1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AOL to shut down Instant Messanger service after 20 years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BleedsRocketRed, Oct 9, 2017.

1. hvic

hvic Member

I know her brother lurks on CF so he will probably see this post and start laughing.
    It lightly rain during the movies. For her to sneak back into the house she had to climb onto the fence, jump from the fence to the tree branch and then jump onto her roof and climb into her window. She got to the tree but when she jump onto her roof she slip and fell bc of how wet the roof was and fell into some bushes. I was watching the whole thing from my car and the fall into the bushes was freaking loud. I ran out to the fence to see how she's doing and she said she lost grip and that she's fine. She did another attempt and was holding onto her window frame and lost her grip and slid down the roof and into the bushes again. The whole house was pitched black and I was surprised no one woke up. Her arm and legs were scratched up pretty bad from the bushes and roof. She agreed to go back to my car and I used my first aid kit so I can clean her and patch her up. We made out for a while afterwards and that helped calm her down. She said her last choice was to wake her brother up but he would owe her a bunch of favors and not worth it. She wanted to try the jump one more time and I remembered I had some mechanic gloves in my trunk that she can use for additional grip. She did the jump onto the roof but shorter than the previous jumps and I assume its because she's injured. She was on all fours and clawing her way up to her window like a cat but I guess she lost energy and fell back into the bushes. She waved for me to leave and then I saw her brother's bedroom light go on. She disappeared from AIM for about 3 months and I assume she was grounded. She stopped talking to me but in college we happen to have a lot of mutual friends and I would see her around. I called her cat woman in passing but never mention this story to anyone except my brother until now. Sorry for the long story. Hey JC's bro if you read this message me.

Harrisment and DudeWah like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

was gonna read but my eyes crashed into a thick wall of texts.

BleedsRocketRed and Sajan like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did AOL really misspell Instant Messanger, or just the OP? Wondering if they had to purposefully misspell it for branding reasons

Sajan likes this.
  4. Anticope

Anticope Member

I was the guy who was never around but always had a sweet away message up.

Sajan likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who remembers pr0gz? If you remember THAT **** - RESPECK.

Space Ghost and Jontro like this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

I used to sign in invisible when I was pissed at my gf.

Jontro likes this.
  7. what

what Member

I guess im the only one who never used aim. I breifly used msn chat like in 94. Aim was right up there with usenet subscription, which i never used either. I dont use facebook or twitter that much. I have been using youtube and ive subcribed to a few channels and obviously clutchfans and memphis grizzlies fan boards are my only real social presence online.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Reported.

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Oh man...I remember pr0gz, totally forgot about it too. Trying to remember which ones I used though. The hacker rooms were crazy

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

HaHa AOL's code was so crappy even a novice could hack their code and bypass a lot of the security and create tons of accounts. SWIM could create screen names that were otherwise prohibited. Some of the advance kids would go on to create moderator accounts. Scraping AOL's logon screen was a simple copy and paste which could be dumped onto a geocities page and used for phishing. And the massive amount of bugs that would disconnect or freeze peoples computer by simply copy and pasting code into the chats.

11. BleedsRocketRed

AOL Pr0ggiez! Fire Toolz, AoHell, Master Tools are some of the ones I remember

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ahhhh, the sexting.......So. Much. Sexting.