1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

streamers what channels do you have? pay and free

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Jul 26, 2017.

1. body slam

body slam Member

Anyone try Pluto TV? I've downloaded it but it seems to take so long to browse the guide that I gave up.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

PlayStation Vue
    Netflix
    Amazon (Via Prime)
    Free year of HBO Now through Vue

Tablo and an outdoor antenna for OTA locals to save on data usage.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

YouTube tv is available in Houston now.... They have some regional sports... Seems to be lacking att sports Network

#24 Uprising, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Its not available to steam at all at the moment. Let's hope that changes soon.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have the Kodi
    It work pretty good.
    I am looking to cut the cord . .. they are just getting too expensive
    I don't want to have to manage 3~5 different 10~20 dollar bills a month either

Now I have overly expensive cable, Netflix, Amazon and a Firestick
    Cutting Cable completely and adding Hulu might be an option
    but honestly - Cable is basically laziness at this point
    because I don't always know what I want to look at

Rocket River

7. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

You start a noon-kickoff NFL game and 90% of the time you're done by 3 to start the next game, so the 4 hr description is a bit overkill..
    Plus factor in for the game pass you wouldn't get to start watching a game until after the game is completed, hoping the whole time you don't get spoilered on social media or a group text is just not worth it to me

8. what

what Member

Rarely does a game end at three.
    You can shill for live nfl if you want, but game pass has become the top streaming service out of all the major sports for a reason. People hate 4 hour games.
    I also don't think it is that difficult to not spoil a game. Unless you are looking for it, it don't come to you.

#28 what, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  9. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I'm all for saving time too, but I guess I'll find other areas to do it, just don't mess with my sports. Sports events are special in that half the thrill is witnessing live action. Hence attending games is generally regarded as more fun than watching on TV, and then watching on tv LIVE is more fun than watching a replay after the outcome has already been decided.

So I'll have to find other activities in my life to be more time efficient in, I rarely complain about the length of games because I actually find enjoyment in watching it. Say it's a big game, wk 12 undefeated Texans vs undefeated Patriots, do you think it would be easier to invite your friends over to watch it live, or to invite them over to watch it after the game is over? Not worth the time benefit for me I guess, but we can agree to disagree..

10. what

what Member

The game is fine, but the commercials kill what excitement is there. And the constant replays, challenges. The game needs an overhaul. How much excitement do you lose, here is an example.
    Say your team is driving down for a score, the game is tied. Suddenly, your quarterback throws an interception. Cut to a 10 minute commercial break, they come back and the commentators chat for 1 and a half minutes before they go back to another 3 minutes of commercials.
    All the excitement is sucked out of the game, and they go back to another bland drive.

If after the interception, the other teams goes immediately on the field, there is the excitement.
    But the nfl don't want that. They want to string commercials out so that the widest amount of people see them. No thanks.

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If you have DirecTV NOW, does your subscription allow you to access channel apps that require a tv provider account?

For example, the FX app requires you to log in with your DIRECTV credentials before allowing access to its content.

12. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Have any of you young clutchfans checked this out I like to know what you all think about it, It looks like it has very good sports (NBA) and others. I would like to know what your opinion is. https://www.setvnow.com/

13. what

what Member

I'm just going to tell you that even hulu Directv now and play station vue Can't offer hd services And they have millions upon millions of dollars of backing.
    It's probably too good to be true that's gonna be my guess

No Chance likes this.
  14. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I know it is ??? but I might give it a try if it is still around in October. $20. a month would be cheap to watch a all the NBA games. I am hoping that someone on this bbs is already trying it and give input.
    Thanks for your thoughts.