1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Orioles

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 21, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Generally astros.mlb.com has highlight videos during and after the game

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hoyt.... Turrble

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HOU@BAL: Moran hits towering shot for his first homer

4. KeuchelForPresident

Moran is now basking in the glory of being the Astros' OPS leader tonight at 2.250!

In all seriousness... or at least, some seriousness, the 3 minor league call-ups this year (Centeno, Fisher, Moran) have really impressed, going a collective 10-for-29 with 5 home runs and a triple. Oh, I might also mention four walks and a stolen base while striking out only 6 times and being caught stealing once.

Yes of course, they won't maintain that torrid pace over the long term, and opposing pitchers will gradually build a "book" on how to approach them, but this type of success right out of the gate is not typical for AAA guys coming to the big leagues. Hats off to all three of them (and to Teoscar Hernandez too - sorry that Jose Altuve had to run into you in the outfield). They are setting the bar high for all the old vets like Beltran and Aoki who want to keep a spot on this team.

#124 KeuchelForPresident, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Houstunna, kaleidosky and adw like this.
  5. KeuchelForPresident

A big thanks to the Braves, too, for humbling the Dodgers today 12-3. Wood got hit up really badly though former Astro Josh Fields pitched 2 scoreless innings in relief for LAD.

Yaosthirdleg and adw like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Fisher never should have been sent down.

He is ready.

T for 3, Yaosthirdleg and adw like this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Moran looks like a completely different hitter than last year. It was stunning to watch tonight.

Yaosthirdleg and adw like this.
  8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Looks like I missed a doozy tonight.

Pen15clubber and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

McHugh tonight? Cool. I didn't even know he went on rehab assignment yet.

10. Buck Turgidson

The bullpen was terrible. I wasn't watching the 9th that closely until the Devo HR, but am I to assume that a big reason Hoyt pitched to Machado was there was nobody ready in the pen? After the Kim 2B, Jones 2B'd on the first pitch.

I guess the only saving grace was that Devo & Giles only threw 4 pitches each. They had no business in that game if Feliz and Hoyt do their jobs.

I wish I could find a replay of Moran getting the cold shoulder in the dugout after his HR.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

So does Mike Fiers or Brad Peacock start game 1 in the postseason?

STR8Thugg, No Worries and Major like this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If DK doesn't get healthy and Lance continues to pitch like his last three outings, then that is a distinct possibility.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Lance will be fine.

DK fingers crossed.

McCugh...ugh. No expectations but apparently he has looked good in his rehab starts. Fingers crossed he can be 2015 McCugh (Ya know the guy that seemed to give up 4 runs every first inning but would settle down and get 10+ run support every start). If he can be 2014 McCugh I'll run naked through the streets.

All jokes aside, McCugh has been a huge part of the starting rotation for the last 3 years. He been exceptionally durable (until this year), and maybe some of us have given up on him a little too soon. I can't wait to see him pitch tonight.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

little worried about McHugh's first start. Not gonna lie! Hopefully he comes in strong, full of adrenaline and kicks butt!

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

IMO, he's got a job to earn. With Peacock and Fiers performing as well as they are, McHugh is going to have to show he belongs in this rotation. I don't think we can use tonight as a great barometer as he's likely to be a little more amp'd up than usual.

CisBuds4U likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I don't see how anyone can presume health for either of these guys when there is no recent history of it.

Nook likes this.
  17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I wasn't talking Lance's health but rather his pitching. The slump lately doesn't worry me.

18. HstnSprtsFan101

He made that look pretty easy. The power is real. Been waiting for this! Got a feeling he's gonna be tough to get out of the lineup even after Correa's return. We know Luhnow is definitely a big Moran fan

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'm so excited Mchugh is going tonight. I have felt bad seeing him stuck on the bench for all this great baseball.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His triple was arguably more impressive - I think it was 108 mph off the bat.