1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis vs. Kristaps Porzingis.. You can only choose 1, who you taking and why

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsTruth, Nov 5, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

For me i dont like media hype, i like earned hype. And i have been watching kristpas dominate with that knicks team this year, scoring almost 30 a game, with elite rim protection. Meanwhile Anthony Davis is still living off that kentucky freshman season, he has had tyreke evans, eric gordon and ryan anderson and done nothing with them

If you held my feet to the fire and forced me too choose between them. Does it make me crazy for me to favor Porzingis

I just like athletes who can carry their team, too me Anthony Davis is more Chris Bosh 2.0 than he is kevin garnett

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Davis. Because he’s better

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Davis and it’s not close to me. He’s just in a bad situation in Nola

red5rocket, rm365 and amaru like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

They are both great but I also feel Ike both are overrated. Gimme KAT

5. chonox

chonox Member

all i know is the guy im up against in fantasy draft this week has both these guys on their team @#$#@$#@$@#$

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If we are talking about rookie prozingis or rookie anthony davis and I am starting from scratch i'd take anthony davis. Now if we are talking about a missing piece to this team right now..I'd take Davis.
    I'd only take Prozingis over anthony davis of now if i were in a situation like the lakers , knicks or atlanta, or phoenix. It is going to take some serious time before they get anywhere...

roslolian and red5rocket like this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Anthony Davis by a country mile

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

im sorry i just dont know how its davis

when i see porzingis i see a super athletic yao ming.

For this guy to move at 7'4 and be as athletic as he is should be illegal, too me anthony davis is a good complimentary piece on a championship team. Davis is more of a chris bosh type.

Kristaps is carrying the freakin knicks, who is even their second best player. AD has holiday, cousins, etc. The knicks have been a dumpster fire for years, and the pels have been doing a lot to try and help davis, davis just dont have the winning intangibles to carry a franchise.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Porzingis has now earned the hype after 9 games on a 5-4 Knicks teams?

[​IMG]

This is Anthony Davis' fourth year of providing elite production, and he's been to the playoffs. It's not his fault that he's on a team with an incompetent front office and training staff; 20-year-old Davis was better than 20-year-old Porzingis, 21-year-old Davis was better than 21-year-old Porzingis, and I'll need more than 9 games to determine if 22-year-old Porzingis is as good or better than 22-year-old Davis.

KP has been playing in a much larger media market, and IMO has gotten far more airtime than Davis over the last year (caveat: I live on the East Coast). So the whole "media hype" vs "earned hype" argument doesn't hold up to scrutiny for me.

As for who I'd rather have, I dunno. Maybe Porzingis, he is younger and better. To win a game right now, I think I'd choose Davis.

roslolian and don grahamleone like this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

AD- 5 years in the NBA, 1 playoff. Miss about 15 games every year, injury prone.

In conclusion: Injury prone, can't get his team into the playoff, give me James Harden and 56 points on 25 shots.
    Harden for MVP

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Prozingis also plays in division where he has no competition. Put Anthony Davis and the Pelicans in the East and it is guaranteed they make the playoffs every year.

red5rocket, Nook and MorningZippo like this.
  12. ilias

ilias Member

There is something about Davis though. He has never been able to put all his skills and athleticism together towards winning. Yes, NOLA FO sucks and indeed he would have an easier path to the playoffs in the East. However, he is still the same (unbelievably great) player he was as a rookie and he misses one in five games to injury. Davis is still the better player between the two, but Porzingis is making it a legitimate question with his recent play and constant improvement. Porzingis has every skill that Davis has, plus he is the better shooter and can get a decent shot when needed easier than Davis can thanks to his height. At the end it may be just a perception thing; Davis seems so passive and unemotional sometimes, while Porzingis shows more fire.

13. omgTHEpotential

Porzingis is a much bigger, longer, more athletic Dirk that also plays good defense. Davis is a more passive Kevin Garnett with worse passing and defense. Both are good, but give me Porzingis who's still scratching the surface of his potential at age 22, instead of a 24.5 year old guy who pretty much has been the same player since his sophomore year + injury prone.

It's crazy to think that Philly could have drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor. Imagine the Embiid/Porzingis/Simmons trio. That would have been a dynasty.

#13 omgTHEpotential, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Porzingis has had two subpar games, against us and the Celtics. Celtics have top 3 defense so far and we're almost top 10 so let's see what he can do over the course of the season. AD has been cursed with coaches and teammates, though he should've done more with what we had if he's a true star and mentioned among the likes of Durant, Curry, Lebron, Harden, Kawhi, Westbrook etc.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Right now is Davis.
    His defence, rim protection, driving, rebounding,post game is better while Porzingis is only better in 3pnt shooting.
    Also he has proven he's much more clutch.

As for durability, they are both susceptible to many minor injuries so it's a tie there.

For potential Porzingis has the advantage especially since he has much room to improve physically, and Davis hasn't shown considerable improvement two seasons in a row. However they are both very young and should get both better.

Davis is a top 10 player and Porzingis right now is not. It can change by the end of the season, but I feel pretty comfortamble in choosing Davis right now.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It depends on who you pair him up with. If it's Harden, I would pick Davis since Davis is a complimentary player and really can't initiate an offense. If it's a lower tier playmaker, I would take KPap. I would take Greek Freak and a healthy Embiid over both of them though.

17. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I like Kristaps but Anthony Davis all day every day.

red5rocket and daywalker02 like this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I would pick davis because the sample size is bigger and he's damn good.

But the gap is closing by the game KP looks really really good.

What gets me about Davis is he has been mentioned with the truely elite guys for 3 years now and he doesn't win. At some point he should be able to take his team to the 7-8th seed at the very least.

Him being ranked ahead of James Harden in the yearly player rankings is so disrespectful.

Harden for whatever reason seems to be the guy the NBA dismisses as ya he's good but he's not on the elite level just outside of it yet all he does is lead his team to top 3 records in the NBA home court advantage in the playoffs and is in the hunt for
    MVP.

If that doesn't equal at the very least a top 5 player in afraid he'll never be considered truely were he belongs.

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

excuses, kevin love once upon a time put up elite stats on a garbage team before too

porzingis gets stats and wins like harden.. thats more impressive

20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Its true Davis and Harden are not held to the same standard at all, and this is a guy they ranked ahead of Harden before the season