1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree. Lets take the NFL out of this equation and use any business as a reference.

Starbucks: eliminate the owner of each coffee shop.
    Employees run the establishment.
    Service (making and serving coffee/items) to the public.
    Might be a disaster unless they hire people to organize. Managers would still be in place.
    Annuity/money for paying bills and unknown expenses can be an issue. *(NFL players feel TV contracts will supply)

I’m all for the players taking over; but yes it would probably be a disaster. They would neeed to hire people to
    run the thing which kind of defeats the purpose. Unless the objective is just to eliminate the billionaire
    at the top. Put millionaires in place that are their equals financially.

*TV contracts might be taking a hit from this two year span (last yr/this yr) going forward
    I for one stopped watching after week 6 last year. Watched until week 3 this season.

#781 ApacheWarrior, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    ipaman likes this.
  2. Malaya

Malaya Member

In real life, if your boss does something to upset you, you file grievances. If nothing happens, you resign.

How can you expect to keep a job if you're out there damaging the company's or owner's reputation? Much less receive money for doing that.

Put your money where your mouth is.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. csj

csj Member

A perspective this stupid doesn't merit a response. Anyone who can't figure that out shouldn't be part of the conversation.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well the company owner shouldn't equate his employees to inmates.

If a company owner verbally harraseses an employee, you think the on is is on the employee to take the hit out of principle?

Hmm, so I guess if I'm a dick back employee, all I have to do is verbally assult an employee and he out of principle should refuse pay.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Because it’s stupid to you doesn’t mean it’s stupid to others. Just shouldn’t have been said. He wants his players to be held accountable for mistakes and he has to do the same.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

this is a stupid overreaction. players should ask to be released from their contracts to try to find another team or other work if they truly feel they've been so terribly wronged by mcnair.

8. csj

csj Member

Now you've changed the subject. If you want to talk about new channels defining the majority opinion then do so and suffer the consequences. No one's going to fall for your subsequent claim that I've comment on McNair here.

Perhaps at this point it should be clear that you shouldn't be part of the discussion.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Never changed the subject and you mentioned me when I was messaging another poster.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How is he not a cancer? Look at the damage he's done only being back for a week....

whag00 and J.R. like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

McNair did nothing wrong yet Duane Brown is leading a mutiny, he's an absolutely POS and they should outright cut him immediately.

ipaman likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So apparently McNair hires inmates then? I mean how many former players has he hired to join his organization?

13. pz350z

pz350z Member

Are we the worst franchise reputation wise now in the NFL?
    Worse than the browns?

I dont see how we arent.
    Bottom line this isnt good.
    This franchise might implode for good at this rate.
    No players or coaches are going to want to play for this team or this city in this kind of toxic environment.
    Expect losing football from here on out with Mcnair at the helm imo.

14. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

The damage was caused by Good ole boy Bob

Fulgore and red5rocket like this.
  15. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

"Never go full r****d..."

Fulgore likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, the damage was caused by those who decided to spin a common idiom into an offensive statement.....and then the players that were stupid enough to run with that spin.

Again, we know that football players are usually pretty stupid people, but it takes a special kind of stupid to take an idiom literally.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, the players are going "full r****d" and that's the problem. They are being led by Duane Brown.

18. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

The comment was inartful and showed a lack of awareness of the NFL landscape in 2017. I hope we can move past this and he will make some sort of grand gesture to show this isn't his natural character...game time in t-minus 5 hours...

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is Christmas for Bobby. He can lash out and be as abusive as he wants now with good cover

roxallways likes this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah we know how @Bobbythegreat is o_O