1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony has expanded his trade list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Sep 22, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

OKC and CLE being the list is why there has been no movement.

This is a half step back for us, but not 2 steps.

Morey still has time but must calucate correctly here.

2. fattz

fattz Member

It’s 2017, we shoot 3’s and run the ball. The days of grinding centers are over. We rebound the misses and out score the other team. Don’t /shouldn’t over pay for the Capela of the league. Why should we? Browns number will be as good as if not better for a lot less cap space. Capela numbers have the Harden/system all over them. I just don’t want to over pay for a skill set that is not hard to find. Love/Melo types need to be paid —> rebounding and spacing from the same player is really rare.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

It's not Melo's fault.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Based on home court playing. Lol.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only way morey gets melo at this point is by a miracle.

There are now two teams who if nothing else can offer shorter term deals than ryno. Easier for them to build deals.

There is no traction with rockets. Once the deal got nixed and Portland decided it wouldn't be a facilitator there was no path forward. The knicks were smart. They had no interest in locking themselves into Ryan Anderson and were smart not to.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Back to 98 yard line. Sigh...

7. justtxyank

More like game over and another team gets to take the field

PeterKingX likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kanter is not better than Anderson, pretty much same tier of players, both are also all offense and no defense, and i don't see a spot or the minutes for Kanter in NY with Hernangomez, O'Quinn and Noah. But Kanter does have a better contract, at least one year shorter which is still better for the Knicks, should also be easier to dump to a third team if the Knicks don't want him.

Other than Kanter i don't know what OKC would trade though, i guess one between McDermott and Abrines plus a pick...

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It's New York Knicks.

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  10. photojoe

photojoe Member

This whole thing, to me, reeks of New York leaking this out exactly to try to get Houston to do just that.

I could be completely wrong. Maybe Carmelo really has expanded his list. And maybe the Rockets will miss out on him.

But to me this sounds like New York getting desperate, not wanting Carmelo to be on their team, and trying to pry more assets from us.

11. redrowdy03

redrowdy03 Member

I don't know why y'all are nervous if OKC gets melo. They would have 3 "me me me" type of stars and that team will implode sooner or later. Imaging westbrook, pg13 and melo banging heads in the locker room about who takes more shots or who has the ball in the crunch time.

fattz, malakas and don grahamleone like this.
  12. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Always been a loser? He has made it farther in the playoffs than CP3 has..

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If Melo was super open to Cavs and Thunder I don't think his camp would have leaked that they were cautiously optimistic that a deal with the Rockets would get done by Monday.

And don't forget that this list expansion happened 10 days ago and the Rockets trade hope happened the last two days.

photojoe likes this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

At least they won't be a threat. OKC getting Melo would likely knock us out of 2nd.

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Is it possible 's Melo is messing with the Knicks?
    (1) They screw him over by taking deal with Rox off the table (after it was agreed to)
    (2) He sees that Perry is gumming up the works
    (3) He "expands list" of teams so Knicks can expend time and effort to get a deal they "want"
    (4) Once Knicks secure a deal....
    (5) He invokes NTC and says "Trade me to Htown like you promised"
    Moral to Knicks: he only wants to go to Htown and if you mess with me, I'll mess with you right back....

Just hoping that's the scenario based on this new info.

I honestly think Melo wants to do good for the people of PR and he wants this to be trade drama to be over so he can focus on getting aid to PR

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

See what happens when you have Patrick Patterson on your team? OKC is now a destination franchise!

17. justtxyank

Hold out hope to the end

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

Some people on here are way overreacting.

His list includes Cleveland? That was the case a long time ago. And guess what- Cleveland didn't get him. And that was even when they had Kyrie to trade.

Think about it. Cleveland needed to trade Kyrie. Kyrie wanted to go to New York. Kyrie would have fit with the Knicks asking for young player.

If Carmelo wanted to go to Cleveland, he would have waived his trade clause then. And he would already be in Cleveland.

But now that Cleveland traded its best asset- now he wants to go there? Cleveland doesn't have much to offer either unless they give up the Brooklyn pick but I seriously doubt they would do that.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Kanter 2 years - $17mill left each year
    mc dermott
    Jerami grant

**we have nothing to compete with this, harel and dekker would've been helpful, but this is what the knicks wanted youth, sure presti is going crazy right now, he has to go all in with P.G and westbrook there this year, he doesn't care if he stays or leaves

20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

While this would be a great story, I doubt it.