1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ICYMI] Codman Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Sep 21, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Pretty sure @BimaThug was saying a buyout wouldn't be beneficial for the Rockets.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx OP for making this thread. It's impossible to wade through the Melo thread for info.

I'm very happy to see Cod doing well, Keep smiling Cod and stay strong.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers =)

As for the Bucks I haven't been paying too much attention lately but it seems the new GM just let go both the 2 way contracts and now he's in a stare down with Bartenstein for JP's extension..so he doesn't know what he's doing as expected and they're screwed. But it's impossible to take back more salary.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Just because I disagree with how you make these posts didn't necessarily mean I don't believe you are telling the truth about what you heard or that your sources aren't credible.

I think that's nonsense. What are the necessary reasons your posts have to be "cryptic"? If you could get into trouble for divulging this information, posting vague, "cryptic" messages isn't any kind of defense that would save your skin. So it really doesn't make any sense as to why you are doing it other than playing games.

Newlin likes this.
  4. itzIce

itzIce Member

Get well soon, COD!!!
    Your contributions to CF are always welcome and much appreciated!

Prayers up!

DonKnock likes this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss. Off.

slothy420, ElDobleK, The_Yoyo and 6 others like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's just math. We aren't under the cap. There are salary-matching rules, and the Hardcap. Sure, we don't have to trade Ryno. But who are you going to trade then?

A trade is much better for the Knicks than a buyout. We've been through this before ad nauseum, right?

Knicks theorists have repeatedly said that, if anything, buyout would be a last desperation play at the trade deadline.

#46 heypartner, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Newlin and DonKnock like this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Look here bmd. We dont get along since you're a MCFail nuthugger but I agree with you here.

However keep in mind Codman is going through a lot and has close ties to the org which he can't disclose

But Doc Roc OTOH sucks. He could have a cryptic post about taking a dump and CF fools will turn it into Rockets getting Lebron

8. heypartner

seems more likely that he said a Melo buyout isn't as beneficial to the Knicks as a trade is. Trade can purge the same salary and provide useful assets in line with their youth movement.

Or are you talking about Bima saying a buyout of Ryno is useless? That's true for sure. And I think I do recall him saying it.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Bucks would require salary dumping; they lost $. Bad management to lose $ after new TV deal, eh? Pistons, same. That's where those two make sense as aggregators.

DonKnock and malakas like this.
  10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

its not hard to read. He spells it out. Not exact details because it is just people talking, not an actual negotiation. Someone mentioned this, someone mentioned that.

The part about keeping Ryan. IF ... we kept him, we would probably have move EGo and all of the NG's. Not sure if that still reaches $21M

jch1911, DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Bima was saying that a buyout wouldn't be good in terms of signing Melo beyond this year. Something like that.

12. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

that's it. Lose his bird rights.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Embrace the clutch

Wish cod the best but nothing insightful here

15. heypartner

I would have explained that as it makes no sense for Melo to agree to. It's his Bird rights. But I always assumed if it happens, he would get a hefty buyout significantly over his $26m due this year. (He's due $54m.) And then I could argue that it helps us, but won't bother, because it's a moot put. Buyout makes little sense for both Knicks and Melo, unless Melo values staying with CP3/Harden more than signing one last big contract.

Saying it isnt' good for Rockets is kinda a minor point to why it likely won't happen...and it assumes a lot...as there are scenarios where it is a grand slam for us.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was just trying to interpret Codman's post. Not saying I know how it could work out.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. heypartner

Yeah, I get it. I'm just saying the info is misunderstood by the source or messenger ... unless we are talking about a worse trade involving other core players instead of Ryno.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You know Barack Obama?!?

Stay strong, Cod!

DonKnock likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Post isn't cryptic. Pretty straight forward.

All this **** is entertainment anyways.

Vivi, cheatpnz, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Codman speaks.

But when will the Tilman speak?