1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Now, I didn't say I was gonna do it, but with no real news coming out and the HUGE amount of shitposting going on in here, I could see #1 getting sick of it and closing this like he has other long threads that wouldn't die.

Intentionally keeping a thread alive by posting offtopic crap and encouraging others to post offtopic crap (mathrocker Im looking at you) has been frowned upon in the past and I honestly have no idea why he is allowing this to continue.

Da Man likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

499 last post

Closed for maintenance.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

But for Morey to do a S&T, he'd have to be convinced there's somewhere else Paul would sign. That place isn't Cleveland, since there's no money. Do you really see a situation among teams with max (or near-max) money that is more preferable for CP3 than Houston? If not, and it seems rather unlikely, then there's no reason for Morey to trade a player he expects to re-sign.

J_Hunter_1977, DonKnock and sammy like this.
  4. No Chill Rocket

[​IMG]
    @Mathrocker

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

All my hard work :(

Hopefully this thread continues to grow organically and doesnt get locked.

These loyal offseason posters deserve 500 IMO

6. rockets13champs

What if it's 1k

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

For perpetuating this thread and encouraging useless posts to push it towards 500, What we all deserve is a video of you getting kicked in the nuts!! Now that is an idea i can get behind! for the 366th page!

8. Daddy Long Legs

That would be monumental.

This thread is a symbol of the summer of melo threads. This thread is the magnum opus of our contribution of the offseason.

It would mean a lot to hit at least 500. It is an idea worth fighting for

Bobsputin and DonKnock like this.
  9. Mav-Hater

10. Daddy Long Legs

Thank you for your contribution to 500. I will not clap back because this is a respectable offseason melo thread for rockets fans.

I will not be baited into chit posting against posters with mavs in their name.

Thank you for your contribution. Do you think this kyrie trade puts any pressure on new york to get a trade done now?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. Mav-Hater

No. Like most all of us, I just want the Melo-Drama to be over so I can set up my team in 2K

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

I think that it helps us in the sense that the cavs are no longer as desirable to the knicks in a melo trade. They wont hold out hope for kyrie anymore.

13. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

There goes our chance to land melo... if we didn't it's all because of you. :mad:;)

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. slpntz

slpntz Member

Any actual news/updates or just a bunch a garbage posts?

15. Daddy Long Legs

No actual news or updates just a good discussion between rockets fans on our chances of acquiring melo.

What trade would you put together to entice knicks to send us melo.

Do you think the kyrie trade affects the melo trade timeline?

houstonstime and Killatron 2000 like this.
  16. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

-
    We hold very few of the cards. NY holds the cards. They do not have to trade him. And, I sense that they have made it clear to HOU that they will not trade Melo to HOU (via a third team) because no such deal is enticing to NY. It rises and falls with NY. The idea that he will be cancerous in the locker room and force a trade is overblown. Just MHO

Bobsputin likes this.
  17. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

It seems to me that the elusive 3rd wouldn't be holding out for Kyrie either. Maybe they'll see Anderson as better than nothing. Who knows?

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

I think there is truth to this. 3rd teams will start getting less greedy more likely to accept marginal improvement in a trade. There are plenty of teans that ryno would improve. Portland and detroit for sure.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

You must dig through the trash to find the 'treasure'.

Woj from this morning:

Where we stand with Carmelo?

Houston & New York have talked, been talking, there's really no way for them to do a deal directly with each other. New York doesn't want Ryan Anderson's deal. Right now, both teams are relatively resigned to the fact that there may not be a deal to do here before the start of the season, that they'll get into the season & see where they go. Houston wants Melo for the playoffs. The idea of not having him for the start of the season or early in the year, if they eventually get to him, they're fine with that.

And he won't open up for any other team?

Knicks are hoping he will, that he'll open it up & they can look at other places to do deals where there is more of a pathway. It will ultimately depend on how badly, if at all, he wants to leave New York. Knicks are hoping he'll get back to New York, maybe it'll be a more functional team, maybe it'll go better. He's never not liked being in New York. They're hoping he either says "I'm OK with staying" or "You can't get this done Houston, let's look at Portland, let's look at some other places." They're not there yet but that's the hope the Knicks have because they're not enthralled with any deal they can do with Houston.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  20. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

We don't necessarily need to be holding the cards. We are fine going into the season with what we have. The Knicks have to be careful that he doesn't opt in for next year (delaying the rebuild), or walk for nothing. When they start to panic. Maori will do his thing. The Knicks have to deal at some point. Whether it is at the deadline, during camp, or Tuesday at 5:45.

mdoggnic likes this.