1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5/11/2017: James Harden QUITS on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 11, 2017.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

See.... this why I typically just ignore you and your blind hero worship... but swyyyguy brought you to my doorstep and now I gotta deal with your biased views and opinions... smh....

Honestly, I would presume you were just some adolescent who hasnt learned to play well with others... but you joined in 2005... so idk... stunted development? You feel the need to constantly criticize individuals and make personal attacks upon those who have a differing opinion, as you make stupid and unfounded declarations about them - thank you, son, I've played plenty of basketball in my day and don't need you to 'educate me' - lmao!

As I've said repeatedly, Harden is a great talent who had an overall great season. I give him a pass on the end of game 5 - he tried to do too much playing hero ball and it blew up in our face... live and learn... hopefully a growth moment...

Game 6 was a dgaf disappointment... Had Harden gone the last quarter and half without a fga or rebound, then I could see a fatigue argument... but he was a no show for the opening quarter and a half... but hey, maybe he spent too much time clubbing the night before and needed the first quarter and half to sober up.. idk.... I'm just glad he was able to get his second wind so he could go out partying after the game... lol

but if it was fatigue... maybe he should have been more concerned about the team results and sat for a few reg season games instead of padding his stats for the MVP bid... He's been in the league how many years? That's something I would hope a professional could figure out in their first year or two.

And will D'Antoni try to rest Harden down the stretch to keep him fresh for the postseason?
    "Mike knows not to come at me with that," Harden said.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ston-rockets-no-plans-take-rest-games-healthy

#221 kjayp, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    el gnomo likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

After Houston, Pippen had 4 years in Portland... so obviously everybody in that organization was cool with quitters, right?

Knicks traded us for McGrady so obviously every player on that team was cool with a quitter, right?

That is your contention isn't it? Because people/players in the organization aren't openly complaining and Harden is still a desired commodity = he didn't quit.... right?

#222 kjayp, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's the whole point! Rockets traded those quitters. When they were traded did other stars come to bandwagon with them?

after quitting, did Morey and MDA ship off harden or extended him? to how many years and the tune of how much?

and after quitting did other stars dreaded/avoided playing with him? why do you think CP3 and most likely Anthony joined the rockets? whats the primary reason? was it for MDA, Ariza, Bobby Brown, Anderson, Ego, More, Les, the uniforms, the Toyota Center, houston?

#223 vlaurelio, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. vlaurelio

that hate is too strong here

so do you have any proof that he went clubbing the night before game 6 or just making it up?
    so a guy having an almost MVP and historic season does't deserve a drink after the last game of the season?
    are you sure CP3 and Lebron didn't have a drink the night their seasons ended? or only GSW has the right to drink after the season?

that's extreme bias and hate right there how can you say harden is a stat padder only concered about his MVP when he only rested 1 game to single handedly carry the star less rockets to the best seed/HCA to have the best chance in the playoffs? you want an example of a clear stat padder then its WB

so you admit that resting 10 games in the regular season does make a player significantly better and fresher in the playoffs.
    and a day rest between games is not enough
    or in other word fatigue in the regular season does carry thu the playoffs.. just like fatigue 2 days ago can still carry over 2 days after

and if there's blame for the 2nd round exit it's harden's fatigue, morey not being able to put another star next to harden, MDA running harden to the ground with his 7 man rotation, and Harden not resting in the regular season

honestly, did you expect the rockets with 1 fatigued star and no HCA
    to beat a clearly superior multi star championship calibre well coached leading defense and phyical team? was the 2nd round loss an upset because of Harden? are you sure if the Rockets had lebron instead of Harden the whole last season they could have competed with GSW in the WCFs? cause for 1 I'm sure if Harden can carry a starless team to 3rd seed over all being in the west he could have easily carried the cavs with Kyrie and Love to 1st seed in the east.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...l-and-james-harden-fell-apart-late-in-game-5/

"They probably got tired, we just couldn't quite push it," D'Antoni said. "We had a lot of opportunities in those last three minutes to go in the game, knocked down a couple of threes, had good shots but just couldn't make a big play by that point. You know, it was hard fought. We played as hard as we could and we had our chances to win, so be it."

Harden blamed the Rockets' inability to get stops, saying offensive rebounds for the Spurs gave them baskets and messed with the Rockets' pace. But tempo is different from pace. Tempo is about the way you play, the way you move and the urgency you play with. The Rockets didn't have pace because of rebounds Tuesday. They didn't have pace because they looked out of gas.

It's easy to blame the seven-man rotation Mike D'Antoni has gone to, predictably given his history. But the only man out was Nene and Clint Capela was fresh. There are no other guards to turn to, no other wings outside of Sam Dekker, who might not be ready for this moment. It presents an issue, though. The Rockets are tired, and playing a short rotation, and need to play fast with energy.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/time-harden-embrace-rest-running-gas/story?id=47375178

Harden was running on empty, gassed from a grueling regular season.

As LeBron James and the Spurs employed resting strategies throughout the regular season, Harden made headlines by denouncing the concept of resting.

"I'm a hooper," Harden said. "I just want to hoop. I'll rest when I'm done. I feel like my teammates and organization need me to go out there and do what I do."

And when a reporter followed up and asked Harden if Mike D'Antoni would try to sit him and save energy for the playoffs, Harden replied, "Mike knows not to come at me with that."

Before winning the 2014 Finals MVP, Kawhi Leonard ranked 138th in minutes played during the regular season. Andre Iguodala spent the regular season coming off the bench before nabbing the 2015 Finals MVP. Before his brilliant 2016 Finals manifesto, LeBron James enjoyed 19 extra days off in the playoffs as a result of sweeping early-round opponents, while the Warriors labored through injuries and a grueling seven-game marathon against the OKC Thunder. Let's also not forget the Warriors decided to chase 73 wins that season instead of resting down the stretch.

This is the whole point of resting during the regular season. Popovich has regularly sat his stars to both prevent injury and give his second unit plenty
    of opportunity to thrive and gain chemistry.

The Rockets could point to a Nene injury as an excuse, but that strains credibility when you consider the Spurs played without starters Tony Parker and Leonard in Game 6. The Spurs' reserves stepped up to the challenge because Popovich asked them to step up eight times before in the regular season when he sat Leonard.

Harden dazzled audiences in the regular season. But in the end, the human body in today's NBA can only handle so much. No, Harden wasn't "drugged" in Game 6. But the idea that strategic rest is the enemy -- not a friend -- sure can be intoxicating for hoopers like Harden.

#224 vlaurelio, Sep 21, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Once again. He did not quit but obeyed the orders of a man that has set him up with nearly $300 or more million dollars. That man had just gone through a divorce after a 24 year commitment and obsession with a team that made him reconsider the priorities in his life. Give it a rest.

6. vlaurelio

Another one of swvyys accounts?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What is a rookie?

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the 73 win golden state warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals with the so called "unanimous" mvp. And had to recruit the 2nd best player in the world to beat the cavs hahaha

but, but i thought Curry was on Lebron's level haha best player in the world my ass... why would he need so many all-stars on his teams to beat one man. COWARD. This guy if he was on a team like the Nets would put them in the lottery, unlike Lebron and Harden could would at least bring them to the 5th seed. They are already trying to stack Lonzo Ball's team to try and make him another Curry lol. Saying that a guy of Lebron and Paul George's stature wants to play with this bum. Rookie go out and prove you can actually play in the league before you the media is on your nuts

Stephen Curry is a glorified CJ Mcollum, im serious watch CJ's highlights and watch Curry's and take away the media hype and they are the same player. One just plays on a stacked team and can focus on offense 90% of the time. Remember when Marc Jackson was coaching the warriors, Curry had PER's of 22, and 21 lol. Since coming to Houston, Harden has never had a PER that low

#228 RocketsTruth, Sep 21, 2017
  9. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

:confused:
    Which part of the "I'm not in Morey, etc... 's head so I don't know what they think." don't you understand?
    And which part of "this is only 1 game and if it becomes a pattern, then I'll worry about it" don't you understand?
    You sound like one of those people that thinks everyone is wrong unless they see things your way.
    Jeez, reading the threads in here are a lot less enjoyable than yesteryear. :(

10. vlaurelio

everyone closely involved and higher bball knowledge like Morey, MDA, CP3, Melo, Ariza, Nene, Tucker, LMM, Pops, Kawhi, Lebron, Lue, KD, etc all see last seasons 2nd round exit as Harden not having any other superstar around him and running out of gas

its not really about who of us are right or wrong

but its about realizing the truth of the matter because the people I mentoined are definitely right

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

So Harden quit in game 6 because he didn't have any other superstar around him? :confused:

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Coz he could.

swyyyguy likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

did you read my whole post? feel free to rebuke the whole thing

14. vlaurelio

yeah coz he got Morey, MDA, CP3, and Melo all under his spell

#234 vlaurelio, Sep 21, 2017
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's hope a combination of a second great playmaker and him triming down from dieting and being a gym rat this off-season increases his stamina in late playoff games.

I think him taking care of his body this off-season is going to really pay off. He could return to his more athletic form in his first 3 seasons as a Rocket combined with his more nuanced skillset he honed in on from the past couple of seasons, he could have his best season yet.

16. BackdoorHarden

Curry reminds me of Chris Jackson and Mike Bibby. He ain't even that good. Just play on a stacked team. Remember Monta Ellis average 25 points for 2 straight season with Warriors team. Curry is just lucky he has Klay and Draymond defending for him

RocketsTruth likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

well in addition to those, MDA needs to pace his superstars minutes and let them rest ala Lue/Lebron and Pops/Kawhi as well

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Nobody refutes the fact that he had an epic season... until the last game. Complete BS that he was 'out of gas' from the tipoff. There is no way to defend that game.

No wonder your avi look like Harden preparing to catch a hot load. (@Pen15clubber )

#238 el gnomo, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    kjayp likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

Do you refute the fact that both Lebron and Kawhi rested around 9 games during the regular season to ensure they were fresh for the playoffs???

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Here's a simple solution, if you're really still mad at Harden's game 6 because "he quit", cheer for a team that'll hustle and grind their way to the 8th seed this year!

The Memphis Grizzlies!

You'll never have to worry about quitting or reaching a game 6, perfect! Plus i'm sure what will welcome you with open arms! Swwydouche you could even reunite with your douchey counterpart, an all-time Mavs great, Portions!