1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Are you suggesting ppl who obey the law and wait in line to get into this country are all rich folks? What?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rich? No. Better off, yes... In vast majority of cases.

Again, for most illegals, finding a legal way would have made their lives significantly easier. For most it was a last resort. This notion that crossing illegally is the easy way out is asinine. You are limited to the most dead end shittiest jobs and you constantly have to watch your back.

Even if you disagree with that notion, no way you actually believe the child of a illegal immigrants has it better than the child of a legal immigrant. The stress factor alone of knowing that someone has the legal authority to forceably send you to a country you hardly know and can barely speak the language of is enough for many here to pull their hair out because relatively they have lived snowflake lives.

3. Ender00

Ender00 Member

another post where the solution is not offer about what to do with the future dreamer, you don't really offer how to fix the problem other than pretty much calling me petty and heartless, I just want to apply the same rules to everybody and not selected few. I want to know why are you judging other people "American dream". People come to America in pursuit of happiness but you seem to think certain people happiness should be value above other. You used example that many people who come here legally usually have a better living condition than people who came here illegally, which i am not disagree. But what i disagree with you is, you seem to think that getting a raw deal in life give you a right to break laws that you see to be unfair. It is not our place to judge people base on their individual circumstances but we should judge people base on an agree set of rules otherwise society can not function. How long do you think people will follow the rules if they see other people who break them get away with it? for example, i think its unfair for me to work 3-4 months in order to pay taxes to the government, should i tell them i am broke and owe a lof of money to other people so i think from now on i would only pay 1 month of my salary in tax. If the government let me do this then how long do you think other people would raise a stink and wanting to pay the government 1 month of their salary too?

All you people who call people like me who wants the rules to apply equally to everybody heartless but you guys doesn't seem to give an solution to the problem. what are you planning to do with a new set of dreamer in 10-15 years from now? If i were to guess then you guys would want to let them stay too, if that is the case then why have a law about immigration at all? why not change the law to the one i suggested early where if you get the child in to the us before the age of 10 and the child will automatically receive citizenship when he/she turn 18.

I suspect most people will not go for what i proposing, since if there were to accept this then it will really highlight how ridiculous things actually are. If you notice, most people who don't have anything useful to add seem to go with emotional argument and not what is right/wrong, fair/unfair. They doesn't want to look at the big picture but what is it right now. They are like a drug addict, only care about the present what makes me feels good right now but not the implication down the line.

#323 Ender00, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Rules? Remember when it was legal to own slaves? Rules are man made and are not always just. Beside that, what rules did the child breaks? By the time they realize what the rules were, they may already have been here illegally for decades.

As for solution. Have you ever consider the other side. Businesses (often small one) hiring illegals for cheap labors are probably the most important factor. As long as you allow that to stand, you are going to have people trying to come here. Now, who would be willing to actually crack down hard on that? Put busn owners in jail? No one. So if there is a desire for cheap labor, what to do about that in a smart way? How about some guest work programs. Looks at legalizing the "mass" illegal in some ways that can benefit both sides. There are some proposals out there for that, but many on the right yell absolutely no to all that of that also. All they seem to know is stop illegal at all costs, then turnaround and support the very businesses that "asks" for illegals.

What was your proposal? Allow a one time deal and then cut it off at some arbitrary timeline and crack down hard afterward? That may work, but I'm doubtful. I don't think it's realistic and we'll probably be back to a similar situation in 20 years.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well they probably do end up better off than scumbags who disregard the law and only think about themselves, but IMO that's just because people who follow the law and do things the right way are generally higher quality people so you would expect better choices and better outcomes for those types of people on average.

Just so we're clear, you are comparing a country having borders and controlling the flow of immigration to slavery. You sure that's where you wanna go with this?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's just dissect this post and look at some of the problems with it.
    So in Bobbythegreat land, someone who's family may be in desperate need and wants to come to the United States in the hope that the family will do better than they are in such a difficult position in their home country, is a scumbag who only thinks of themselves. Because possibly paying a coyote the last bit of money you have or borrow, or risking the trek across the dangerous terrain, hidden in dangerous places because even as dangerous as that is, it's still better than the hopeless situation back at home, is a scumbag who only thinks of themselves.

Not every illegal immigrant is in the position I described, but many are. Yet, Bobby has already rationalized in his own mind that all illegal immigrants are scumbags who only think of themselves. Therefore he has made an excuse to trash large numbers of people and ease his guilt in doing so.

el gnomo likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Someone who disregards the law and only thinks of themselves and their family is a scumbag, yes. You can always find excuses to break the law for your convenience but it doesn't make it right.

This would be an example of finding an excuse to break the law for convenience. Screw all of those people who do things the right way, my needs are more important, I am getting in NOW!

Whine and b**** about it all you like, but there's simply no way of getting around the fact that illegal immigrants decided that their situation was more important than anyone else and they believe that it means they don't have to follow the law. People who make excuses to break the law for their own convenience aren't good people for the most part. If you show up in this country disregarding the law from day one because it's not convenient.....you aren't really sending a message that you are a quality person that is going to benefit society from having you around.

Also, when it comes to "trashing large numbers of people", the high number of people who do the wrong thing doesn't make doing the wrong thing any better....so it really is irrelevant how many of them there are. If someone made a blanket statement about thieves being bad, would you get butt hurt about how many people they just "trashed"? That number is likely a lot more than the number of illegals in the US.

8. solodolo

solodolo Member

I'm still surprised bobbathewoat is not a trump dick rider

9. dmoneybangbang

Bobby thinks dope smokers are the scum of the earth.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are describing a civil infraction bro.... You've committed civil infractions in your life.

You ****ing scumbag.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently, clownshoes has never broken the speed limit.

fchowd0311 and el gnomo like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not making excuses for anyone breaking the law. I am pointing out that breaking the law doesn't make someone a selfish scumbag who only thinks of themselves.

It's not that they decided their situation was more important than anyone else. They may not have had the opportunity as of yet to immigrate legally. Your point about thieves isn't applicable. Illegal immigrants are seldom thieves.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Hasn't worked so far.

14. Cohete Rojo

15. Buck Turgidson

Where do you live, Cojete Rojo, just generally.

eta: the only reason I ask is that you seem to know next to nothing about the border or the people living near it. So I am curious.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

...Just the border?

KingCheetah, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Schumer, Pelosi, Trump 'agree' to fix DACA, disagree on the details

Washington (CNN)Democratic leaders Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Nancy Pelosi said following a Wednesday night meeting with President Donald Trump that they have "agreed" to a fix on DACA and resolved to iron out a border-security plan -- "excluding" the US-Mexico border wall that was one of Trump's most memorable campaign promises.

No Worries likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The right wingers, Breitbart included, are not happy about this.

el gnomo likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

That's not me in the video.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sad.