1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 ALCS] New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. SuraGotMadHops

I think this is the game yall, this is the one I am nervous about, the one that I think changes the whole series if we win or lose. The most important thing in my sports life is to see the Astros win the World Series. If the Texans don't ever win a Super Bowl, I think I'd be okay, I already had the privilege of seeing the Rockets hoist up the trophy twice, anything further titles for them is just gravy. But this....this I covet, this is what I want more than anything, I must have this.

2. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

I feel the exact same way..

lnchan likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Life is full of disappointment........This will just be another....lol. #ChokeCity.....

4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Seriously, don't pull that nonsense on any more of my posts. Childish BS is not needed around here.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Beltran lifetime in the playoffs as an Astro batting .386.

Just as relevant as Rice being 3-0 all-time against Alabama in football.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'm sure the caller pulled it from listening.. Smoltz said it on the broadcast in the moment. Smoltz said he would throw a breaking ball down and away and that Judge was set up. And noted that it was possible that the disagreement was because may have thought the same as him, and Harris may not have wanted it. I haven't seen Gattis's comments, but if what was written above is true about what he said.. damn.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He was shaking off at least two pitches before the homer...

8. JonRetro

theres only 3 bullpen arms you can kind of depend on.. Devo Musgrove and Giles..

9. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

yea I found it odd out of all the things to piss and moan about during last night's game he couldn't let the Maybin thing go.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sonny Gay

Sonny -> Sunny -> Sunshine -> Shiny

Gay -> Happy

Everything correlates

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well and apparently Peacock and McHugh

adw likes this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

10 - 2 Astros

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Props to those of you that endured Joe buck after the hr....

I couldn't do it.

ghettocheeze, adw and mrm32 like this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is a game I feel we need to win like 12-1. Just shut Joe Buck up for a minute, no homer from Judge, but like 2 from Altuve. Just something to right the ship and let everyone know we are serious. The Yankees cannot do this, they don't need this like we do. We need to show up and prove it and quiet the haters down for a game.

Rox225 and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Offense needs to get their **** together.

Remix, Houstunna and jim1961 like this.
  16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Super nervous about this game. I don't want to be let down again by a Houston sports team. This team has seemed to be different from letdown teams in the past. Please win.....................

Houstunna likes this.
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol I actually thought of Billy Wagner when Arod said that about short pitchers and then Thomas mentions him.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Big bet tonight by Hinch. Another gut move inspite of the analytics, but I do agree that McCullers is a true gamer that will likely have the most confidence going tonight and going forward, although McHugh is just as qualified even if slightly less effective at full potential than Lance. Peacock and Morton appear a little overwhelmed to be 3 & 4 right now unless we can match them up against equally overwhelmed staff on the other side.

Big game, but far from critical to the Astros winning the series. We really only need to get 1 of the next 2 to have overwhelming control. And if we go down 3-2 in the series, we still have two cry young going in games 6 and 7 at home. So I'm still feeling good and think we are playing from a position of strength heading back to Houston.

19. JonRetro

Keuchel is scheduled for tomorrow and Verlander Friday.. So if it goes to game 7 it might be McHugh or Morton Game 7 on Saturday

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Damn why yall so sensitive? WTF struck your never so hard? You and the other dumbass quoting me.... The only BS around here is your flanders tight @ss...... I bet you also attend feminists meets...