1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Longest tropical storm in US history..... currently 60 hours and counting.

2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Stores currently open in Houston

DonKnock, Daddy Long Legs and Ziggy like this.
  4. likestohypeguy

Interview of a woman after she stepped off a rescue boat, waiting to get taken to a shelter.

"Was there water in your house?"
    "The only reason water's in my house is the boats going by splashing it in."

Maybe, some of those seemed like hot rodded air boats, but I don't think the boats were the only reason. You just don't say that.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What neighborhood?

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is what makes Harvey a mess, the b*stard won't leave!!

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

I wish I can donate to the victims at GRB but there's not a good way to get out there from the Heights...

DonKnock likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

People are dumb and insensitive to other peoples problems. They are selfish and care only for themselves and dont understand that those boats are doing an actual job of trying to save people. That lady sounds like @Brown Lost It

9. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Okay, think what you want to. I know my intentions and don't really care if you took it the wrong way.

Also Just FYI, I have Zero interest in Football. I don't know what position Watt plays, or if he's retired or active. I stopped following the NFL years ago.

10. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Going to end up being a higher damage figure than Katrina. The worst natural disaster in the USA to happen in many of our lifetimes. 4th largest city in the USA, unthinkable, devestating.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes dude. This has been explained to you already. A week ago the focus was on Houston even though the storm was headed for Corpus. The storm was not going to blow through Houston in 24 hours like it did Corpus. If anyone was going to wait this out, they should have food and supplies prepped for a week.

The situation is not going to get better until a couple days. The storm will slowly move out over the next day or so, dropping less rain. The storms and continuous moderate rain is preventing the flooding from running off. The flooding might be peaking, but its not going anywhere fast.

This was poorly mismanaged and they should have done a better job telling people in high risk areas to get out.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Officials say Addicks-Barker drainage could last 3 months.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

In New Iberia, they are threatening to arrest the people who are speeding through flooded streets in their lifted vehicles because the wake is pushing water into peoples homes, who otherwise would not have gotten water in their house.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

I managed to convince my parents to move as much food from our businesses to the house and they're going to take shelter in the voluntary evac zone in Sugar Land.They're on the older side and I did all the prep work for my parents (my mom actually as my dad was out of town of the last hurricane) last time Katrina/Rita was here. They moved some of the cars from the house to the parking garage in Town Center. We only have SUVs in the house now.

Trying to think if I need to let them know anything else.

DonKnock, Fullcourt and Torn n Frayed like this.
  16. TL

TL Contributing Member

River stone

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember many years ago people saying Houston was sinking due to the sucking of the ground water out from the aquifers and the damage is irreversible. I hope that doesn't play a part in what we're seeing here.

Regardless - really tragic to see a place I grew-up under so much devastation. I hope all of you are doing ok.

18. MystikArkitect

THIS is the problem. It's going to be a LONG time before things are back to normal here. After tax day I think Addicks took a month to recede. This city is going to be paralyzed in a way we haven't seen before.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What is a better way to tell people that there could be 40" of rain coming LIKE THEY SAID. The city said, this would be worse than Allison.

20. le081488

le081488 Member

Thoughts on getting to north Houston from dallas?

Only need to make it to Spring Cypress and 45. Heard 45 is under and closed from 1960/Hardy South.