1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverly: "I requested a trade from the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Woj sitting there like
    [​IMG]

"shut yo a** up, I would of heard about it"

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

I think he hit his ceiling. It was because of harden he did so well.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

You said you requested a trade from the Houston Rockets before the Chris Paul trade...

[​IMG]

Cash Cam, ilovehtownbb, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Valid point but you can't diss the guy for having faith in himself to play a bigger role.

YaoMing#1, Mazulis and jae713 like this.
  5. BackdoorHarden

Did he just say he didn't want to play with Harden like Kyrie doesn't want to be playing with King James???

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am just glad this was what he wanted and the Rockets didn't dish him unwillingly.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Your screen name induces some Harden gay p*rn.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree with this. Its like if you get fired and somebody asks you about it you don't say you got fired you spin it positively like you saw limited growth in the company etc.

What is he supposed to say? Is he supposed to cry when interviewed and say "you think I wanted to leave? I signed a 3 year deal below market value in record time when I became a free agent, thats how much I wanted to leave." The quote made it seem like Bev told Houston trade me to the Clips and Houston got Cp3 for him, lol we all know that was in reverse.

How is that compared to Parsons at all? Parsons turned down a max offer from Houston when they already told him they were gonna sign him after Bosh. After all that, he then said crap like how Dallas is cleaner than Houston. All Bev said was he wanted a bigger role because he was limited in Houston, whats wrong with that? Harden said the same thing when he was traded from OKC. He even said he respects Houston for sending him to a good team thats antagonistic now?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This makes a lot of sense. I felt we overpaid (not grossly) for CP3 who already wanted to come here, is 31, and has one year left. I thought more about this since we can not get a Melo deal done and questioned Morey for not getting the best deal possible for CP3 and giving up trade assets. Beverley and Ariza (if he is eventually traded at some point) get star treatment in a trade scenario and wouldn't get dumped, unless the new owner decides otherwise.

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Google Darrell Armstrong Orlando Magic. I think Bev will do very well playing for Doc Rivers.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I didn't get fired... i quit!

ChumpCity likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I don't remember this guy.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'll take the trade off.

Cp3 wants to play with harden as well as melo.

For all the flack harden gets here we've literally had meetings with every marquee FA besides KD since his first season here.

And we signed Howard and cp3 as well as prob getting melo (atleast that is his choice)

Harden is well respected by his peers (voted MVP over steph by the players)

They see the scouting report on him all season and he still can't be stopped and still wins 50+ games.

Hes literally taken two different rockets rosters with no other allstars to top 3 records in the league and playoff 3 playoff series wins in a 3 yr span.

Only Kawi Leonard can honestly say he's done that.

While I think KD and Lebron can do it steph possibly as well. They have also had other allstars on there teams for the past 5+ years.

Harden is a true transcendent MVP top 5 player without question.

Jayzers_100 and ChumpCity like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is right, he wants to play a bigger role, and probably get a bigger contract. Here in Houston he won't get to shoot as much or create as much and probably feels he can do more somewhere else.

Love Bev, wish him the best, not everyone wants to be 2nd, 3rd or 4th fiddle.

I guarantee we will miss his tenacity though.

DD

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

Can't blame him. He's got once more opportunity for a big contract

17. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Happy for him, he deserves the opportunity. Nothing but respect for that man's hustle, I'll always be a fan.

And I have a feeling those games vs. LAC are going to be must-see TV.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't think we miss as much tenacity as we think, given Paul's attitude.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  19. hvic

hvic Member

I like Bev but I feel that without Harden and co that he his stats will drop to 11 ppg

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Based on what i saw when he tried to create, teams let him do whatever. They sared him to make the play and put the ball in the basket. PAt would always look to pass and they would stay home and deny the passing lane.

This is why he will hever be a great playmaker. People do not respect his drive and his handles are nothing special.