1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more bids for Rockets flashseats tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Enemysquad, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Was browsing the Rockets flashseats website and noticed you can't bid on any rockets game tickets. I know last season for the playoffs they went away with bidding but I only thought it was for playoff tickets. This sucks if no bids are allowed cause that's how I use to get my tickets to the games.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This would also suck if you have extras to sell

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rocket games are now only for corporate job meetings.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I see you can still buy and sell with the flash seats app

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This thread brought to you by SeatGeek.

Changing the way you buy tickets to your favorite events:eek:

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can Buy and Sell. This thread is about Bidding in Auctions. Same confusion occurred in the Flashseats Playoff thread, too.

You just can't Auction tickets anymore. If no one buys, you drop the price.

7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

What?? Gotta go check this out. Is this for the whole season?

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They're pissed at secondary market makers.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Really disappointed if true you could always find some steals on there

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  10. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Ugh that sucks

11. theh

theh Member

Flashseats is officially dead.

12. DanielV

DanielV Member

I was noticing this too. Probably price control.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's part of the continued urbanization of the Toyota Center experience.

Either you roll up in Maseratti's and $5000 suits or you better not show up. Tinman Fertitta putting his stamp already

Louka, arabrocket and cheke64 like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It will fail. I used to go to a lot more games and spend money on Merch and beer when I could get a $50 ticket for $20.

This screws the season ticket holders. The Rockets already made their money and will now restrict STH from selling tickets they paid for for whatever price they saw fit.

15. hvic

hvic Member

damn that really stinks

16. DanielV

DanielV Member

I agree. It's hurting some already during preseason. Saw someone on there flashseats listing say" will take bids over $5". Poor guy didn't know there was no bidding. Now no one will be in his seat and the TC won't make money on food, merch, and such

17. Convictedstupid

Yeah this is dumb. definitely will not go to nearly as many games now.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This is disappointing. It was bad enough that most sellers didn't end up giving up their tickets when the high bidder didn't come in high enough. Most auctions didn't end until right when tip-off occurred (or even an hour after that), so if a seller didn't ideally like a low highest bid, then that seat ended up being empty.

Now, without ANY bidding allowed, there will be even more empty seats for games. It'll take sellers a while to adjust to this new environment and lower their asking prices at least a couple of hours before tip-off. If they don't, then this could be a bad look for Rockets games.

19. heypartner

@Convictedstupid @hvic @DanielV @theh @K-Low_4_Prez

fwiw: Flashseats just turned off bidding/auctions, not buying and selling. If you look, stubhub and Ticketmaster do not support auctions for NBA tickets either. Sellers can still name their price. Just means they have to manually lower prices if not takers. Same as StubHub and Ticketmaster. Hell, as a Rockets STH seller, I always turned off bidding anyhow. I mean, it's not a real auction. Seller has to accept a bid, anyhow. The only automated selling available requires setting a hidden, fixed price to trigger if met. I don't view that any differently than a Buy Now price.

I'm posting this for the benefit of fellow flashseats sellers, who surely don't want ppl to go to Stubhub and Ticketmaster when flashseats offers same buyer/seller service and is where season tickets are sent to STH accounts by the Rockets, making it easiest to sell there.

That said, teams like Cavaliers are still allowing both fixed pricing by the seller and bidding/"auctions" at flashseats. So not sure why Rockets Isn't doing the same

They only turned off the ability for the buyer to place a bid. They turned off auctions.

Seller still names their price. If they don't get a buyer, they have to manually lower the price.

#19 heypartner, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  20. heypartner

I'm pretty sure Stubhub and Ticketmaster have never allowed auctions for NBA games. They don't now.

At flashseats, I always turned off bidding as a seller, anyhow. I mean, it's not a real auction. Seller has to accept a bid, anyhow. The only automated sell requires setting a hidden, fixed price to trigger if met. I don't view that any differently than a Buy Now price.

flashseats will not automatically give to the highest bidder at some expiration time like a true auction. That's a misnomer. Flashseats actually makes a distinction by saying clearly they are not an auction but a marketplace.

Sure, you have to look at what the prices are for tickets that are selling, but same for that autosell price feature. I contend your worries of scalpers not being attentive enough to lower prices when needed will quickly adjust to the new marketplace rules, like at stubhub and Ticketmaster.

I can make an argument that this is only a nuisance to scalpers and otherwise ppl who miss a lot of games, and plan to automate batch selling for the whole season. Those ppl shouldn't be season tickets holders, and should release their tickets to real fans who want to go to the games. Same thing happens with PSI seats in the NFL.

But, then again, Cavaliers turned off bidding a few years ago, and have since turned them back on. So maybe STHs can do the same to Rockets.

#20 heypartner, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017