1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

#34 Member

ohhhh, this is Don Knock from The Coli. What's up fam, it's h2o

DonKnock likes this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't understand who benefits from the "smokescreen." Someone on Twitter suggested that POR feigning serious interest in trading for Melo is a smokescreen for their fanbase, so they'll be less upset when they eventually facilitate his move here. I guess it makes as much sense as anything else happening in this saga.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

How long do we wait until we can trade our newly signed free agents... It seems they have become our only assets.... Besides trading Trevor ( shady helped bring in CP3)
    Gordon should be untouchable....
    Anderson, Tucker , and 2nd round draft pick... For Melo...

Ariza and Moumte should be enough for defense...

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Lol. The Knicks have no leverage. We give them Anderson, Nanu and Qaurterman. They save some cash on the buyout. Melo has told them he isn't coming back, and he has only 2 destinations they can trade him to.

5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Cause realistically its Portland who is giving the assets to get Melo. If the Knicks are gonna want more for Melo, Portland would want more for the assets to get him. Saying we want Melo is them saying we have what the Knicks want so make it better for us or you have nothing.

KlutchQT likes this.
  6. Rocket85

Rocket85 Member

7. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Right? Why the f does there need to be a smokescreen when melo literally gets to choose if he wants to be traded or not

9. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Long time ago and he admits to pretend to have sources.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Vescey has been irrelevant for many years. He doesn't know anything. He even says that he's not gonna pretend to be wired anymore which basically means that u should disregard whatever he says.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

old and most likely false. D'Antoni hinted that he would want Melo in his interview at SL

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Potato>Fraudriguez>Vescey

DonKnock, adw and bigred77 like this.
  14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think the theory @jamisonrocket suggested makes sense... if Portland pretends they don't want to help us out and only want him for themselves, maybe they think Morey will fold and give them more than just Ryan (or whatever we were offering them) to get things moving again? I think I'd personally be less inclined to want to deal with Portland at all at this point, but I'm also petty so there's that.

Artie_Fufkin and glenadyll like this.
  15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I think the whole "Blazers only want part of the deal if they get Melo" smokescreen was supposed to benefit the Knicks.

In the hypothetical three team trade between the Rockets, Knicks and Blazers, the main piece the Knicks would get would be from the Blazers; Harkless.

This smokescreen was to put out that the Knicks and Blazers can get this deal done without the Rockets, so the Rockets better up their package; multiple 1st instead of one, etc.

Melo putting out that he has no interest in the Blazers is going to clear the smoke.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see what you're saying

17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I get it. Blazers Anti-Jinx!!

@DreamShook would be proud.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Leonards contract is r****ded he is not even worth a quarter of that

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

theoretically Portland would be expecting assets in order to take on Ryno's contract, but then a 4th team would be expecting assets in order to take on Leonard's contract since the Knicks don't want it

Darryl is sending his assets to the Knicks, so Portland doesn't want to give up assets to a 4th team while not getting any from us for taking Ryno, and the Knicks aren't giving up any assets not named Melo

This was my initial thinking for what the hold up was.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member