1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

Good point. Knicks and Lakers are in a bit of a drought. Portland is a great organization though. And they were .700 with Nurk last year. They are team on rise. Dame/CJ/Melo/Swanigan/Nurkic is a very good team. CP3/Harden/Ariza/Melo/Capela is a good team too though. Houston may not have the pieces to get it done though. I still wonder how Paul, Melo, and Harden would play together since they're all so ball dominant. Dame is team player and can play off ball, CJ is efficient so doesn't need lots of shots, and Nurkic is a great facilitator.

2. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Only been in NY for a year now but damn i couldn't agree more. New York is an amazing city, one of a kind to say the least but yeah it's super overrated. Can't say I enjoy the city more than living in Houston.

adw likes this.
  3. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

A real student of the game, though.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

I'm 42 and you're projecting. Everything I've written is true.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

yeah I thought the same about los angeles when I visited there. seemed like an amazing place to vacation but maybe not the best place to live daily life. It's all preference I'm sure though. If you have a lot of money and stay in a place like manhattan or santa monica then thats super legit. You are sick of manhattan?

when I was in santa monica a barber smoking a cigarette told me he wanted to move to texas and start a family and told me how jealous he was that i live in texas because he's just cutting celebrities hair and kissing their asses all day lol. Said he wanted to get out of all the fakeness. Some of those type of "best city in the world" places can really burn people out.

I feel like to really thrive in one of those areas you gotta have a lot of spare money to throw around and have a close group of people that you trust. The dog eat dog world seems to be a little bit more dog eat dog in those areas

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

and when it comes to basketball the Knicks are a third tier franchise. Period.

Pen15clubber, BigMaloe, adw and 3 others like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

how are you doing this? lol. tineye?

9. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

You need to look a certain way to be a student of the game?

10. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

I like that picture. That was a fun day.

DudeWah, joshuaao, Reeko and 7 others like this.
  11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It's pretty obvious that you don't even have sneaky athleticism. And from your basura posting you aren't a lunch pail mentality guy either.

Shroopy2 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Look, there's plenty about this guys basketball posts to roast. Do we really need to be posting pictures of the guy? I mean, chances are a lot of people here are some goofy lookin' MFers. Keep it relevant, respond to his stupid posts.

adw and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. AkeemOlaDROwon

So they've targeted him before. I'm sure they've targeted a bunch of players but you think that Harkless is near the top of their wishlist? The guy that has been traded twice in his 5 year career? They covet Maurice Harkless so much that they will prolong this Carmelo fiasco until Melo breaks so they can get Maurice Harkless? Well, I guess my only real question is which superstars do you think they'll sign in 2018 after Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, and PG express their desire to play with THE Maurice Harkless?

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Posted in another thread... but to repeat: Portland has 1 player NYC is interested in
    DETROIT may have two (Harris & Jackson).

3 team trade:
    HOU: Melo

NYK
    : Reggie Jackson (DET// vet PG) + Tobias Harris (DET// NYC native + young scorer + Melo replacement) + HOU expirings + 2020 1st from Htown (protected)

DET: Ryno (HOU // Stretch 4 to protect Drummond & vice versa + played for SVG) + Courtney Lee (NYK // played for SVG as a rookie + good 3 shooter)

Knicks shed salary + get vet PG to tutor recent draftee + get NYC native & prolific scorer + 1st from Htown
    Pistons jump to 4th or 5th seed in East from not making playoffs
    Rox get 3rd star and are better prepared to knock off GSW

So Blazers not needed to make all 3 teams happy

So Blazers' fan... you can blaze on that... IJS

ClutchCitity81 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  17. Mr. Motiejunas

All this epicness going on in this thread and no @Pen15clubber ?!?! I am disappoint.

18. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Look, I definitely don't hate the current Blazers team as constructed. But, I really feel like all of you Blazers fan are completely overrating Nurkic. Sure, he came in and played barely a fourth of a season for ya'll, and played pretty decently. But, he's an injury-plagued big man who walks around with far too much weight. And, it's not like he's some world beater out there. He's a solid player, but he's not some amazing big on the verge of super stardom. He's solid, but let's leave it there. Come talk to me when he's able to play 70 games in a season for ya'll.

As far as the fit between Cp3, Melo, and Harden - I'm pretty confident that one of the best offensive minds in basketball history is going to have a field-day with these guys. Harden and Cp3 are two of the most willing passers you will see in the NBA, and Harden has been asking for legit play-making help for years at this point. We will figure it out.

I don't think it's a stretch to think the future looks far brighter in Houston than in Portland.

19. No Chill Rocket

20. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Man, I got on here thinking there was new news only to find out it's just a bunch of butthurt fans that can't talk basketball unless it pumps sunshine onto their own team. Sad really.

DudeWah and J_Hunter_1977 like this.