1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Corey Moore

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by theimpossibles1, Sep 24, 2017.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I can't really be mad at him for not holding on to the Int it was a tough play not some guaranteed pick.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I had low expectations going into the season, and that was before getting pummeled by the Jags. Seeing promise out of Watson was exciting and the offense scoring more than 13 points was more than I expected to see.

3. theimpossibles1

Also that Sunday night game vs the Colts in 2013 was pretty damn painful. We were looking like we were really figuring things out in the first half. The crowd was super revved up because you could just feel this was the start of a new, successful era for the Texans.

Then Kubiak collapsed on the sideline with his mini-stroke. The crowd completely died and we choked away the game in the second half. If I remember correctly that was the game where the Colts did the bullshit onside kick because we stupidly had our entire team way back on the other side of the field. Killed the vibe for the rest of the Kubiak era.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Was this Keenum's first start? Was there, brutal loss, basically made it official we were punting the season.

5. theimpossibles1

It was his first home game start and he had a brilliant 1st half.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Didnt Andre catch like 3 tds in the first half?

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yep. I'm more excited about next week coming off a loss than I was last week coming off a win. Granted, opponent/expectations play a role there - but, still...

I thought yesterday was a barrel of fun. I enjoyed the **** out of that game and don't really care that they lost. I mean, I wanted them to win - but if that was Deshaun Watson's coming out party, then these next 13 weeks are going to be fun as hell.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

With this 100% I haven't been this encouraged by a team that loses in a long time. Having a QB is a huge part of the battle...I think we have one...and he's fun as hell to watch play.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  9. Hey Now!

Wins and losses barely resonate seven days later; to think they have years-long, lasting impact is just plain silly.

10. Hey Now!

I literally watched the entire second half with a smile on my face. Every single one of us had this as a capital L in permanent marker. I don't subscribe to moral victories - but to not come away from yesterday's loss at least fired up to see their encore....... I mean, why watch sports?

11. Marteen

Marteen Member

Most painful loss?

So we're just gonna forget Jacoby's muffed punt in Baltimore, Schaub throwing a pick 6 to Richard Sherman, the divisional loss in 2013 or the blowout Wild card game to KC?

I was just hoping they didn't get embarrassed, but it showed me that I can trust Watson to be the guy.

12. theimpossibles1

Some victories, and some moments within games serve as a source of inspiration. Athletes, when facing a challenging moment, can visualize games and moments from the past to 'get their mind right' so to speak. Look at the Astros early this season. We were down 5 runs in a game and came back to win. It was the first time we had accomplished that in many years, but having that memory to look back on, the Astros went on to mount multiple 5 run plus comebacks this season. We not only believed, but we knew that we were never out of a game.

The good news is we now believe we can beat the Pats and other elite teams. It just would have been great to win, so we could know it.

13. theimpossibles1

Oh man, I had blocked the Jacoby muff from my memory. Yup, that one stung.

14. Hey Now!

But.... how were they able to mount that first comeback win if they didn't have a memory to look back on?

The Texans were embarrassed in week 1; came back to win four days later on the road. These games have relatively little lasting impact on a game-to-game, season-to-season basis. The high of a Patriot win would have been completely extinguished if they promptly fell on their collective dicks this week against Tennessee.

15. theimpossibles1

As for the Astros, obviously there are more factors in play.

And yes, it would be deflating if we lost to Titans after we hypothetically won yesterday however the underlying confidence gained would remain in place.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Kenny vaccaro please

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

What he said.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

How about the Jaguars hail mary? Then having Mark Sanchez drive 70+ yards the following week for a game winning td.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Can't find a gif or vid of the drop. Anyone?

20. theimpossibles1

Just did some searching and couldn't find it either, only Pats highlights (surprise, surprise).

Also read that this was Brady's 52nd game winning drive. Frickin' ridiculous.

Fullcourt likes this.