1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey did the right thing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 23, 2017.

?

Do you agree with not trading for Carmelo Anthony if it included Gordon/Capela?

1. Yes

87.7%
  2. No

12.3%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't feel good about it. Anderson needs to be moved

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Being satisfied with second round exit is never the right move

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Warriors "big" lineup is also their worst lineup.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Trade Anderson. I don't give a **** if we get nothing back. I want that bum off this team.

bawanyh and BigShasta like this.
  5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I think CP3 will make Ryan Anderson better and hopefully he is working on his game this off season with all the crazy trade rumors. Throwing in Gordon or Capela is definitely not worth it imo. I know we all wanted the banana boat to assemble but it just didnt make sense. Good job Morey.

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

I don't know man, harden plus cp3 and melo had potential to be something big. Could have got a lebron sit down. We don't suck without this trade but Melo definitely makes us better than what we our now. Even if it meant trading Capella

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Warriors worst lineup is also better than any team's best lineup if Durant/Curry/Green/Klay are still on the floor. Keep any two of these guys on the floor and the Warriors are still a great team.

Mcgee actually was a positive for the Warriors with his height at times in the playoffs and we'd be going into the season with practically no center...

More than the Warriors at that point. How do we defend against the Spurs? Already couldn't stop their bigs...what about the Pelicans? Would we even see the Warriors if all we had for Center with Nene? Who is a great player but obviously not down for being the starting center for 82 games.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't disagree but I beleive that Capela is going to take another step towards being an All-Star level center. With Paul and Harden creating space and havoc on opposing defenses, Capela is going to get more opportunities to score. I can see him becoming a 16-18 ppg/10 reb player.

As much as I'm not a fan of Anderson and his contract, I can see where he will be a positive for this team with his shooting. You can't double Paul and Harden without leaving someone open. Anderson, Capela, and Ariza are going to be the beneficiaries.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

playing devlis advocate.. what is capela elite at which cannot be easily replicated by other bigs?

leebigez and Embrace the clutch like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Of course Morey did the right thing. It's not his fault the Knicks made a purely emotional trade, just like the Pacers.

BigM likes this.
  11. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Say bye to cp3 and no LeBron or wade thanks to dumb ass morey

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have a feeling Morey wasn't willing to sacrifice a run at Lebron by trading away Capela and Gordon.

Amel and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

I wanted to add Anthony as a buy out. I did not want to add Anthony for Capela or Gordon. I really didn't want to even give up Anderson but could live with it.

What I don't understand is how Melo could go from only CLE and us to only us to OKC? Makes no sense to me when he had all the leverage.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You mean the lineup they use 15-20 minutes a game max? And the answer is Nene and whomever they were to sign to replace Capela. Chandler and Nene could easily have held the fort against those two.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We'll always be at least a player away and probably two. lol

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Because OKC added George. That's what changed. They have their own big three now.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Capela is probably not on the court, because we can go small as well with Harden, CP3, Ariza, Tucker and Luc.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Even a moronic team like Knicks did not want to touch Ryan Anderson's Contract.

Let that sink in.

J.R., BigShasta and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He made the right decision. No combination of 2 real players on the Rockets was worth Carmelo. OkC looks good, they have a big 3 now. But the Rockets still have way more depth and still have 2 top 10 NBA players. OkC still only has 1. I am still optimistic about next season.

fba34, HakeemOnlyFan and BigShasta like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

15-20 minutes is a big part of any game though.

Also, what about other teams in the West?

How are we getting Chandler now?