1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y do Rockets players keep quiet about atmosphere at TC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 7, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets players have always been very praiseworthy of the fans, even go out of their way to compliment them on their support. Now I remember some players back in the Summit who spoke up about the lack of fans, but even then it was not much. Why is that?

Toyota Center is just not as packed as it should be and fans are rarely excited to the point of giving us the advantage. The playoffs is different and even JVG attested to that. Regular season it’s just not good.

I wish someone would speak up about it. Maybe it will help, maybe not but at least you are letting the city and ownership know. Now players keep up this myth that TC has a great atmosphere with loud fans.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

"We won tonight because Eric was shooting the lights out and James made the right plays under pressure. Special thanks to the fans who kept it so quiet in here so we could really focus."

RiceRockets, Fyreball, hajkov and 4 others like this.
  3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Because in Houston, a random Rockets game on a random week night, or even the weekend for that matter, is very rarely the biggest show in town. People flat out have other things to do.

Houston fans ALWAYS show when it matters most. And that’s really all that matters.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

the atmosphere sucks and all the empty seats every game is embarrassing

Tilman might have to do something like dimming the lights in order to cover up all the empty seats, it’s such a bad look

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

So you like to complain to the same ppl giving you money?

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But the upper bowl gets Littyyyy

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Something something urbanization of Toyota Center.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Calling out fans for anything...ever, rarely ends well. Even if they deserve it.

Fullcourt and don grahamleone like this.
  10. rockets13champs

TC crowd is fine, our concern is usually crowd to start games. In the Playoffs ive noticed 8:30 starts were much better than 7:00 Starts. Houston needs to be treated much differently than other cities in terms of showing up to games on time. 8:30 starts should become a staple. If we want to see filled seats

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Houstonians recently not show up for a playoff game?

I can't remember which, but I recall seeing all the seats empty to start a playoff game and the commentator's being shocked on national television. It blew my mind.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I'm down with this. Something, ANYTHING. Let's get the red rowdies court side again. WTF are they supposed to do way out in the upper level?

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What other events are constantly bigger than Rockets games? Every city has other things happening too.

The fact Houston has had good teams for a while, makes the support/atmosphere seem even more shameful.

CapelaOnlyFan and Reeko like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

that was game 6 against SA...Mike Breen pointed out how empty the place was

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

And then we get our ass beat in our empty arena.

Embarrassing. :(

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Empty seats at a Rockets game are embarrassing to you? Why is that?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup, it was so stunning to see the place so empty when our season was on line...so embarrassing

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is this a serious question? I want the team to be supported like it should be. A team this good and with a player as good as Harden should be playing in front of a packed house and loud arena every night...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Who can afford to go to all these games? Rockets have out priced their fans. Might as well just watch on TV until it matters. 2 Lower bowl seats to a regular season game against the Cavs Thursday is 500 dollars wtf.. Not to mention another 100 on food and drinks for a family. I love the Rockets but I won't pay that for regular season.

Especially because the atmosphere in Lower Bowl is horrible. All business men taking clients out that could care less about basketball and I get told to sit down when I am cheering.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Wouldn't it be more that the Houston fans are complacent? The attitude is "big deal, they win in the regular season. Let's see them do something in the playoffs". The Astros "sold" to about 75% of capacity this season and for a majority of it, they played like the best team in baseball with a young nucleus and likable players.

waytookrzy079 likes this.