1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Early positive signs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Oct 26, 2017.

1. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

If KD's shot gets off 0.1 seconds earlier, and Gordon misses that shot last night, this thread would either not exist or would have a pretty different tone.

Don’t ignore in victory what you would not ignore in defeat. -Jeff Van Gundy

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nope, signs are still the same. I am very unhappy and negative about our play in general actually, I doubt MDA as the right coach and Harden’s drive to win, so figured I’d take off my glasses and look at stats and the positives so far.

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Hoping the eventual return of the best PG in the league helps with this...

4. hakeemthagreat

Does the "Harden rule" mean refs simply stop calling all fouls for James Harden now? I thought a player slapping another player's arm was a foul in the NBA rulebook. I could be wrong

5. hakeemthagreat

I think what's surprising is the refs officiating the game differently for one player than others. The rules shouldn't be applied differently based who the player is. A foul is a foul

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Harden rule is supposed to just for the 3 point rip-through thing that Harden did last year.

Unfortunately...because a rule dedicated and named after a single player was put in place, refs have now overcompensated and are afraid to call anything on Harden.

#26 J Sizzle, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Hakeemtheking, Deuce and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

I feel like MDA should speak out on this..It's blatantly obvious refs have swallowed their whistles

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

So many points off in your OP. Feel like you need to post less.

K, thanks.

SIL

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

In the Philly game the defender had his arm all reached out in front of Harden at the 3 point line. Harden pulls up and the guy gets a huge arm slap. The ball hits the front of the rim, misses by only 2 inches. How in the hell is that not a foul?

You catch the ball at the top of the 3 point line. Harden is now a triple threat. He can dribble drive, he can pass, or he can pull up for a 3. WELL NOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW the defender knows he can reach his arm out in open free Murica space and Harden is now not allowed to pull up and shoot a 3. That's BS. Shooting up a 3 after the defender initiates contact by going over a pick is one thing, and that's debatable, but Harden should be allowed to shoot a 3 without getting slapped on the arm with a defender's placeholder arm.

If you take away the triple threat just throw the whole game in the garbage can while you're at it. Make pick and roll illegal. Make dribbling illegal. It's BS. You reach I teach. That's the way it should be. Ref totally swallowed his whistle and it was a good shot that almost went in despite all that arm he had to get past to shoot it.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't know why the f you pissed. If you're trying to defend Harden, I'm his biggest fan. There's no disrespect I'm throwing his way in my post, read it again. I'm saying something is WRONG w/ him, he's maybe on a bum knee or having ankle issues. His behavior on court is uncharacteristic of his former self. Do you understand? Can you get that through your thick skull?

10/21 -- DAL -- 5 TOs
    10/23 -- MEM -- 7 TOs
    10/25 -- PHI -- 8 TOs

Do your homework before you suggest I'm "blabbing on" about ****, I'm a big fan of the rockets and I just want us to do well. My way of expressing support for this team is highlighting concerns, and many people follow this pattern. If you hate that, ignore the post and move on with your life instead of trying to piss people off.

12. bongman

bongman Member

If your going to play that game, Rhyno also made a 3 ptr that was waved off due to shot clock violation. Additionally, the first inbound pass was knocked away by Ariza so that was ALL us. Give credit where it is due.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I think the biggest positive sign is that we're 4-1 while shooting 28% from 3.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I appetite the OP for starting a posivity thread. Yes, we are 4-1 despite overcoming many injuries.

Expanding what others have said in other threads, because of the above limitations, MDA must expand the rotation and utilize more of his bench. We will run guys into the ground if he continues to play guys big minutes this early in the season.

15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Harden probably had made himself public enemy #1 among refs in the past few years. Now that they have the new rule they would definitely take advantage of it

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

“Just win, Baby”--Al Davis

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I cannot wait until we get CP3 back fit and healthy.

There are actually some morons out there who think he doesn't help the Rockets....He is Chris Paul....he makes any team he is on far better, period.