1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

After the horribleness of Sunday i'm all for them giving Kaep a runout. He can't be worse than what's out there.

And to those who would get mad at the Texans for doing so just go back in your bunker it's not that big of a deal considering the felons/wife beaters and all kinds of "bad hombres" have been around the leagues for years. If a guy kneeling hurts your p***y so much you probably need to reconsider some things in your life.

tmactoyao, Patience, BigMaloe and 9 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think this is the wrong approach. I'd rather bring in a QB that can help the team succeed. Or at least make the team entertaining. If in the process, Kaep is the horrible QB that the team will lose anyway. Or they cut him. But if he is good, or at least better than the horrible QBs they have now, then the players on the team get the chance to develop and the fans can at least have a chance to enjoy football. No one at this point is thinking SB. heck, with Watson I don't think the team was a SB team. But at least they competed. We just lost against a team without its QB at home.

If the team's plan is to outright tank with these horrible QBs, I think the ownership should refund fans tickets. The rest of the fans can decide to watch the games on TV or find other ways to spend their Sundays.

tmactoyao and roxallways like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Three things, 1) We're trying to WIN a SB not trying to entertain and not suck. See Astros. 2) When Watson went down this year is lost so really lose it. Bottom it out completely because Watson has shown he has what it takes. Save your money for later, secure highest round picks you do have as they are more valuable. Trade aging vets that have promising replacements. Brown was not enough imo, I would have also traded JJo, Blue, Cushing, etc... Another factor was Watson got hurt 1 day AFTER the deadline expired. Don't miss that opportunity this off season. 3) I don't want a character like Kap in QB meetings with the franchise Watson. Keep that poison away from the savior.

Watson has shown enough that you've got to gear up this year and next so starting Watson's 3rd year you've got key young but experienced players all over the field. The offense is already there, QB, WRs, RBs, need OL and TE help though. The defense is aging and patchwork. A few pieces have been put in place, DL, LB, but many holes to fill. Basically the window we had is closing so we should close it early so that the next window comes quicker. Trying to milk that old window will end up burning you.

Check this out, Pats 2017 team only had 23 players from their 2015 team. 30 players gone between two championship years. Why did it work? Because they have their elite franchise QB. Now it looks like we might have one too and the team should assume it does.

Keep your 15-20 key players and move out the rest for better/cheaper options. That starts now and Kap in no way figures into that 15-20 key players so don't waste your time. Focus and do it right, in two years we could be SB favorites.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Savage is hot garbage. Kaep would have done better against arguably the worst defense in the league. That's how bad Savage was.

7 points against a trash can defense.

tmactoyao, adw, Fulgore and 1 other person like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Big differences. We are not the Astros. The Astros had a smart front office and rebuilt via first round picks. And comparing us to NE is even more ridiculous.

Second, what is the Texans record of success with second and third round picks. Your plan is to rebuild with the very picks the Texans have the worst record of success with.

Third... you want to rebuild with the idea of competing in three or four years (the Astros approach)? OK, that means releasing Hopkins, Clowney, Miller... well, basically each of the Texans with the possible exception of Watson and Foreman. Meanwhile, you plummet the team back into a losing atmosphere and drive fans away.

I am all in favor of weeding out crappy players. The Texans have plenty of those. I just don't want the team to suck again at QB. At least bring the guy in and let him have a shot. We saw the boost that Watson provided... falling back into the morass of Savage/McGoin/Yates is a step in the wrong direction.

tmactoyao and roxallways like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I really don't think it would be a good idea to bring Kap in. The Texans should go ahead with Savage the rest of the season. Do their homework a try to wreck shop in the 3rd round of this upcoming draft.

Plus, This board has become somewhat divided and needs to start mending. We would never be able to do so if Kap were here. Not through any fault of his own.

7. ipaman

1) Not ridiculous if you think Watson can be our Brady. I think YES!

2) Recently pretty damn good. No joke, I was shocked myself but last few years have been really good.

3) Hop and Clowney are young enough. JJo, KJax, Miller, Cushing, Clark, Lechler, those guys need to be cut for money or swung for picks. They are too old.

4) We don't suck at QB if healthy and Watson wasn't a BOOST as you called it. He was the answer. It's the NFL, you need a franchise QB period and we finally have one. Kap isn't one as decided by several coaching staffs and FOs.

btw... the great Bill Belichick tried what you are suggesting several times with Matt Cassell and failed and then traded away JimmyG/Brisket. That just proves he knows it's Brady or bust. Same for us, Watson or bust. Since we can't have our Watson then I want to bust so we have the absolutely best pieces we can give to Watson who will do something with those pieces.

8. NewRoxFan

1. Whoa, slow the roll on Watson becoming a HOF QB who might be among the top five of all time.
    2. Um... I'd have to see this list of pretty damn good draft picks.
    3. Again, fine with getting rid of older players off season.
    4. We suck at QB RIGHT NOW. Kaepernick would address that. At least its worth a shot. But no one is calling Kaep a franchise QB. He would be a one year filler. Until Watson returns. I don't care what other coaching staffs and FOs think. Our current QBs are worse that the backups in MIN, TB, MIA, GB, IND and any other team before us.

edwardc likes this.
  9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I'd rather give Braxton Miller a shot under center than employ a POS that made the NFL the political ish show it is currently. As long as Bob McNair owns this team, there will be a 100% chance that he will never wear our jersey. 100%. Heck I'd give Tim Tebow, Vince Young, or Josh Freeman a shot...

DAROckets likes this.
  10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Who in their right mind would hire a guy who's lawsuit is currently trying get your phone records subpoenaed for something you had zero to do with .... no telling what kind of racial fake news lawsuit he'd spawn after you inevitability cut him

Severe Rockets Fan and macho87 like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

Of course, the Patriots also didn't try to tank the year they lost Brady because they understand that part of being successful is to build a culture of competing and winning despite the circumstances. They could easily have gone and just sucked in the Matt Cassel year and brought in reinforcements for the future, but they recognized the foolishness of that.

12. ipaman

But they also didn't sign a qb, they had one. We don't but we should and thats my point. do it the right way; tank and stock up becasue we dont have the pieces as evidence by the fact we "need" a Kap.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Biggest issue with texans organization... making super championship the number one priority at all times.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

And that's the losers way of thinking what QB that's currently active on the team that's better than Kap please tell me i'll wait there is not one savage is garbage yates been cut twice.So there is no reason why not to bring in a QB that is mobile threat like watson

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So disingenuous by BoB.

The excuses from BoB and coaches around the league continue.
    First it was about "the system" he needed , then it was wait till training camp, then it was wait till the start of the season, then it was wait till some QBs go down...now it's he hasn't played in a while. FOH . :rolleyes:

As if McGloin and a number of backups and replacements signed over the past two months have been actively playing REAL games this year or in the past two years.

It continues. Anyway, let's bore away the fans as we trot out Savage and TJ and tank for Cleveland! Woohoo go Browns!

RasaqBoi, Fulgore and JamesC like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lets stop talking politics for a sec and just look at football first. Something remarkable happened between the preseason and game 2 for Deshaun...He made a significant leap mentally. The game was just not too fast for the rookie, and it allowed BOB to open up his playbook to include plays directly from Clemson...Its NOT Watson legs that has allowed the offense to explode...but rather his ability to remain calm inside the pocket and deliver decent passes. And when things around him collapse, make houdini like moves to get out. Need a first down, he can use his legs...but he is always looking down field to make the throw first.
    Crapernick doesnt have that...He has the "big arm" talent and he is mobile...Just based on football..think he could deserve a chance as a back up...

Now adding the political spectrum and the financial implications from hiring a player like Colin...it is very clear why NO team wants to give him a shot. If the NFL wasnt getting crushed on the public sphere and didnt have to deal with fan repercussions, Colin wouldve already had a job. Colin doesnt have a job because of risk of losing money...and the NFL has lost much.

18. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Very true. I'm sure McNair also blames him for putting him in the position he was in where he misquoted the "inmates in the asylum" saying which caused all of the media attention and tension with the players on the team. Texans also had zero players kneel last week and with Kaep coming in you'll now have one, with the potential he can rub off on other players. No way he'll be signed.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Useless post troll...