1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Streaming Rockets Games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, Oct 19, 2017.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Hey Hope everyone is well. I haven't posted in a long time.

My house flooded during Harvey and I am out 6 months. Is there a legit way to stream Rockets games? My brother's directv package won't let me stream Root Sports. Odd.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

reddit but I heard you can get really good streams through kodi but I don't know how

3. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

If you want to stream in the Houston area there are no legit offerings due to blackout restrictions, which leaves you with 2 options. Illegal stream, or setup a VPN and get league pass.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I just subscribed to a streaming service recommended by fellow clutchfans this week. It was $100 for the year but so far I'm loving it. Great quality streams with home and away broadcasts. PM me for the details.

5. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I think im using the same site, hehe. So far so good. I wish you could chromecast the plex channel and NBA TV isnt working after an update. But other than that good quality.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. I was using an android box and digging for streams last season. I worked about 70% of the time but they are killing those streams or are so the sites are so weak that the lag and quality is horrendous now. Got burned by ballstreams but I'm ok with this one now.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hey PM me the site you use

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm using a streaming service also, cost $17/month but includes all sports, it has access to Kodi, Roku, and has it's own Android App. If you pay in advance, it costs like $12.50/month for 6 months

working good so far for me, I'm doing monthly basis but will probably do 6 months soon

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Im not bothering with searching for streams or paying for another Ballsreams type service this year. AT&T Sportsnet is basically the only RSN that doesn’t have a streaming platform for thier content, and it’s inexcusable at this point.

Fox Sports and Comcast SportsNet both have thier RSNs on streaming services like PS Vue and DirecTV Now, and they also have mobile and set top apps avalable. AT&T is rumored to have the same service up and going soon, but that rumor is now months old. Houston is one of only a handful of sports markets being handicapped in this way by thier RSN. These types of issues are exactly why thier whole model is dying. Dinosaurs.

TMac'n likes this.
  11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I bought NBA League Pass India ($15 total) and use VPN ($48 for one year) to make it work. Currently chromecasting from my laptop.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I might check this out. Are you able to still use the US version of league pass? Let's say I am outside and want to pull up the NBA app from my phone and catch a game. It doesn't appear VPN will work on mobile, but being able to watch on my phone is a big thing for me.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

14. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I have an android and am able to watch from my phone. You will need to download the .apk file of the NBA International App (can't download it from the play store) which will allow you to watch the games. I subscribed to nordvpn and downloaded their vpn app on my phone.

1. I open nordvpn and connect to the india server (Use code "70off" for a $48/year plan)
    2. I open NBA App (International NBA league pass app)
    3. I go to the game that I want to watch and it begins playing
    4. I turn off the vpn (because it's not as fast as being directly connected to my internet) and the game quality increases and I am able to switch back and forth between different games without an issue
    5. Sometimes the app might use your gps to check for your location - You can download a "fake gps location" app and change your location to india as well.

TMac'n likes this.
  15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Did not know this. Can't wait till AT&T Sportsnet gets their **** together and switching to to PSVue or DirecTV Now as soon as Comcast contract is up

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Copy pasting from my previous thread with hehestreams...