1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 20, 2017.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Can't emphasize this enough! great post.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are right he probably would not make those comments if say a brother or sister of his had recently committed suicide. But everyone is at a different point in their lives and he is ultimately just joking around and would not say that in front of anyone that cared about the guy.

The words you said though are uncalled for also. You could convey that message much differently and it would most likely work better.

Nook likes this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

My favorite band of all time, had a major phase in HS for LP.

RIP Chester

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

6. the shark

the shark Member

Yes I could have used different words, and in fact I wouldn't have said anything if it was just one jab. That he kept going tells me he doesn't get it and more then likely never will. One thing every comedian will tell you and that is timing is everything!!! Obviously this jack off doesn't understand this.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I had Hybrid Theory and then Hybrid Theory Re-Animation. I want to say that came out when I was in 9th grade maybe?

Anyway, really sucks for the wife and 6 kids he left behind. I'm guessing he planned on doing this on Chris Cornell's birthday and that it wasn't a coincidence.

8. VanityHalfBlack

July 20th, same date as the death of Bruce Lee.

Jontro likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

RIP, still in a bit of disbelief on this. On a side note he was also Cornell's son's Godfather, I'm sure in addition to his past/upbringing, Cornell's passing was very hard for him.

I'll miss his music, I really enjoyed the first 2 albums, I think I was a Jr in hs when Hybrid Theory hit.

Regardless, I hope he set his family up financially. The pain will always be there for them but hopefully they don't have to deal with finances on top of it.

Anyway, just so sad to lose anyone to suicide, if you're hurting get help! And not just for yourself... but the people in your life that you will leave behind.

Obviously people make jokes but suicide sucks for everyone.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Obviously he was in a lot of pain and he didn't know what else to get him away from his pain. He's had a rough life being sexual abused when he was young for years. That probably messed up his mind so bad and couldn't fully recover. His music definitely helped me since I was in middle/high school and my parents were going through problems and eventually divorce and my girl relationship problems. It was an outlet and I'm sorry to hear he commit suicide.

We truly don't know how much a pain a person goes through until we're in their shoes. A lot of it is all internal and they can't even do anything about it. They just feel pain and there might not even be a valid reason why. My wife has depression and it's a struggle sometimes as she can't do anything, it's just a wave of sadness and she has extreme anxiety. We just try to have set schedule and have things as stable as we can. Anything that's off, can set off her anxiety and depression. I can't imagine him living a celebrity life with depression. Everything probably gets set off and he can't ever calm down from his depression with any stability. Any who condolence to his family and friends. Thank you for making your music as it gave me an outlet when I was young and impressionable. RIP Chester.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would say it's a good bet Cornell's suicide is a key cog in the chain as a reason for this guy's suicide. I don't think we'd be here with this if Cornell were still around. Call it a trigger or whatever.

I would imagine having kids complicates the hell out of the thoughts of someone thinking about suicide. But, I could see that just adding to the distress of the situation. Parenthood can be a lot of pressure and add that to existing depression. Wouldn't the thoughts start possibly turning into "wouldn't my kids be better off without me?" territory?

It's hard to expect someone to live for others (so they can be spared) when they are at a point they can't or won't live for themselves first. People who still have some train of rational thought may think like they can't do it to save or spare others. But, I think rational thought is obviously absent in many of these cases. It could be due to depression from chemical imbalances in the brain, prescription drugs altering thought, drug abuse, or whatever. What kind of parent would leave their kids behind like that given the choice? No rational one would because they still have at least some of their faculties about them.

This is another screwed up rock tragedy and let's hope there are no more.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good post, which we all know you're capable of, when you don't want to be an ass.

My wife deals with depression and has since I've known her. Knowing what to do to help ease her pain at times is beyond me. Makes me feel so very terrible. She's excellent with words, like you, and I feel she'd put it very similarly.

#73 Two Sandwiches, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  14. theimpossibles1

Liked Moes first post. Thought it was pretty funny. Then scrolled down to realize it was straight up trolling. Then continued on to see the dude is dealing with some issues. Moes you are a funny and talented dude. For real. Keep it light homie!

15. VanityHalfBlack

Song still go hard bruh.

16. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

An old interview reveals how troubled this young man was. So sad knowing the outcome now..
    <div class="fb-video" data-href="" data-width="500" data-show-text="false"><blockquote cite="" class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href=""></a><p>Chester did cry for help.
    Oh how tragic this is
    -Pat</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/LpFanSite/">Linkin Park Fans From All Over The World</a> on Friday, July 21, 2017</blockquote></div>

#76 monkeyboy32, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Jontro and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  17. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Didn't care for his music, but sad that he left so many behind. Psycho Mike (Caherwood?) broke down crying during his podcast with dr drew when talking about the subject.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Reading through the comments is disgusting. There are other threads to troll.

RIP Chester

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's impossible to know what exactly he was feeling that made him decide this was the solution.
    But I went through a divorce last year and I am not going to lie...there were moments where I thought suicide was the better way out than dealing with that pain of being cheated on and losing someone you cared about for 13 years.
    While I thought that was what was best for me, there was a tiny part of me that knew it would be the worst thing that I could ever do to the people that loved me and were trying to help me through it.
    It's crazy to think about it now and so glad I never did anything stupid.

fba34, TMac'n, Torn n Frayed and 2 others like this.