Democratic leaders may well push Franken out.

Let's see how this plays out... Looks like there will be an investigation, and we'll see how Franken's apology is viewed in public opinion.

12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Al Franken is a pig!

I am a big fan of Leeann Tweeden. She was a Poker After Dark legend.

Astrodome likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....he was still an elected official until his death in 2014, despite yet further charges being brought against him in 2006 (and a few times after that) where he got 3 years probation and drug tests proved he was still smoking weed and crack.....that wasn't 25 years ago kiddo.

The point is that partisans of any kind have few principles and Democrats have shown to have the least principles of the partisans. Hell Ted Kennedy killed someone and he had a lifetime position in the senate.

This just isn't an argument you want to have because you've got nothing to go on.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, it is, especially when women have come out to speak about being sexually assaulted by Trump...

"You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

This is the man conservatives elected into office, not Democrats.

You tell me this doesn't sound like the sexual allegations made throughout Hollywood? That if you are a star you get to do whatever and they 'let you do it'...instead they don't.

By the way, you brought this upon yourself to look silly, instead of just talking about Franken you had to go and try to make this about Democrats. You did this to yourself Bobby and everyone sees right through it, I suggest you step away from the keyboard while you are ahead.

Well, despite the NUMEROUS stories and him bragging about it on tape, I guess none of this is credible.

You better pray that Roy Moore isn't elected, if he is, I expect for you to come here and admit you were wrong about this.

15. MexAmercnMoose

Damn, this one hurts....he should resign

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think they should interview the photographer that took the picture. May find out what happened...

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, it's a complete rush to judgment and his argument is based entirely on his feelings.

Moore could still get elected.
    Weiner is serving time and lost his position.

This Franken thing JUST happened, there has been no fallout because it has JUST happened and he's (Bobby) already condemning Democrats and lecturing them.

#57 JayGoogle, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You have zero place to speak in this thread. Zero. Nada.

19. dandorotik

What an idiot- he should resign. Doesn't matter if it was a joke- it was inappropriate and unprofessional- and yes, it was harassment, and he should go, period. Sucks b/c I agreed with him on multiple principles.

Well, looks like you may not have been "good enough and smart enough," Mr. Franken. What a shame.

20. dandorotik

Comment???

In 1994, Trump took a 13-year-old girl to a party with Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire who was a notorious registered sex offender, and raped her that night in what was a "savage sexual attack," according to a lawsuit filed in June 2016 by "Jane Doe." The account was corroborated by a witness in the suit, who claimed to have watched as the child performed various sexual acts on Trump and Epstein even after the two were advised she was a minor.

"Immediately following this rape Defendant Trump threatened me that, were I ever to reveal any of the details of Defendant Trump’s sexual and physical abuse of me, my family and I would be physically harmed if not killed," Jane Doe wrote in the lawsuit, filed in New York.

The lawsuit was dropped in November 2016, just four days before the election, with Jane Doe's attorneys citing "numerous threats" against her.

Don't miss: A Guide to Ezra Miller, the Justice League's Queer, Punk, Pot-Smoking Flash

During a court deposition, Ivana Trump—Donald's first wife and mother to Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka—accused the president of raping her in 1989. The private account was described in former Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III’s 1993 book, Lost Tycoon. It details the alleged "violent assault," in which Trump pulled out fistfuls of his ex-wife’s hair after receiving a painful operation on his scalp.

"He jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months," Hurt wrote."Ivana is terrified.… According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidants, 'he raped me.'"

Ivana walked back her allegations against Trump after his lawyers insisted she write the following statement at the beginning of her book, according to The New York Times: "During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

A former Trump business associate, Jill Harth, claimed in a 1997 lawsuit the New York real estate mogul “attempted rape” and groped her without her consent on various occasions. In the suit, Harth described a violent encounter at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, in which Trump allegedly threw her against the wall of one of his children’s bedrooms before lifting up her dress.

Most popular: A Republican 'Family Values' State Legislator Quits After Having Sex With a Man in His Office

"It was a shocking thing to have him do this, because he knew I was with George [her partner], he knew they were in the next room," she recalled in an October 2016 interview with The Guardian. "How could he be doing this when I'm there for business?"

In the pre-election interview, Harth maintained her allegations against Trump despite having withdrawn her lawsuit against him after he settled a separate suit her partner filed over a business dispute.

Trump has denied all three of these accusations. He said that Harth’s claims were "meritless" and that accusations of him raping a minor were "categorically false" and "politically motivated." Michael Cohen, his former lawyer and top aide, defended him against Ivana Trump’s claims, saying, "By the very definition, you can't rape your spouse."

The president has also been accused of sexual harassment or assault by at least 16 women.

Trump has continued his denials in office, with White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee repeatedly telling reporters every accusation against him is a flat-out lie. He’s also used a press conference in the White House Rose Garden to lambast his accusers, saying in October, "All I can say is it’s totally fake news."

He added, "It's just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff. It's disgraceful what happens, but that happens in the—that happens in the world of politics."