1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they disrespected the flag by kneeling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Would you guys still be able to support the Rockets if they took a knee during the anthem?

1. Yes-It's not disrespectful

87.8%
  2. No-GET OUT THE COUNTRY!

12.2%
  1. Nigel Thornberry

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yep.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

94% of CF are reasonable human beings. I knew I liked this place for a reason!

el gnomo, DonKnock, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I never liked degrassi back in the day because it always reminded me of my real life way too much.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

[​IMG]

6. Daddy Long Legs

so now we know who to ban based on which way people voted in this thread right?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

holic is a huge clown...what a joke

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Of the millions of people saying they're going to stop watching NFL games over this, I doubt a single one will actually follow through for more than a game or two, max. Their temporary outrage is greater than their conviction.

el gnomo, Killatron 2000 and RudyTBag like this.
  9. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

I'll support whatever they decide to do it's a right in this country to have a freedom of speech and they are more powerful than we are to making a statement towards equality it's not the flag cause I'm a black man and l love the hell out of this country but there are some things in this country that are not equal to us and that's all they are protesting they are being our voice when no one can seem to hear us I hate hearing people say get out of our country this is not your country it not any of ours we all are immigrants to this country this country belongs to the native Americans they are the only ones who can say those words so yea I'll support whatever they do I'll support them if it was whites protesting longs as it's about bringing us together

el gnomo, DonKnock and topfive like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Although his bizarre fascination with clean-cut-white-guy-with-a-German-name Jarrod Uthoff is starting to make sense. :D

el gnomo, DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

It could cause tension between ryan anderson and the rest of the team if guys start to kneel...

Snow Villiers likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bro can we beat the Titans Sunday?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

First of all, thank you for your service. And I agree with you on this whole "kneeling is disrespecting the flag" being BS because it's a false argument and a diversion by Trump and the so-called "conservatives" to denigrate and dismiss the concerns of minority citizens. When Kapernick started doing this I actually foumd his protest to be quiet and respectful - he wasn't disrupting the ceremony nor was he bringing harm to others. It was Fox News and the alt-right that sought to portray his stance as somehow being "unpatriotic" which again is BS. This narrative along with Trump's speech over the weekend is to ressure the alt-right, white supremists and "angry white people" everywhere that this administration is on their side and believes in their cause of white superiority. The one good thing that is coming out of a Trump presidency is that these folks (like that fire chief) are finally showing their true selves to the world.

el gnomo and DonKnock like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling that the kneeling has lost its meaning real quick, on both sides. But that's almost always the case with mobs. Now it is becoming a political tool.

payaso likes this.
  15. onreego

onreego Member

Everyone should read the US Flag Code because most people that criticize these athletes for using their right to protest likely disrespects the flag on a daily basis.

Last thing I'm going to say in this thread is that a lot of folks are calling them "pampered millionaires" who shouldn't feel any type of oppression. Making money and playing a sport shouldn't dehumanize you and strip you of your right to stand up for rights that affect your family and friends.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Have you been practicing? Their PG is real good I heard, he may light you guys up.

http://www.kwtitans.com/

Fulgore likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Freedom of speech. They can protest, people can stop watching, whatever. As long as they don't spit/burn the flag I'm fine with non-violent protest. I'll still watch them like I'm watching the NFL.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Raise your hand if your job requires you to stand for the national anthem.

heypartner likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs